M

MiaBhai

Jun 30, 2024
It would be helpful if the Search function was available to new members as it would cut down on repetitive posts for things that may have been asked and answered before. I have a question that I'm a little hesitant to ask as it may have already been asked and answered, so being able to search if there are already threads or posts about this would be very helpful.
I also strongly feel the same. And the condition that a certain numbers of contributions is needed for search bar to appear is not mentioned in the Rules and FAQs forum, which troubled me a lot until I got answer in this thread and I am sure it troubles other new members too. I don't think there is a good reason to hide the search bar.

Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
I also strongly feel the same. And the condition that a certain numbers of contributions is needed for search bar to appear is not mentioned in the Rules and FAQs forum, which troubled me a lot until I got answer in this thread and I am sure it troubles other new members too. I don't think there is a good reason to hide the search bar.
you can search on google using "site:sanctioned-suicide.net"

Example:
Charcoal methode site:sanctioned-suicide.net

Reactions: MiaBhai
M

MiaBhai

Jun 30, 2024
you can search on google using "site:sanctioned-suicide.net"

Example:
Charcoal methode site:sanctioned-suicide.net
I already got a megathread on it from you, Thanks for your effort :)

Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
There's obviously a reason to why the search function isn't available straight away.. maybe its to do with new members not been able to find the methods or something first i dont know..

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
M

MiaBhai

Jun 30, 2024
~50 -150/200
I got search function after just my 4th post
There's obviously a reason to why the search function isn't available straight away.. maybe its to do with new members not been able to find the methods or something first i dont know..
There are posts related to CTB all over SS so hiding search bar to restrict new members from accessing method is not helpful. Also as he/she said, hiding search contributes to repetition of threads, which should not happen.

Last edited:

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
Hey, I was just wondering if I did something wrong, or if there's a certain amount of time that posts have to be moderated?

F

Formerhuman

Jul 23, 2024
Seriously? To access the search bar I need to contribute. What kind of shit is that?

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and Life_and_Death
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Seriously? To access the search bar I need to contribute. What kind of shit is that?
Welcome to the forum

What's wrong with contributing?

Reactions: Higurashi415 and Praestat_Mori
Downdraft

Downdraft

I've felt better ngl
Feb 6, 2024
Welcome. It's a problem we have, we've made suggestions to change it. Sorry for that. :(

Reactions: huzzahhue56
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
Staff can correct me if I'm wrong, but it is likely to slow bad actors and spammers from targeting specific users/topics/threads. Many forums use similar precautions to help protect the community.

Just join in the conversation on some threads and after some time and some posts you'll get access as long as you're not actively breaking the rules. If you honestly can't see yourself joining the discussions on various threads go to the off topic section and post in the many game threads to get your post count up. It's not hard and helps the site staff weed out those who shouldn't be here.

Reactions: Higurashi415, Praestat_Mori, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Staff can correct me if I'm wrong, but it is likely to slow bad actors and spammers from targeting specific users/topics/threads. Many forums use similar precautions to help protect the community.
You are absolutely right.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
Hello guys,I'm new here I posted Only one thread but the site won't let me post another one why is so?

SeekingRelief

SeekingRelief

Aug 16, 2024
It would be helpful if the Search function was available to new members as it would cut down on repetitive posts for things that may have been asked and answered before. I have a question that I'm a little hesitant to ask as it may have already been asked and answered, so being able to search if there are already threads or posts about this would be very helpful.
I agree with this, but I can somewhat understand why it's not now after reading a few different posts.
Here is some Google-fu that will help new members.
Type this into Google:
Site:www.sanctioned-suicide.net the words you want to search here
This will honestly work better than the sites search function anyway.
Wow, I feel stupid that I didn't even think to try this myself. Thank you so much! This is mega appreciated.

HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
Not money. Just comments or join the chat room a few times and boom u r on. Its to show u aren't the press or some weirdo anti-suicide person.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Myforevercharlie
DipAndChips

DipAndChips

Aug 11, 2024
First post made by your account and this is what you post?

You exhibit poor decorum....

What happen to forum etiquette....

But like the others have stated.

By contribute they mean make new topics and/or reply to existing topics/posts.

Not money. Just comments or join the chat room a few times and boom u r on. Its to show u aren't the press or some weirdo anti-suicide person.
As to this.

IIRC NEW members can not access the chat box on the website.
They still need to unlock it :P In ways of contributions XD

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and Sunshine
Cyber4ngel!

Cyber4ngel!

Aug 24, 2024
I have a problem when editing my biography or any details in my profile, such as the title. No matter what I write, it says it might be spam and asks me to wait or contact a moderator. I searched but haven't seen anyone else asking about this issue
SmartSelect 20240826 014126 Chrome

Last edited:
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
I know there is a very long thread for new members to introduce themselves. How am I supposed to find it as a brand new member if I don't have access to the search button and can't start a thread yet?

Reactions: BobSmoked
I

ItsTime-Rich!

Sep 2, 2024
Same here but my take is this... if they won't make search available then they have to put up with my repeated questions. If I need an urgent answer, I'm gonna ask again n again n again. Tbh, life's too short not to have a search function.. grrrrr..
I know there is a very long thread for new members to introduce themselves. How am I supposed to find it as a brand new member if I don't have access to the search button and can't start a thread yet?
Fully agree with you.. Especially when I just need answers now! I'm new but like everyone, I have needs!!