Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
What works best for you to make things at least a bit less rough? Specific answers encouraged - maybe someone will be able to pick up a show or hobby they haven't thought or heard of before.
When able, I tend to gravitate toward learning new and random things by way of the internet, watching immersive drama-style movies (or good documentaries), playing an engaging video game (though such games are harder come by for me these days). Been rewatching the HP film series in honour of Robbie Coltrane's passing, and just got a book from the library called Rethinking Suicide. How about you?

Note that by distraction I mean from feeling pain, suicidal, or whatever else; if your answer is something like "nothing" or "thinking about death" - PLEASE don't bother posting! I see a lot of answers like this to threads not asking if, but what you can share. Just hoping to be productive as opposed to negative here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, heavyeyes, GrumpyFrog and 6 others
lessonlearned

lessonlearned

May 23, 2022
games and music though at this point im just using it to pass time till i ctb. it's been awhile since ive enjoyed both of those but it does distract me i guess

Reactions: heavyeyes and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Music and guitar.

Reactions: heavyeyes and ColorlessTrees
dtjb

dtjb

The Obsolete
Apr 27, 2022
Netflix recommends me a bunch of Korean shows, so I just watch whatever seems good. So far, my favorites have been Hellbound and Juvenile Justice (avoiding the obvious choices of Squid Game and All of Us Are Dead). Also started watching this Chinese show tonight called On Children and I liked the first episode.

I watch a lot of stuff on YouTube under what could probably be broadly termed disasters maybe? Stuff about shipwrecks, (cave) diving incidents, mountain climbing mishaps, structure collapses, etc. There are a lot of technical things in these videos outside of my sphere of knowledge and I find it fascinating how people respond to disaster. Some channels I like in that vein: Brick Immortar, Bright Sun Films, Scary Interesting, and Maritime Horrors.

Last, I'm also into true crime and scam stuff. I started reading a book called Ponzinomics and it's good so far.

I like documentaries a lot too, any you would recommend? I watched one earlier about the Jeremy Kyle show that was pretty good.

Reactions: heavyeyes, GrumpyFrog, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 1 other person
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
My most universal interest is probably music—albeit I prefer relatively niche genres, namely postpunk/New Wave 1978-1984 (this one is more of an era than genre, semantically), dreampop, and the jangle/C86/twee pop scene, most prominent in the mid-late 80s and early 90s. My favorite band is Magazine and my most recent obsession is the Chameleons—especially the album Strange Times (1986). I could describe it as dreamy gothic rock, but that'd be selling it short. If anyone's interested in song or album recs for these genres, I have plenty.

And for something more 'cringe', I love romance books and I've recently found my favorite subgenre to be monster romance. It's a better way to turn my brain off than scrolling social media, considering I dabble in writing and when a style or phrase stands out to me I can "absorb" it for inspiration later. I attempt fanfiction, never finish it, and expand on my favorite characters for fun.

I like words. I like to ruminate. I like dumb things. I'm usually numb to them. That's my interests in a nutshell.

What kinds of things do you like to learn? (assuming you mean topics or skills) Anything specific that's stood out to you?

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
Final Fantasy 9 (everytime
TRLE
FF6
Chrono Trigger

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dead Ghost, heavyeyes, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
Cool games. Do you like Dragon Quest?
never played dragon quest. I see its similar style to Chrono. Maybe I try it if I'm still around. I recently tried Octopath Traveler originally to study its HD-2D style, I liked it so.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Lately, I've been watching various video essays on YouTube. Mostly about film and social/political issues.

Reactions: Élégie, dtjb, Rocinante and 1 other person
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Talking to friends from here, joking around, playing table tennis, badminton or 'shooting hoops' on the days when I still can. When I can't sleep, I watch dramas, mostly on Netflix or BBC, I'm currently watching Inside Man with David Tenant.

Some other dramas that I've enjoyed:
The Serpent
Monzón: A Knockout Blow
Peaky Blinders
Girl From Nowhere
Mindhunter
Black (2017)
Dark
Sacred Games
You
When They See Us
Line of Duty
How To Get Away With Murder
The Missing
Delhi Crime
Perdida (Stolen Away)
Nowhere Man
Black Mirror
Happy Valley

I periodically watch documentaries too, a few that have stuck with me are:
City of Joy (2016)
Eve's Apple
Blackfish
Anything with Louis Theroux

I miss some of my old distractions like dancing, nights out, cycling and reading but I'm mostly too depressed/tired and can't concentrate well anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Eternally Dottie, Lost Magic and 5 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Consumable media. Gaming is good but it can be taxing for some so in that case I suggest finding shows and/or films that you can find catharsis fin. Either by familiarity or covering issues which you identify with or are engaged by. Its essential that whatever you choose needs to engage you. Kind of dependS on your tastes and circumstance.

Aside from the media I think its really important to have little islands in your day to look forwards to. Even if its just eating something nice. Having a nap. Communicating with someone if that's something that you benefit from. Rather than social media and checking your phone all day it's good to leave it alone for a couple of hours and only check it for a short specified/allotted period of time and then put it down. That way its not a day long drain on your psyche and it's something you engage with the same way you would engage with a person.

Keep a diary. It's sometimes hard to stick to doing it but it's worth doing. For me I do it when I take my meds so I record which meds I'm taking and alongside it, as I'm already writting I can just had a small highlight reel of what I'm experiencing and feeling that day. It becomes really useful if you need to refer to it later and it can help you identify patterns in hindsight. I tend to write it for me but also eith the thought in mind that somebody in the future may read it and as such I try to leave occasional bit of info about me that people wouldn't otherwise know. It's kind of a way of saying my piece without it being open to interpretation. Me in no uncertain terms. I hate the thought/fact that I'm misinterpreted by the world around me so doing this is really cathartic and means one day someone might actually know and see me for what I actually am.

Talking to friends from here, joking around, playing table tennis, badminton or 'shooting hoops' on the days when I still can. When I can't sleep, I watch dramas, mostly on Netflix or BBC, I'm currently watching Inside Man with David Tenant.

Some other dramas that I've enjoyed:
The Serpent
Monzón: A Knockout Blow
Peaky Blinders
Girl From Nowhere
Mindhunter
Black (2017)
Dark
Sacred Games
You
When They See Us
Line of Duty
How To Get Away With Murder
The Missing
Delhi Crime
Perdida (Stolen Away)
Nowhere Man
Black Mirror

I periodically watch documentaries too, a few that have stuck with me are:
City of Joy (2016)
Eve's Apple
Blackfish
Anything with Louis Theroux

I miss some of my old distractions like dancing, nights out, cycling and reading but I'm mostly too depressed/tired and can't concentrate well anymore.

Guessing you know Louis Theroux has a new series? Interviewing celebs which tbh isn't something I'm that interested by buy Louis has his way of making most things interesting so I'll be watching it.

Have you heard of Adam Curtis? He's made some amazing documentaries. Some are on the BBC. Possibly the most relevant documentaries (or even media in general) I've ever digested. Fully recommend.
Also to add to your series I'll add a couple that come to mind

Handmaid's Tale. (I put it off a long time but it's really good!)
Night Sky
The Patient
The Resort
Severence (man this is a good series!) If you like Black Mirror you will love this.
The Shrink Next Door
The Peripheral (wasn't sure about this one but so far it's pleasantly surprised me)
Squid Games

I know there's more but my memory is so bad. I had to do some web searching to remind me of (and find names for) most of these.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Eternally Dottie, Rocinante, heavyeyes and 2 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I like watching edutainment on YouTube, like Kurzgesagt or even Oversimplified. Sometimes I watch longer documentaries, a lot of them are indeed on bleak stuff like disasters and true crime.
I rarely find a TV show I can really get into, but sometimes it happens. I prefer the mostly-dead format of episodic mystery shows, be it Criminal Minds, or House M.D. I also really like good period dramas that are not about war (but also aren't just costume soap operas). When I find it hard to focus on a show, I tend to open a text document and watch every episode in 3-4 pieces, then write a recap of what happened. Of course, I need to really like the show itself, or it will become a frustrating task.
I like strategy games, be it Heroes of Might and Magic, Sim City or Frostpunk. I also really like sandbox-type games when you don't have a clear path to an objective and can just explore and experiment. But I don't have any good recommendations for the latter.
When I'm in a panic state, the dreaded TikTok helps. It's full of videos that are very mindless and mostly very peaceful - mine is all animal videos and people doing arts and crafts. It also helps me fall asleep.
An odd thing that I like to do for a distraction is making random tables and lists. I've been doing it for as long as I remember, even before I could write I would do stuff like classify my mothers huge collection of spare buttons by size and color. I collect information on random stuff, such as popularity of names across the decades or trends in popular music across the years, and compile it in big excel files, which must be the weirdest thing to do for fun, but I find it to be a really good distraction. I guess I really like order and dislike chaos.

Reactions: Rocinante, heavyeyes and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I like watching edutainment on YouTube, like Kurzgesagt or even Oversimplified. Sometimes I watch longer documentaries, a lot of them are indeed on bleak stuff like disasters and true crime.
I rarely find a TV show I can really get into, but sometimes it happens. I prefer the mostly-dead format of episodic mystery shows, be it Criminal Minds, or House M.D. I also really like good period dramas that are not about war (but also aren't just costume soap operas). When I find it hard to focus on a show, I tend to open a text document and watch every episode in 3-4 pieces, then write a recap of what happened. Of course, I need to really like the show itself, or it will become a frustrating task.
I like strategy games, be it Heroes of Might and Magic, Sim City or Frostpunk. I also really like sandbox-type games when you don't have a clear path to an objective and can just explore and experiment. But I don't have any good recommendations for the latter.
When I'm in a panic state, the dreaded TikTok helps. It's full of videos that are very mindless and mostly very peaceful - mine is all animal videos and people doing arts and crafts. It also helps me fall asleep.
An odd thing that I like to do for a distraction is making random tables and lists. I've been doing it for as long as I remember, even before I could write I would do stuff like classify my mothers huge collection of spare buttons by size and color. I collect information on random stuff, such as popularity of names across the decades or trends in popular music across the years, and compile it in big excel files, which must be the weirdest thing to do for fun, but I find it to be a really good distraction. I guess I really like order and dislike chaos.
Shadow of the Colossus is a great game with a kind of sandbox thing going on. There's not a lot you can do but it's not always obvious what you should do. You kind of have to work it out for yourself. It's such a beautiful game too. Highly recommend it!

Also more recently, a game that got really bad press/reviews but is actually an amazing piece of work is Cyberpunk 2077. Easily up there with the Fallout games. Better in many ways. The bethesda games always ship with a crap load of bugs so I'm not sure why Cyberpunk took such flak but it's easily earned a permanent place in my library.

There's some great shows coming out under the "true crime" sub genre these days. A couple are in the list in my previous post. I think you'd enjoy them based on what you said here. If you want an easy free source for viewing them feel free to send me a message. I can give you a streaming link. : )

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, heavyeyes and GrumpyFrog
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
What works best for you to make things at least a bit less rough? Specific answers encouraged - maybe someone will be able to pick up a show or hobby they haven't thought or heard of before.
When able, I tend to gravitate toward learning new and random things by way of the internet, watching immersive drama-style movies (or good documentaries), playing an engaging video game (though such games are harder come by for me these days). Been rewatching the HP film series in honour of Robbie Coltrane's passing, and just got a book from the library called Rethinking Suicide. How about you?

Note that by distraction I mean from feeling pain, suicidal, or whatever else; if your answer is something like "nothing" or "thinking about death" - PLEASE don't bother posting! I see a lot of answers like this to threads not asking if, but what you can share. Just hoping to be productive as opposed to negative here.
I chew up some THC gummies and get stoned enough that on my days off, that I can cope for another week. That is my ONLY relief. If I had my way THC gummies would be legal and free to all adults around the world. I guess we must seek pain relief wherever and however we can find it. Love to all.

Reactions: Rocinante and heavyeyes
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Guessing you know Louis Theroux has a new series? Interviewing celebs which tbh isn't something I'm that interested by buy Louis has his way of making most things interesting so I'll be watching it.

Have you heard of Adam Curtis? He's made some amazing documentaries. Some are on the BBC. Possibly the most relevant documentaries (or even media in general) I've ever digested. Fully recommend.
Also to add to your series I'll add a couple that come to mind

Handmaid's Tale. (I put it off a long time but it's really good!)
Night Sky
The Patient
The Resort
Severence (man this is a good series!) If you like Black Mirror you will love this.
The Shrink Next Door
The Peripheral (wasn't sure about this one but so far it's pleasantly surprised me)
Squid Games

I know there's more but my memory is so bad. I had to do some web searching to remind me of (and find names for) most of these.
Is it the one where he interviews Stormzy? I don't follow celeb culture either but I'll probably give it a go out of curiosity just because it's Louis. Have you watched Forbidden America?

No, I haven't heard of Adam Curtis but I might check him out, although after doing a quick search I feel like his documentaries will give me even more existential dread lol.

Yeah, I had put off Handmaid's Tale too for quite a while, I enjoyed it but I haven't finished it yet, I think I stopped watching after season 3.

Thanks for the recommendations, The Patient and Severance sound like shows I'd watch because I've always liked psychological thrillers.

Squid Game was👌but I didn't post it because I figured most people have already watched it. I started watching korean dramas before they were in trend (mostly crime not rom-coms), my first one was Black and it's still one of my all-time favourites because it's a good mix of comedy, crime, fantasy, and serious political/social commentary. There are a lot of plot twists (maybe too many) but it keeps you guessing until the end. Signal is another really good korean drama I'd recommend.

Same here, my memory's really bad too so I had to check my netflix viewing history. Aside from Black Mirror have you seen any other shows from my list?

Reactions: Rocinante, Smart No More and heavyeyes
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I updated my drawing software because I wanted to draw again. The Painter 2023.
Then yesterday I installed several games on the PS4 and tried the Final Fantasy 7 Remake (I was disappointed because I thought it would be in turns). The console broke, the reader doesn't work and keeps making high-pitched alarm noises every now and then.

In any case, what I am, is hooked on Disney+ and I can't finish it. You have everything, but clearly, I only connect to it for an hour every day and I'm always half-watching everything.
It lacks Japanese anime series and movies.

//

Vaig actualitzar el meu programari de dibuix perquè volía tornar a dibuixar. El Painter 2023.
Després ahír vaig instal·lar diversos jocs per la PS4 i vaig provar el Final Fantasy 7 Remake (em va decepcionar perque pensaba que sería per torns). La consola es va trencar, no li va el lector i no para de fer sorolls aguts d'alarma de quant en quant.

En tot cas, el que si que estic, es enganxat al Disney+ i no me l'acabo pas. Te de tot, però esclar, només m'hi conecto una hora cada día i sempre estic veient tot a mitges.
Li falten series i películes d'animació japoneses.

Reactions: Smart No More and Rocinante
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Is it the one where he interviews Stormzy? I don't follow celeb culture either but I'll probably give it a go out of curiosity just because it's Louis. Have you watched Forbidden America?

No, I haven't heard of Adam Curtis but I might check him out, although after doing a quick search I feel like his documentaries will give me even more existential dread lol.

Yeah, I had put off Handmaid's Tale too for quite a while, I enjoyed it but I haven't finished it yet, I think I stopped watching after season 3.

Thanks for the recommendations, The Patient and Severance sound like shows I'd watch because I've always liked psychological thrillers.

Squid Game was👌but I didn't post it because I figured most people have already watched it. I started watching korean dramas before they were in trend (mostly crime not rom-coms), my first one was Black and it's still one of my all-time favourites because it's a good mix of comedy, crime, fantasy, and serious political/social commentary. There are a lot of plot twists (maybe too many) but it keeps you guessing until the end. Signal is another really good korean drama I'd recommend.

Same here, my memory's really bad too so I had to check my netflix viewing history. Aside from Black Mirror have you seen any other shows from my list?

It is the one with Stormzy yes but it's a series of varied celebrity interviews. Much like you I'll be watching for Theroux rather than the celebs.

Adam Curtis documentaries are like none I've ever seen. They kind of like stream of thought music videos that just feed your brain. Aha. Best way I can explain it. There's a varied subject matter through his body of work but Hypernormalisation is probably the most well known one. It can be found on iplayer I think. I have all his stuff on a hard drive. It's like must know stuff, I feel.

Handmades Tale is actually still going lol. There's a new season running right now. It's heavy going to watch sometimes. I think I took a break around the same place as you.

Severance is a crazy one. It's just not what you expect. Really good though. I'm so glad I watched it.

Have to say, regarding the series called Night Sky... if it takes a leap of faith to start viewing it's worth it. It's got a really interesting plot but to explain it would be a spoiler so you just have to give it a shot. On the surface it looks like something it isn't and I think it puts people off.

I did think squid game was a bit of a "durrr" suggestion but figured things are only obvious to people they obvious to. If that makes sense.

I've seen around half your suggestions. Some I liked. I'm going to check all the others out. Thank you.

I saw Signal, that was good. Did you watch Parasite? They made two versions. One is in black and white.

Battle Royal is a little gem from the past. Not sure it's Korean. Japanese I think. Good though. Maybe a bit dated now though. Been meaning to revisit it and see how well it's stood the test of time.

I don't think I've seen Black so that's probably one of the first on my list to check out.

People who watch things because its "trendy" are idiots to themselves btw. Mainly because they're letting others choose what they like which is a paradox in itself.
I updated my drawing software because I wanted to draw again. The Painter 2023.
Then yesterday I installed several games on the PS4 and tried the Final Fantasy 7 Remake (I was disappointed because I thought it would be in turns). The console broke, the reader doesn't work and keeps making high-pitched alarm noises every now and then.

In any case, what I am, is hooked on Disney+ and I can't finish it. You have everything, but clearly, I only connect to it for an hour every day and I'm always half-watching everything.
It lacks Japanese anime series and movies.

//

Vaig actualitzar el meu programari de dibuix perquè volía tornar a dibuixar. El Painter 2023.
Després ahír vaig instal·lar diversos jocs per la PS4 i vaig provar el Final Fantasy 7 Remake (em va decepcionar perque pensaba que sería per torns). La consola es va trencar, no li va el lector i no para de fer sorolls aguts d'alarma de quant en quant.

En tot cas, el que si que estic, es enganxat al Disney+ i no me l'acabo pas. Te de tot, però esclar, només m'hi conecto una hora cada día i sempre estic veient tot a mitges.
Li falten series i películes d'animació japoneses.
Have you looked at Paintstorm Studio? It's a pretty impressive program with some really nice brush dynamics and paint effects. Very customisable too. It has a nice clour mixer which acts like real paint so the colours mix correctly unlike a lot of colour wheels/palletes in programs. I think I paid like 20 for a lifetime licence. Not sure what they're charging now but it's well maintained and updated.

I've never used Painter or Clipstudio. I know they're popular. Especially for people that like to draw manga style art. I use photoshop for years but didn't renew my subscription a year ago. Always hoped to get back to it but haven't been able to do much in the way of artwork since getting sick a couple years back.

On thw Disney front, I've enjoyed some of the new Star Wars spin off series. Much better than the films anyway. Less said about those thw better lol. Did you watch Moon Knight? I enjoyed that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Have you looked at Paintstorm Studio? It's a pretty impressive program with some really nice brush dynamics and paint effects. Very customisable too. It has a nice clour mixer which acts like real paint so the colours mix correctly unlike a lot of colour wheels/palletes in programs. I think I paid like 20 for a lifetime licence. Not sure what they're charging now but it's well maintained and updated.
I'll bookmark it and give it a little gossip. Although for now I don't want to make any more expenses. But I am very grateful to you for letting me know him.
//
Me l'apunto i el xafardejaré una mica. Tot i que per ara no vull fer mes despeses. Pero t'estic molt agraït per donar-me'l a conéixer.

I've never used Painter or Clipstudio. I know they're popular. Especially for people that like to draw manga style art. I use photoshop for years but didn't renew my subscription a year ago. Always hoped to get back to it but haven't been able to do much in the way of artwork since getting sick a couple years back.
I didn't renew Photoshop either, it's a very powerful program (with excellent memory management that makes fun of very large files) but for some tasks I find it difficult to use.
I got into Corel Painter because it was included with my first tablet, the Wacom Graphire, which was the Metacreations Painter Classic back then. Then I bought Painter 8, then Painter 2016 and this month Painter 2023. What's good about it is the huge number of brushes and the realistic treatment of brushstrokes on the type of paper you choose, as well as the color mixing... in this new version you have GPU acceleration and it is quite noticeable. I will continue to do tests because in the last two previous versions my files were corrupted (on three different computers, on three different operating systems, with three different graphics). Let's see how it goes now.

One of the programs I like the most because of its simplicity is SketchBook Pro... when it was still from Autodesk they released the latest version and made it free for everyone. Now it is carried by another company and it is paid again. The free version had quite a few bugs that crashed the program.
I'm really bothered by mistakes because it's what keeps me from taking too many risks when drawing on the computer.
With Win 3.1's Paintbrush or Deluxe Paint it never happened to me and I really enjoyed using those programs, they were very good and easy to use.

//

Jo tampoc vaig renovar Photoshop, es un programa molt potent (amb una magnífica gestió de la memòria que fa virgueries amb fitxers molt grans) pero que per algunes tasques em costa fer de servir.
El Corel Painter m'hi vaig aficionar perquè l'incloia la meva primera tauleta, la Wacom Graphire, era el Metacreations Painter Classic aleshores. Després Vaig comprar-me el Painter 8, a continuació el Painter 2016 i aquest mes el Painter 2023. El que te de bò es la quantitat enorme de pinzells i el tractament realista de la pinzellada sobre el tipus de paper que escolleixis, així com la barreja de colors... en aquesta nova versió te acceleració GPU i es nota bastant. Seguiré fent proves perquè en la últimes dues versions anteriors se'm corrompien els arxius (en tres ordinadors diferents, en tres sistemes operatius diferents, amb tres gràfiques diferents). A veure com va ara.

Un dels programes que mes m'agrada per la seva sencillesa és l'SketchBook Pro... quan encara era d'Autodesk van alliberar l'última versió i la van fer gratuïta per tothom. Ara el porta una altra empresa i torna a ser de pagament. La versió gratuïta tenía força errors que penjaven el programa.
Em molesten molt els errors perquè és el que fa que no m'arrisqui gaire a l'hora de dibuixar a l'ordinador.
Amb el Paintbrush del Win 3.1 o el Deluxe Paint mai em va passar i m'hi vaig engrescar molt en l'us d'aquells programes, eren molt bons i fàcils de fer servir.

On thw Disney front, I've enjoyed some of the new Star Wars spin off series. Much better than the films anyway. Less said about those thw better lol. Did you watch Moon Knight? I enjoyed that.
I really enjoyed The Mandalorian, not at first. But the episodes that close each of the two seasons are of a very high level, pure STAR WARS. Waiting for the third season.

When it came to MoonKnight I was completely hooked, although I find it to be too violent for my taste. But the plot is well worked and the protagonist enjoys my empathy due to his personal problems (a bit like the Joker movie) and how these intertwine with the different events that narrate the whole thing. Waiting for the second season.

Soon they will release the Willow series, which I am very interested in. And I've also read that Disney has kept the rights to Dr.Who (and that's to subscribe to the platform in cliques eyes).

//

He gaudit molt The Mandalorian, no al principi. Però es que els episodis que tanquen cadascuna de les dues temporades son d'un nivell molt alt, es pur STAR WARS. Esperant la tercera temporada.

En quan a MoonKnight m'hi vaig enganxar de ple, tot i que trobo que te un excés de violéncia pel meu gust. Pero la trama es ben treballada i el protagonista gaudeix de la meva empatía degut als seus problemes personals (una mica com la película del Joker) i com aquests s'entrellacen amb els diferents esdeveniments que narren tot plegat. Esperant la segona temporada.

Dintre de poc estrenaràn la série de Willow, la qual m'interesa força. I també he llegit que Disney s'ha quedat amb els drets de Dr.Who (i això si que és per subscribir-se a la plataforma a ulls clucs).

• Love
Reactions: Smart No More
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I chew up some THC gummies and get stoned enough that on my days off, that I can cope for another week. That is my ONLY relief. If I had my way THC gummies would be legal and free to all adults around the world. I guess we must seek pain relief wherever and however we can find it. Love to all.
may i ask if you know how much THC you had?
i had 3 10mg (30mg all together) last night and it did nothing. i think i had 50mg another time (i cant remember for sure) and that didnt do anything either. (also in case you dont know i smoke up often. typically having 3-5 joints a day. and ive been smoking up every day for a few years)

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
GGe
may i ask if you know how much THC you had?
i had 3 10mg (30mg all together) last night and it did nothing. i think i had 50mg another time (i cant remember for sure) and that didnt do anything either. (also in case you dont know i smoke up often. typically having 3-5 joints a day. and ive been smoking up every day for a few year

You have to get,"broad spectrum", gummies.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
It is the one with Stormzy yes but it's a series of varied celebrity interviews. Much like you I'll be watching for Theroux rather than the celebs.

Adam Curtis documentaries are like none I've ever seen. They kind of like stream of thought music videos that just feed your brain. Aha. Best way I can explain it. There's a varied subject matter through his body of work but Hypernormalisation is probably the most well known one. It can be found on iplayer I think. I have all his stuff on a hard drive. It's like must know stuff, I feel.

Handmades Tale is actually still going lol. There's a new season running right now. It's heavy going to watch sometimes. I think I took a break around the same place as you.

Severance is a crazy one. It's just not what you expect. Really good though. I'm so glad I watched it.

Have to say, regarding the series called Night Sky... if it takes a leap of faith to start viewing it's worth it. It's got a really interesting plot but to explain it would be a spoiler so you just have to give it a shot. On the surface it looks like something it isn't and I think it puts people off.

I did think squid game was a bit of a "durrr" suggestion but figured things are only obvious to people they obvious to. If that makes sense.

I've seen around half your suggestions. Some I liked. I'm going to check all the others out. Thank you.

I saw Signal, that was good. Did you watch Parasite? They made two versions. One is in black and white.

Battle Royal is a little gem from the past. Not sure it's Korean. Japanese I think. Good though. Maybe a bit dated now though. Been meaning to revisit it and see how well it's stood the test of time.

I don't think I've seen Black so that's probably one of the first on my list to check out.

People who watch things because its "trendy" are idiots to themselves btw. Mainly because they're letting others choose what they like which is a paradox in itself.
Yeah his documentaries look like a trippy MV, I'll try Hypernormalisation. Ngl Night Sky isn't something I'd normally go for but I think we have similar taste so I'll check that out too. Tbf it's possible some people might not have even heard of Squidgame so it's worth mentioning. Feel free to let me know what you think of some of the others if you watch them.

Yeah I enjoyed Parasite, but I didn't know there was a black and white version, the first movie of Bong Joon-Ho's that I watched was Snowpiercer back when it came out, have you seen it? If you like his movies I've heard Memories of Murder is also worth a watch, it's loosely based on S.Korea's first serial killings and it's on Channel 4 rn for a week. Battle Royale looks like a Japanese version of Lord of The Flies and The Hunger Games so it'd be interesting to see how they compare.

Agreed, and it means they're missing out on good stuff.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Right now I distract myself with tv shows (for example, modern family, how I met your mother, the bing bang theory, friends, etc), spending quality time with my cat and talking to my grandmother on the phone.

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Woah, lots of activity and sharing already, very cool.

I like documentaries a lot too, any you would recommend? I watched one earlier about the Jeremy Kyle show that was pretty good.
Manufactured Landscapes is amazing & depressing, but is more like a visual art piece that moves than a "movie". I really loved Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage back in the day but haven't seen it in a decade. On the flipside I enjoyed Searching for Sugar Man somewhat recently after being on my watchlist for nearly a decade. PBS put out a 2 part series online about the first year of covid following different people around the globe that was amazing.

What kinds of things do you like to learn? (assuming you mean topics or skills) Anything specific that's stood out to you?
I used to regularly go down Wiki rabbit holes and loved it, but I don't really anymore. Just expanding my sphere of knowledge about probably useless stuff. My most recent thing was mixology; I'd had a curiosity about it for years and one day just decided to learn how and try. Bought lots of ingredients, some tools and glassware, found aneat site that shows what you can make with what you have and save a "to-try" list; it was a lot of fun and kinda gamified the whole thing. I would often stay up late totally enthralled reading about shit, and eventually photographes and shared creations online...then I got to the end of my list of things to make, and it basically all died. Without the learning part, novelty and experimentation, no one else to make drinks with or share, and high price of alcohol here, it was a pricey and fairly long lasting but decidedly unsustainable endeavour.

Final Fantasy 9 (everytime
TRLE
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Dude FF9 is the GOAT. Except random battles, I cannot fucking tolerate them anymore, especially since it's like a full damn minute of transition for them in that game! Maybe I ought to give CT another run...if only I had a controller...

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
If you liked Searching for Sugar Man yoy must watch Resurrect the Dead, the Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles. That had me gripped!
I'll bookmark it and give it a little gossip. Although for now I don't want to make any more expenses. But I am very grateful to you for letting me know him.
//
Me l'apunto i el xafardejaré una mica. Tot i que per ara no vull fer mes despeses. Pero t'estic molt agraït per donar-me'l a conéixer.

I didn't renew Photoshop either, it's a very powerful program (with excellent memory management that makes fun of very large files) but for some tasks I find it difficult to use.
I got into Corel Painter because it was included with my first tablet, the Wacom Graphire, which was the Metacreations Painter Classic back then. Then I bought Painter 8, then Painter 2016 and this month Painter 2023. What's good about it is the huge number of brushes and the realistic treatment of brushstrokes on the type of paper you choose, as well as the color mixing... in this new version you have GPU acceleration and it is quite noticeable. I will continue to do tests because in the last two previous versions my files were corrupted (on three different computers, on three different operating systems, with three different graphics). Let's see how it goes now.

One of the programs I like the most because of its simplicity is SketchBook Pro... when it was still from Autodesk they released the latest version and made it free for everyone. Now it is carried by another company and it is paid again. The free version had quite a few bugs that crashed the program.
I'm really bothered by mistakes because it's what keeps me from taking too many risks when drawing on the computer.
With Win 3.1's Paintbrush or Deluxe Paint it never happened to me and I really enjoyed using those programs, they were very good and easy to use.

//

Jo tampoc vaig renovar Photoshop, es un programa molt potent (amb una magnífica gestió de la memòria que fa virgueries amb fitxers molt grans) pero que per algunes tasques em costa fer de servir.
El Corel Painter m'hi vaig aficionar perquè l'incloia la meva primera tauleta, la Wacom Graphire, era el Metacreations Painter Classic aleshores. Després Vaig comprar-me el Painter 8, a continuació el Painter 2016 i aquest mes el Painter 2023. El que te de bò es la quantitat enorme de pinzells i el tractament realista de la pinzellada sobre el tipus de paper que escolleixis, així com la barreja de colors... en aquesta nova versió te acceleració GPU i es nota bastant. Seguiré fent proves perquè en la últimes dues versions anteriors se'm corrompien els arxius (en tres ordinadors diferents, en tres sistemes operatius diferents, amb tres gràfiques diferents). A veure com va ara.

Un dels programes que mes m'agrada per la seva sencillesa és l'SketchBook Pro... quan encara era d'Autodesk van alliberar l'última versió i la van fer gratuïta per tothom. Ara el porta una altra empresa i torna a ser de pagament. La versió gratuïta tenía força errors que penjaven el programa.
Em molesten molt els errors perquè és el que fa que no m'arrisqui gaire a l'hora de dibuixar a l'ordinador.
Amb el Paintbrush del Win 3.1 o el Deluxe Paint mai em va passar i m'hi vaig engrescar molt en l'us d'aquells programes, eren molt bons i fàcils de fer servir.

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian, not at first. But the episodes that close each of the two seasons are of a very high level, pure STAR WARS. Waiting for the third season.

When it came to MoonKnight I was completely hooked, although I find it to be too violent for my taste. But the plot is well worked and the protagonist enjoys my empathy due to his personal problems (a bit like the Joker movie) and how these intertwine with the different events that narrate the whole thing. Waiting for the second season.

Soon they will release the Willow series, which I am very interested in. And I've also read that Disney has kept the rights to Dr.Who (and that's to subscribe to the platform in cliques eyes).

//

He gaudit molt The Mandalorian, no al principi. Però es que els episodis que tanquen cadascuna de les dues temporades son d'un nivell molt alt, es pur STAR WARS. Esperant la tercera temporada.

En quan a MoonKnight m'hi vaig enganxar de ple, tot i que trobo que te un excés de violéncia pel meu gust. Pero la trama es ben treballada i el protagonista gaudeix de la meva empatía degut als seus problemes personals (una mica com la película del Joker) i com aquests s'entrellacen amb els diferents esdeveniments que narren tot plegat. Esperant la segona temporada.

Dintre de poc estrenaràn la série de Willow, la qual m'interesa força. I també he llegit que Disney s'ha quedat amb els drets de Dr.Who (i això si que és per subscribir-se a la plataforma a ulls clucs).
Yes, Sketchbook was so user friendly and had good brush dynamics I thought. I didn't know they'd gone paid again. How frustrating. I have a wacom tablet too. A few actually and tried a few of their bundled applications. Some were really decent but only had limited scope so they were more like tech/engine demos. Always found myself drifting back to fully formed applications. Know what you mean about photoshop though. Bit over complicated at times but definitely a great application. Painstorm studio is well worth a look. I think they give you a timed free trial. I've used tons over the years and a couple stick out but I'm really struggling to being names to mind. I'll update as and when I remember. Many are free.

I too am interested to see what they do with Willow.
Yeah his documentaries look like a trippy MV, I'll try Hypernormalisation. Ngl Night Sky isn't something I'd normally go for but I think we have similar taste so I'll check that out too. Tbf it's possible some people might not have even heard of Squidgame so it's worth mentioning. Feel free to let me know what you think of some of the others if you watch them.

Yeah I enjoyed Parasite, but I didn't know there was a black and white version, the first movie of Bong Joon-Ho's that I watched was Snowpiercer back when it came out, have you seen it? If you like his movies I've heard Memories of Murder is also worth a watch, it's loosely based on S.Korea's first serial killings and it's on Channel 4 rn for a week. Battle Royale looks like a Japanese version of Lord of The Flies and The Hunger Games so it'd be interesting to see how they compare.

Agreed, and it means they're missing out on good stuff.
Night Sky definitely requires a leap of faith but I feel its possibly a hidden gem. It's not perfect but I tend to have gripes with most things. It has a good story at it's core though.

Battle Royal probably did spawn the franchises you mentioned but it's like the gritty version of all of those. No holds bared. Kids taken from a school, thrown on an island to fight it out to the death. It gets brutal. Definitely more Lord of the Flies than anything else I think but with itiown identity and right too. There were sequels. None as good as the first of course but I think the second one was okay enough.

I did see Snowpiercer. I liked it. Tried the series but lost interest after a couple of episodes.

I'll let you know how I get on with some of your suggestions. Think Black will be my first port of call as I don't think I've see it.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and Dead Ghost
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
If you liked Searching for Sugar Man yoy must watch Resurrect the Dead, the Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles. That had me gripped!
Never heard of that one. It wasn't so much the "mystery" aspect of sugarman I liked, more the filmmaking and human connection story. Do you still think it'd be up my alley?

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Never heard of that one. It wasn't so much the "mystery" aspect of sugarman I liked, more the filmmaking and human connection story. Do you still think it'd be up my alley?
I think so, yes. It's different but it definitely has a human element to it. Particularly as things become uncovered and you get a glimse into the person/persons involved. And there's the personal journey of the film maker himself who's really personally invested in the story..

You can find it free on Vimeo I think. Resolution isn't great. It's relatively old. So worth watching though. It really sucked me in. Though I will admit, for me it was at least partially the mystery. I find it hard to imagine anyone not being pulled in by that once they started watching though. It delivers. The mystery is really a result of the human elements of it.