dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
Hello!! Just wanted to introduce myself... 55f here from the US. I've suffered from MDD on and off all my adult life. I've lost my will to live this last year and struggle to get out of bed. I'm barely functioning or eating. I find joy in nothing and lost interest in everything. I've always seen life for the cruel horror show it really is. No meds are working and I even did ECT, which didn't work either. I would prefer to be dead, but too much of a coward right now to make it happen.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: genoke, pthnrdnojvsc, Joarga and 15 others
Themogger

Themogger

Nah, I'd die
Jul 23, 2024
Welcome child 👴🏿. I hope you find what you're looking for here

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
landslide2

landslide2

Experienced
May 6, 2024
hello and welcome, i too have struggled with MDD most of my life.

• Aww..
Reactions: ropearoundatree
tiredandafraid

tiredandafraid

Silent Night
Aug 23, 2024
I'm sorry you are struggling. Life is cruel. Like you I want to do the same but can't violently hurt myself. I need N for a peaceful exit but it's hard to get. Actually seems impossible.

• Hugs
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
Hello!! Just wanted to introduce myself... 55f here from the US. I've suffered from MDD on and off all my adult life. I've lost my will to live this last year and struggle to get out of bed. I'm barely functioning or eating. I find joy in nothing and lost interest in everything. I've always seen life for the cruel horror show it really is. No meds are working and I even did ECT, which didn't work either. I would prefer to be dead, but too much of a coward right now to make it happen.
I'm really sorry to hear of your circumstance, and your situation... For I too, can relate. And am, or have been, in a very similar situation & postion: (minus the ECT- though it was recommended at one point!). Hope you can find some hope here, whatever that definition means or fits to/or for you. And that you can at least feel a little less badly, or down & out as a result of/at being with like-minded peers, or people. Take care of yourself. . .

*edit, I "think" I meant to say 'help,' in place of 'hope,' that it is you can or are able to find. But my brains & mind are so scrambled & fried. That I'm not even sure now. Have a hard time reading back the things I've just said~ // but I guess, either works.

dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
I'm sorry you are struggling. Life is cruel. Like you I want to do the same but can't violently hurt myself. I need N for a peaceful exit but it's hard to get. Actually seems impossible.
Yes I agree. There is no easy way out of here, except MAID but so many restrictions on that and mental illness doesn't qualify unless you live in Switzerland.
I'm really sorry to hear of your circumstance, and your situation... For I too, can relate. And am, or have been, in a very similar situation & postion: (minus the ECT- though it was recommended at one point!). Hope you can find some hope here, whatever that definition means or fits to/or for you. And that you can at least feel a little less badly, or down & out as a result of/at being with like-minded peers, or people. Take care of yourself. . .

*edit, I "think" I meant to say 'help,' in place of 'hope,' that it is you can or are able to find. But my brains & mind are so scrambled & fried. That I'm not even sure now. Have a hard time reading back the things I've just said~
There is definitely solace in knowing you don't suffer alone.

C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
Hi. Welcome to SaSu. I hope you can find a little peace here, in one form or another.

Reactions: ropearoundatree and landslide2
potablewater784

potablewater784

Lurker
Jun 22, 2022
Welcome to the forum :)

I wish meds could just work for everyone, but they often don't :( I've had a mixed experience with them, but they usually seem to do nothing. Either way, I'm sorry that you have to suffer from such severe MDD. Nobody deserves that!

Whether through recovery or CTB, I hope that you can find peace

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Wlcm forum v sry sffr rly crul life

Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
Welcome Madame :))

Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
Welcome to the forums. I hope you're able to find some form of comfort talking with members here.