• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

GreenMile

GreenMile

Aug 3, 2021
Questions are good, there is nowhere else to ask and you want to make sure you understand: the ignorant thing would be not to ask.

I have an exit bag set-up, but have N and will be taking it as my preferred method.

Sitting up is better: heavier CO2 escapes out the bottom of the bag near your neck when you breath out and the inert gas will rise to the top of the bag which you breath in.

You need a regulator with a flow meter so you can establish a flow rate of 15 liters a minute, without it you may as well not attempt the Exit Bag method and may make things much worse.

Once you're unconscious your body will rest were it is: so how you locate it is important (obviously !). The idea of convulsions is vastly overplayed, once your body goes limp, as long as there's enough gas going into the bag for long enough after passing out, the end will come.

Getting a good understanding of the method is vital, it's wise to ask about it. If you have time to slowly go over the section on it in the PPH most of the questions you have an answer there.

All the Best

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
I'm currently searching for hotels with a recliner in the room. I want this shit to work, but don't want to have to sit upright the whole time. I wish i could just lay down after taking some Xanax and drift away with the bag on.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
A

alane

Jul 18, 2021
I'm currently searching for hotels with a recliner in the room. I want this shit to work, but don't want to have to sit upright the whole time. I wish i could just lay down after taking some Xanax and drift away with the bag on.
Hell yay !!! I wish it was that easy !!!

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
aNYONE HEAR OF USING HELIUM with a CPAP MASK AND TUBE. IT LOOKS REALLY EASY

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Yes and masks fail.
It's a CPAP mask, used for sleep apnea, so it is medical equipment and should be airtight, do you know for sure that these masks fail???? I'd really like to know. Thought I was on to something sound.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
It's a CPAP mask, used for sleep apnea, so it is medical equipment and should be airtight, do you know for sure that these masks fail???? I'd really like to know. Thought I was on to something sound.
Masks are not recommended as far as I know. The only ones people have talked about using are expensive fancy scuba masks. Search for the gas megathread for more info. I don't have the link on me.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Looking a bit closer at the failed attempts it would seem that there are 2 distinct "failed outcomes". Either the person does not lose consciousness at all or they lose consciousness and wake up with severe chest pain and find the bag ripped off their head and vomit next to them.
My story is different. I passed out, but woke up WITH the bag on my head. Do not know how much I was unconscious so, cause I felt very sleepy and immediately went to bed. Also had no pain and no vomiting, but shit myself.
PS: Do not know where would be better to post all the details since I cannot create my own thread.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
My story is different. I passed out, but woke up WITH the bag on my head. Do not know how much I was unconscious so, cause I felt very sleepy and immediately went to bed. Also had no pain and no vomiting, but shit myself.
PS: Do not know where would be better to post all the details since I cannot create my own thread.

Was that party balloon helium that you used? While those cannisters used to be 100% purity, they now usually have oxygen added in most countries.

How much helium was in the cannister?

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Was that party balloon helium that you used? While those cannisters used to be 100% purity, they now usually have oxygen added in most countries.

How much helium was in the cannister?
That whas industrial tank from a gas-selling company (they also sell other gases like argon, nitrogen etc).
99,99% purity declared.
5 litres of compressed helium at 147 atm., that means about 735 litres of uncompressed gas.
I had checked the pressure before use and it was right.
Of course used reductor.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
That whas industrial tank from a gas-selling company (they also sell other gases like argon, nitrogen etc).
99,99% purity declared.
5 litres of compressed helium at 147 atm., that means about 735 litres of uncompressed gas.
I had checked the pressure before use and it was right.
Of course used reductor.
Oxygen must have been getting in from somewhere, if not from the cylinder, then the bag.
Was the bag snug around your neck?
What LPM did you use in the regulator/reductor?

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Oxygen must have been getting in from somewhere, if not from the cylinder, then the bag.
Was the bag snug around your neck?
What LPM did you use in the regulator/reductor?
I just checked. It was not very close to the neck. I can insert a finger between a bag and my neck.
I tried to set flow control at 15 LPM (the arrow was jumping from more to less, but it seemed like on average it was about 15).
Also, when I woke up, the tank was lying on the floor, not staying like it should. Maybe in this position a flow control does not work correctly? Instruction of the regulator does say not to use it in this position for some reason.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I just checked. It was not very close to the neck. I can insert a finger between a bag and my neck.
I tried to set flow control at 15 LPM (the arrow was jumping from more to less, but it seemed like on average it was about 15).
Also, when I woke up, the tank was lying on the floor, not staying like it should. Maybe in this position a flow control does not work correctly? Instruction of the regulator does say not to use it in this position for some reason.
Did you knock the tank to the ground when you went unconscious? It's possible it may have affected the set-up.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Did you knock the tank to the ground when you went unconscious? It's possible it may have affected the set-up.
Yes, I did it while unconscious. I also fell of the chair during that time.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Yes, I did it while unconscious. I also fell of the chair during that time.
Well, maybe that was the problem. When falling over you may have affected the set-up, either the cylinder/regulator or the tubing going to the bag.

You should strap yourself to the chair if you attempt this again.

Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy