• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TheLastStraw

May 10, 2018
It is the only philosophy I can relate to the only religion where the followers actually follow the teachings

I can't argue with them saying life=suffering

I daydream from time to time about becoming a monk, it seems like a stress free life devoted to exploring your own mind, but you would have to give up all wordly belongings and cash, so once your in, if you want to leave youd probably be homeless....it's a major thing holding me back

Also I don't meditate at all, I just can't discipline myself to do it everyday, I just agree with most of the teachings and quotes

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sólstafir, Iwant2sleepforever and 7 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
It is the only philosophy I can relate to the only religion where the followers actually follow the teachings

I can't argue with them saying life=suffering

I daydream from time to time about becoming a monk, it seems like a stress free life devoted to exploring your own mind, but you would have to give up all wordly belongings and cash, so once your in, if you want to leave youd probably be homeless....it's a major thing holding me back

Also I don't meditate at all, I just can't discipline myself to do it everyday, I just agree with most of the teachings and quotes
You don't have to go to the extremes to practice the teachings even though I understand the want to be enlightened like monks.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Failed, Discarded and 4 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Most of my beliefs stem from eastern philosophy.

Reactions: Soul, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, NoOneKnows and 2 others
D

Daystavro

Experienced
Oct 15, 2018
I don't know.
There is a saying in my language which goes:
"it's the same lady but with a different dress", meaning something that looks different but ultimately it's the same.
That's how I view Buddhism, it's still a religion , just like the western religions.
They still worshipp Buddah as a god and so on.
I don't believe in any kind of spirituality or metaphysics.
like @Schopenhauer , I am also a materialist.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown, Rose and 3 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I certainly agree with the life is suffering part. They got that right.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Schopenhauer and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I would class Buddhism as more of a philosophy/way of life than a religion. There is no God head in Buddhism in the same way as the Abrahamic religions, who it seems are the protagonists in the major conflicts around the world.
I've also toyed with the idea many times of packing it all in and persuing the buddhist path in order to achieve peace of mind.
You could check out this guy here who did just that. http://packthailand.com/phra-julian-quit-rat-race-become-monk/

Reactions: Soul, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Discarded and 4 others
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Buddhism is cool. I unfortunately don't have the willpower to completely follow it but I totally respect it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Discarded, NoOneKnows and 4 others
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
Religion, like philosophy, is fascinating to me so that word would be the one that sums up my feelings towards Buddhism.

My only "problem" with it is that, like all other religions, it thinks it's the correct one. Like Bill Burr has said about pastors/priests//etc, "It's just some fucking guy."
These guys (Siddhartha Gautama, Jesus, etc) are extremely insightful, eloquent, and wise but I don't have sufficiently strong reason to believe one guy over the other.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Discarded, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
Nyom ho ren ge kuuuuu

Dads a Buddhist : D its my favorite religion too, so chill.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
I've always thought of Buddhism as a type of nihilism. Life is viewed as suffering and they don't participate in most of society (which I find admirable).

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles, wxtyubidi7y and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Buddhist concede that life = suffering yet still reproduce,

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Finallyhere, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
TheFool

TheFool

Oct 19, 2018
Buddhism is by far the best religion in my opinion. I see it as the closest thing to a science of subjectivity and spirituality. I meditate sometimes, but pretty infrequently. Though I did also go on a 10 day silent meditation retreat, which was pretty awesome. My family thinks it's some weird hippie shit.

I think if Buddhism caught on globally the world would be a much better place.

Reactions: NoOneKnows, AveryConure and Johnnythefox
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's one of the closest ways of existing in harmony with nature and each other. The problem is that it's not entirely practical when it comes to a growing world population, improving technology, and dealing with new, emerging problems that continually need solving.

Aside from that, I don't like any real belief system that has a name or any set of rigid guidelines. We all have a moral compass that tells us what's right and isn't. It's a fluid thing, and can change according to certain circumstances, but I try to live by it where possible.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nyiach des uti nesi deh ahy.
Nov 3, 2018
I have a high respect for Buddhism. It's a beautiful religion/philosophy or whatever you want to call it. I have a couple statues of the buddha in my house. I try to practice a couple of its teachings, but I'm not a Buddhist. As for beliefs, I worship the Greek Gods and Goddesses.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
It is a beautiful religion and peaceful way for an inividual to live but it's not compatible with modern society and economics. I feel that it's only possible to live this way outside of this system.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Johnnythefox
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I think Buddhism has kept me alive for the past 10 years. (not sure if this is a blessing or a curse). I guess the only reason i haven't killed myself yet is my constant dilemma between becoming a monk or committing suicide.

I wish i had discovered Buddhism in my youth, when i was still strong. Unfortunately monkhood requires quite a bit of physical resilience (due to an achilles injury i can't walk for long distances; i can't even walk everyday without experiencing pain)

But for those who think they have lost all hope, maybe Monkhood is the way to go.