Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I would give the little I had left to my name to the local animal shelter in an envelope a day or two before I CTB.

I don't have anyone in mind I would give the money to and there's not much I could use the money for that I'd want.

• Love
Reactions: Yomyom
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
There seem to be three type of spenders when faced with imminent death:
1. People that spend all their money to have as much joy as possible before they die
2. People that don't really change their spending behavior and continue as usual
3. People that donate most of their money to charity or leave it for their families
I would consider myself the first type. I don't even have that much money comparatively, but the little savings I do have, I spend rather lavishly. I eat out almost daily, bought a bunch of new clothes and hobby-related articles and I plan to take a trip to the countryside as well. Since this is anonymous and all, I can also say that I thought about visiting prostitutes once they are available for business again, so I know what it's like to have sex. I just try to make life as bearable as possible before my untimely death and probably won't leave much money behind, except for my materialistic goods. It would frustrate me too much knowing I wasted all this time working my shit job and in the end I can't even spend the little money I earned from it. Besides that, I have somewhat of a "it doesn't matter at this point anyway" mentality.
Donating money to charity sounds noble on paper, but this is completely out of the question since I don't trust them at all. Especially since we had a scandal here very recently, where money was embezzled en masse and CEOs of charity organizations were revealed driving in luxury cars and having salaries beyond good and evil. I'd rather burn it all then give it to them. And my family is left with my materialistic goods I'll leave behind, no more. Not only don't I have the slightest sympathy for them, but they aren't dependent on those pathetic 2000€ my life amounted to. Besides that, the prices for a funeral here are an absolute scam and I won't take any part of it by cutting back just to leave money for those people behind. I'm fucking dead, I don't care if my tombstone is cooler than that of the corpse 5 meters next to me. They could just throw me in a ditch somewhere or dig a hole in a forest and dump me there, I honestly couldn't care less. If they decide the spend more than the absolute minimum, well that's on them.
What about you guys, those faced with imminent death, did you notice any changes in how you handle money and if yes, how?
I took money for granted and actually lived my life, fulfilling my earthly pleasures.. But now after unemployment, reality strikes back and now I care and worry about my family. I don't want to take money for granted anymore.

Reactions: Blueman