N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
This sparked a controversy in my country. This guy is called Fabian Wolff. He was a journalist for several (mostly leftwing) newspapers in my country. He criticized Israel a lot with a big scepticism towards their policies. He also acted like a German jewish voice and that he represents Jewish people living in Germany. Now he pretends he did not know the truth all the time. Allegedly his mom revealed to him that he is none before she died. Though this all sounds like a pretty blatant lie to me.

I read an interesting story about him. There was a smilar case many years ago. A young German woman claimed to be ancestor of holocaust victims despite she was none. A certain media outlet revealed her secret eventually. Later she committed suicide because she could not live with the media reporting about her. She said she felt skinned while being alive. This is why many outlets were hesitant to reveal his lie. In the end he opened up by himself about it. Though I have the feeling this was an act of defense. I think otherwise the secret would have been revealed by someone else. An ex-girlfiend of him contacted newspapers that this guy was a liar. The ex-girlfriend later committed suicide. At that time all the big newspapers did not take her claims serious.

There is actually a syndrome that describes to falsly claim to be survivor of the holocaust (or at least to be an ancestor of such victims.) It is called the Wilkomirski sydnrome. I could imagine it is more widespread in my country. Though I read examples from people internationally that fit this description.

I mean what does people lead to claim they were prisonned in concentration camps. In the German wikipedia articles they say some of these people went to schools to educate people about the holocaust. This seems so insane for me. I could start to speculate why they are doing this. But maybe this is not approriate. I am interested whether the people in this forum even care about this post. Maybe it is a stereotype about Germans that we are sort of hypocrites and lecture everyone about morals and ethics while being frauds. At the same time it reminds of George Santos. who claimed to be a Jew.

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Remnds slf of ppl wh/ claimd 2 b survivrs frm 9/11

1 of thm ran a charty fr 9/11 srvivrs also bt sh/ ws fakng th/ whle tme

• Informative
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and noname223
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I was a survivor of the pandemic.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Professor K and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Could be the "Santos Syndrome" Where you are Jew-ish to help your political career. 😉
Or Drag Queen-ish
Or 9/11-ish
Olympic-ish
Spiderman-ish
GoFundMe-ish......

Or as I like to call him Piece Of Shit-ish 😁

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I was a survivor of life!