E

Exiled spirit

Dec 25, 2019
I think it's cruel to bring a child into this world full of suffering and need for happiness. Some people think that it's okay to have a child if you're mentally, physically, and financially able to take care of him. But I find this response unconvincing.

Even if you're a rich, well-educated person living in an advanced country, your child may suffer from some sort of physical or mental health issues that are difficult to be cured. Your child may reach a point where he doesn't want to live with this so much pain, but at the same time he is scared of death. In this scenario, what are you going to do? You're child is suffering terribly and afraid of dying. How can you solve this predicament? I think there's no an easy solution for that predicament. That's why I think we should not force another child into this existence and expose him to this potential predicament.

Don't reproduce another child who may end up being broken-hearted.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: HadItAll, tera_forest, RoundaboutResolved and 8 others
ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
I hope people understand that humans are the exception on earth, we are more sentient and feel more complex emotion. We are also the only species on earth that imposes so much stress on our fellow humans that some think death is a mercy.

Anyone who even considers bringing a child to this world need to actually live in it, they need to know the hardships of the world and how much pain it can bring someone. It's the reasonable thing to do if you ever want to bring a life to the world.

Parents should be ready to do anything for their child, even before having it. People who have genetic diseases and still choose to have children are irresponsible, adopt and you can save an already suffering life and give them a family. People who can't handle children with physical chronic illnesses, neurodivergent children or children with mental illnesses should never have children.

You're not bringing home a pet, you're bringing home someone who will be a human with sentience and emotions and have the capacity to suffer so much they crave death and believe life is torture.

• Hugs
Reactions: tera_forest, kernel_panic, Homo erectus and 2 others
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, in the end, it's a personal opinion. There isn't much we can do to dissuade people from having kids. Just because someone is rich doesn't mean the kid's emotional support is covered. I wish people were less ignorant of the emotional responsibilities of having a child.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, CTB Dream and Exiled spirit
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Ya plz no have kid, life all suffer all no sense cncpt see me injury damage nobod care no thing,thiis all rprdct awful suffer endle, bring child = injury damage %

Reactions: Homo erectus and Exiled spirit
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course nobody should ever procreate, it's absolutely unacceptable to burden people with existence where there is no straightforward way to cease existing. Procreation is the source of all human suffering and problems after all, and it disgusts me how delusional people celebrate this and view it as being a positive thing. It's like they are blind to the fact that this world is filled with risks and potential for harm with no limit as to how much one can potentially end up being tortured.
The nonexistent should just be left alone, nobody who is not yet existing deserves this punishment as after all, all that is inevitable for us as humans is suffering, loss and decay. We are all destined to die and return to nothingness anyway so there is no value in creating unnecessary problems all for the sake of it.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidе, HadItAll, RoundaboutResolved and 3 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Parents should teach their children that they are strong enough to overcome adversity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Ghost, RoundaboutResolved and looseye
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
No. If the parents have good genetics and are good mentally and financially, it's necessary to reproduce. The odds of the child living a good life are too high in such circumstances.

• Yay!
Reactions: OceanBlue, Dead Ghost, RoundaboutResolved and 1 other person
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Breeding any sentient life in this hellhole ought to be criminal offence.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Suicidе, RoundaboutResolved, kernel_panic and 2 others
cwsyf

cwsyf

Apr 7, 2023
I never planned on having kids for this exact reason but ended up having an unplanned child and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me but thinking about this still worries me daily. I wouldn't ever want her to go through what I've been going through my entire life.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and eleanora