• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

singularity3

singularity3

Experienced
Apr 2, 2023
He who commits suicide is not doing it because he hates life, but because he cannot live it as he would like. That is why suicide is an act of pure manifestation of the will to live. The suicide wants his living conditions to be different and, faced with his impotence, he decides to kill himself, in other words, he gives a lot of importance to life. If we really hated life, we would simply not care and we would not consider suicide. We love life so much that we want to be able to have enough energy to get rid of it when we don't like it. "The suicide wants life and is only dissatisfied with the conditions in which he finds himself. Therefore, by destroying the individual phenomenon, he does not renounce in any way the will to live, but only life. He wants life, he wants an unhindered existence and affirmation of the body, but the intertwining of circumstances does not allow it and this causes him enormous suffering."

Obviously, everything is debatable...

• Informative
Reactions: gonegirl1, LonelyKitten, StellaSomnus and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i'm sure a lot of suicidal people wouldn't want to die but their circumstance of life prohibit them from living successful lives wherever it's the loss of a loved one or mental health problems or financial hardship driving them to commit suicide if they could wish away their problems alot of people would be saved but they can't and so are impotent helpless and powerless to change the circumstances

Reactions: LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori, Immensevoid and 2 others
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I'm really into pessimism and admire Schopenhauer but I think this view of suicide is too generalizing, I don't want and wouldn't change anything in life, I'm suicidal because of my own creed, not because of dissatisfaction, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Reactions: tiyijinn and pthnrdnojvsc
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
It's an interesting take for sure.

singularity3

singularity3

Experienced
Apr 2, 2023
I'm really into pessimism and admire Schopenhauer but I think this view of suicide is too generalizing, I don't want and wouldn't change anything in life, I'm suicidal because of my own creed, not because of dissatisfaction, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
" suicidal because of my own beliefs" Have you ever wondered where those "beliefs" were born from?

Reactions: Pizarnikishere
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I don't believe this is the case for everyone, but probably for me.
Personally, I hope reincarnation exists so that I can live a better life than I had this time around. Then again, the thought of me (whether as myself now or as a different person) not committing suicide and dying young is inconceivable, so who knows?

Costrecce

Costrecce

Just a lil Dragon lad
Aug 21, 2023
An interesting way to see it, honestly if I could live the life I want in a better world, I would adore living so much. But sadly I could never have that life, so I just keep being miserable until I die

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I admire what he said and I used to actually be like this because I wasn't aware of the social issues in this world. Now, I am suicidal because I have realized everything and now I know that I can't change anything. I'm not dissatisfied with my life anymore, I half assed it so I have to deal with it until the end while being miserable the whole time.

Reactions: jar-baby
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I'm suicidal because of my own creed, not because of dissatisfaction
Can you elaborate?
I admire what he said and I used to actually be like this because I wasn't aware of the social issues in this world. Now, I am suicidal because I have realized everything and now I know that I can't change anything. I'm not dissatisfied with my life anymore, I half assed it so I have to deal with it until the end while being miserable the whole time.
Yeah. I think his take is interesting but some people don't ctb because they're dissatisfied with their personal circumstances— they ctb because they're dissatisfied with the world.

Last edited:
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Can you elaborate?
I believe that existence, when the pure consciousness that I Am creates an Universe to be experienced (this current one using this human mind/body/the senses etc, all made of consciousness itself, like the dreamer dreaming about being part of the dream), has to end when I "wake up", when I open my eyes to the truth (panentheistic solipsism, Life begins and ends in Me, is Me, but I'm not limited to it, consciousness is eternal and infinite), so I can simply create another existence, another Universe with a different "structure and tools" (practically impossible to imagine because now I'm limited by this human mind and rules, but an existence experienced in other ways, maybe without a body? With other types of senses? In a Universe without stars and gravity? Maybe I'll reuse this same "draft" but there'll be fucking unicorns and dragons? Don't care, it's not up to "dream me" to know).

Death is a necessary ending, I believe that my purpose here and now (no idea about the next existences tho, trying to comprehend them is useless) is simply to live in this illusory dream until I connect the dots and free myself from the tools (body and mind) that I'm using to experience it, undressing myself from this form and creating a new everything as pure awareness.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: glossble, リンさん and jar-baby
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Nope. Don't love life or want life (at least this form of life on earth). Life continues based on suffering. The mechanism of life itself causes suffering. I hope shit like reincarnation is never real (in any form) so that I can just be in peace in the void forever after I leave this life.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just wrong how the writer is suggesting that applies to everyone, like it makes little sense to me especially the part about hating life and not caring about suicide as a result. I could never love something so harmful and repulsive as existence, my wish to cease existing is because I hate existence and would prefer to avoid all future unnecessary suffering. Under no circumstances could I ever wish to decay from age in this cruel, hellish world.

Reactions: singularity3
not_actually_human

not_actually_human

so unsafe. so angry.
Nov 12, 2022
the most shallow, sub-intellectual reflection on something I've ever read and it was a philosopher geez