• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
i was thrown a bit of a curveball recently. i haven't wished i were dead for like, two whole days now. pretty sweet i guess? i mean, i'm sure i'll be back to it soon, but until then i'll enjoy it. i actually smiled yesterday- but the thing is it wasn't of laughter, i smiled because some way, somehow i felt joy. i'm not on any meds currently so i have no clue how that happened. i'm sure life is just picking me up so it can push me right back down though. so, enough of that, here's my question: do you ever think about your future? do you ever make plans? personally, i don't, at least not often at all. i just sort of drag myself through the day and i accept whatever happens.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove and 13 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Glad you've felt better even if it's just for a few days.

I have plans for the future so if I don't ctb I don't find myself stuck not knowing what to do with my life. It's also good for me to be able to tell people I have plans so they don't get suspicious or give me grief for not having any.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, JohnUK and 9 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
i was thrown a bit of a curveball recently. i haven't wished i were dead for like, two whole days now. pretty sweet i guess? i mean, i'm sure i'll be back to it soon, but until then i'll enjoy it. i actually smiled yesterday- but the thing is it wasn't of laughter, i smiled because some way, somehow i felt joy. i'm not on any meds currently so i have no clue how that happened. i'm sure life is just picking me up so it can push me right back down though. so, enough of that, here's my question: do you ever think about your future? do you ever make plans? personally, i don't, at least not often at all. i just sort of drag myself through the day and i accept whatever happens.
:D this is all good! Don't think about it too much ❤️ you're feeling a lil better

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, StillWaiting and 5 others
DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019

If you make a list of your goals your future can act like a magnet.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, lemmeeleev and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I suppose I've always felt powerless to determine my own future given all my issues. When you're at the mercy of things like mental illness the mere act of surviving is difficult.

My life has been going massively downhill for years. No job, no education, new and scary health problems. I can't seem to force anything good to happen. Whatever I try is sort of naively entrepreneurial in nature so the chance of success is always pretty slim. I would like to just have something basic to look forward to, like a vacation for instance. I haven't been anywhere for 5 years now.

I feel pretty godawful physically and mentally every day. About the only time I don't feel like feeding myself through a wood chipper is when I'm laying in bed with a pizza watching Netflix. I hate how small my world has become but feel totally unable to change it.

I guess I'll just sort of flow with the tide like I usually do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Edward, ForestLove, Beyondajoke and 10 others
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I don't have a future, it's better that way. Disability benefits will have to be enough if my parents die. Until then I am with my computer all day long.

Reactions: Beyondajoke, lemmeeleev, StillWaiting and 1 other person
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
To be honest, nothing to me feels real anymore.
Everything just seems like a dream to me.
I cant plan for my future because I cant seems to see what will happen tomorrow (Not sure if it make sense)

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, Beyondajoke and 6 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I am still working on my future. I'm currently in the application process for studying psychology at a couple of universities. I don't want to give up since I still want to have a future if I fail suicide and decide to give life another try.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, goxua and 6 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I am still working on my future. I'm currently in the application process for studying psychology at a couple of universities. I don't want to give up since I still want to have a future if I fail suicide and decide to give life another try.
I think psych is a dope major

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, lemmeeleev, TheCrow and 3 others
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
Idk :(
People always ask me what I wanna do.. I just make something up cause plan to ctb

Reactions: ForestLove, JohnUK, Mylifeispointless and 4 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I continued to push towards activities and learning despite everything else. I don't think I'm ever going to make it materially (the idea of owning a house doesn't even exist in my mind), but I've built a solid base in understanding the world around me, and I've participated in activities pertaining to that, both to a fairly high level by other people's standards. In my late teens that was a decision I made and was one of the few I followed through on. It was a day by day thing.

Reactions: ForestLove, goxua, faex42 and 4 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I suppose I've always felt powerless to determine my own future given all my issues. When you're at the mercy of things like mental illness the mere act of surviving is difficult.

My life has been going massively downhill for years. No job, no education, new and scary health problems. I can't seem to force anything good to happen. Whatever I try is sort of naively entrepreneurial in nature so the chance of success is always pretty slim. I would like to just have something basic to look forward to, like a vacation for instance. I haven't been anywhere for 5 years now.

I feel pretty godawful physically and mentally every day. About the only time I don't feel like feeding myself through a wood chipper is when I'm laying in bed with a pizza watching Netflix. I hate how small my world has become but feel totally unable to change it.

I guess I'll just sort of flow with the tide like I usually do.

I can totally relate to this. My world has become pratically microscopic.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, lemmeeleev and 4 others
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Always have plans. All depend on specific variants. my life always was a web of possibilities and taking the shots. 90% of all variants make me wanna kill myself. in 20% of these 90% i will do it.
The other 9% i will leave and forget the person that drives me to this all the time, meet someone new and start over.
0.9999999999% will stick to that person and waste my life.
0.0000000001% our relationship can be fixed and can go on.
0.0000000000% will kill myself before my crazy to-do list.

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Redt2go
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I hope it lasts.

As for me, yes, sometimes I ponder the future or what it could be. I'm just so damn fucked up and sad, it seems like it's all unattainable or not worth it.

I have a "plan" in theory but it entails a lot of effort to obtain and will not be without challenges unfortunately.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, ForestLove, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
My what?I dont have a future.:))

Reactions: ForestLove, JohnUK, Grey-zone and 4 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I look forward to ctb, but I don't have any viable way to have future that I'm aware of. I don't even have a present because I'm already dead on so many levels. I feel like I'm on life support in a way.

Reactions: ForestLove, goxua, Dead Meat and 5 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I go through phases of envisioning a future. When I'm 'well' I consider moving up the ranks with my job and moving out.

Currently my job is shit to the point where I want to go off on sick leave (having not even worked here three months yet) and everything feels bleak. Death would be most welcome. I'm just living in the moment right now because I can't bring myself to think of anything else.

Reactions: ForestLove, lemmeeleev, Final Escape and 1 other person
Beyondajoke

Beyondajoke

Jul 18, 2018
I don't know what on earth my future holds seeing as I've found a new way of disabling myself and can't even work, study or do much of anything. I just spoke to my father who's still working aged 75 in order to provide monetarily for the family (we are a bit weird in this way) and he reassured me that I don't have to worry about it but I still feel absolutely stuffed and of course like a burden.
This is a family that gave me every opportunity and support but still I'm an absolute disaster.

The whole above paragraph sounds like lunacy but I'm going to post it anyway :ohhhh:

Reactions: ForestLove, goxua, Grey-zone and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I don't know what on earth my future holds seeing as I've found a new way of disabling myself and can't even work, study or do much of anything. I just spoke to my father who's still working aged 75 in order to provide monetarily for the family (we are a bit weird in this way) and he reassured me that I don't have to worry about it but I still feel absolutely stuffed and of course like a burden.
This is a family that gave me every opportunity and support but still I'm an absolute disaster.

The whole above paragraph sounds like lunacy but I'm going to post it anyway :ohhhh:
It's not weird these days. People used to be able to retire when they could accurately plan for it but we no longer live in a free market economy where you have sound money, no inflation, no gov meddling in the economy, ever rising cost of living. Next they want to phase out cash and the government will then be allowed to shut off your card or chip if u failed to comply with something. You will be basically a total slave. We have been like more free range serfs until now but they want to end the freedoms we've had, no car, living tightly with other people. I'm truly scared what our gov has in store, I want to be dead before it's full tyranny and concentration camps again when too many people are homeless and they have to hide it somehow. Totalitarianism is not goin to be a fun situation. I know I sound a bit paranoid but it's happened before. When the government grows too powerful, they will start exterminating people they don't like or who oppose this shit.

Reactions: mattwitt and Redt2go
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I can relate, sometimes I can even understand what the numbers after "best before" on groceries mean.

Reactions: Redt2go
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
on my bad days (pretty much all of them) I feel like I have no future. Then at times I have glimmers of hope and supportive words from SS members make me determined to beat this depression but I have no idea what that future will look like.

Reactions: ForestLove and Redt2go
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have no future. Being abused and raped has destroyed me. I am no longer a human being. All i do is lay in bed and barely move because im also in pain. I have nothing left I lost everything there is not quality of life for me...ctb is inevitable for me

Reactions: ForestLove, SeekingSolace and Redt2go
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Have lived with my parents my entire life, 28 year old male, only child, "homeschooled" reject (although I did college), with minimal job experience. I was never raised to function in this society, and neither do I wish to--although I wished that I did, but wishing doesn't make it so. Even with the improvements I've made behaviorally and psychologically over the past 2 years of my life, I've come to realize that it is "too little, too late", and I am no closer to functioning as an independent, confident adult in the US of A. I hope to save enough money over the next year or two, and see some of the world before departing, and maybe lose some of my fear before doing it.

Reactions: Othermind and Redt2go
ab_

ab_

"I'd feel trapped if I couldn't CTB at any time."
Feb 15, 2019
Probably locked up in a psych ward or spending the rest of my life bouncing in and out of one every year.

It's my greatest fear because once it happens, you become accustomed to it and eventually accept and be content with it.

Reactions: Redt2go
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Hero falls timeline: I CTB

Hero wins timeline: I fall later and ctb

Reactions: Othermind and Redt2go
Wallflower

Wallflower

Feb 10, 2019
i have a whole future planned out, but i doubt i'll get there.

Mark Edward

Mark Edward

Jan 19, 2019
It's not weird these days. People used to be able to retire when they could accurately plan for it but we no longer live in a free market economy where you have sound money, no inflation, no gov meddling in the economy, ever rising cost of living. Next they want to phase out cash and the government will then be allowed to shut off your card or chip if u failed to comply with something. You will be basically a total slave. We have been like more free range serfs until now but they want to end the freedoms we've had, no car, living tightly with other people. I'm truly scared what our gov has in store, I want to be dead before it's full tyranny and concentration camps again when too many people are homeless and they have to hide it somehow. Totalitarianism is not goin to be a fun situation. I know I sound a bit paranoid but it's happened before. When the government grows too powerful, they will start exterminating people they don't like or who oppose this shit.
That's a pretty dystopian, scary view, but for some reason I like it.

Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
Glad you're feeling better OP.
As for me I'm still pursuing my education, though it's becoming harder and harder to do every day. The self-loathing, self-harm, lack of decent sleep, drinking, tip-toeing around people trying not to traumatize them revealing too much etc., all of this is taking a massive toll on me and honestly, though I still function (and with very good grades to boot), I can't see myself going forward much longer.