Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
How do I live with that knowledge? Do I ignore every thought? What if I feel threatened by a stranger? Do I listen to the thought to be cautious? If I'm just the awareness of my thoughts and feelings, then how am I supposed to live my life?

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and charlotte_
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
I'm not quite sure about this either, but I suppose it means sometimes your thoughts are lying to you? In that case, if you get disturbing thoughts, you back it up with the knowledge that it's a lie told to you and things won't turn out so bad. I don't really agree with this statement but that's my take.

Reactions: jaxxon_sunn
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
You can choose your thoughts. And you should, because your thoughts create. Google it and read more about it.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
If you're able to exist without thinking for even a second, you must be something other than a thought. The problem is actually identification rather than thought itself, which is the point of the original statement.

If this topic is of genuine interest, the best starting point is Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now. He has a lot of online content too.

Reactions: Source Energy
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
If you're able to exist without thinking for even a second, you must be something other than a thought. The problem is actually identification rather than thought itself, which is the point of the original statement.

If this topic is of genuine interest, the best starting point is Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now. He has a lot of online content too.

Which thoughts are worth paying attention to? There's my thoughts I think wilfully and those that just appear

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Which thoughts are worth paying attention to? There's my thoughts I think wilfully and those that just appear
The only thoughts worth paying attention to, are those toward your desired outcome. Thoughts that make you feel better. They do create, and the reality will mirror what's in your mind. Once a shitty enough situation is thus manifested, it is very hard to take back control...hence we all are here

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: psp3000, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Ambivalent1
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i remember reading somewhere that you're initial thoughts are what you were taught to think, and how you react to that initial thought is actually you/your personal opinion. for example if i see someone overweight my initial thought is "theyre unhealthy" bc thats what i was taught growing up, but my reaction to that thought is "thats not true and just rude why would i think that" bc i personally know its pointless judging other peoples health bc it doesnt affect me and is way more complicated than i was taught. so id say definitely pay attention to your initial thoughts and try to challenge them if they dont feel right to you, and especially pay attention to your reaction to those thoughts as that is what you actually believe in if that makes sense.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
i remember reading somewhere that you're initial thoughts are what you were taught to think, and how you react to that initial thought is actually you/your personal opinion. for example if i see someone overweight my initial thought is "theyre unhealthy" bc thats what i was taught growing up, but my reaction to that thought is "thats not true and just rude why would i think that" bc i personally know its pointless judging other peoples health bc it doesnt affect me and is way more complicated than i was taught. so id say definitely pay attention to your initial thoughts and try to challenge them if they dont feel right to you, and especially pay attention to your reaction to those thoughts as that is what you actually believe in if that makes sense.
That thought is true though. It's only rude if you tell them they're fat without them asking you. There are many things that are true and offensive at the same time. Worrying about offending people all the time is unhealthy. In fact, you'll offend someone by being too conscientious.

R

[redacted]

Apr 25, 2023
I never understood why that phrase is said as if it could relieve any pain.

What is the point of knowing I'm not my thoughts?

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
That thought is true though. It's only rude if you tell them they're fat without them asking you. There are many things that are true and offensive at the same time. Worrying about offending people all the time is unhealthy. In fact, you'll offend someone by being too conscientious.
i wouldnt say its worrying about offending people, its more that there is no use for the thought, its a pointless thought bc it doesnt benefit anyone, whether its true or not sometimes just stating a fact is pointless bc its already obvious so theres no need to. you could use ur energy thinking about much more useful things. i guess that example was a bad one to use. this has derailed from the original subject sorry

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I never understood why that phrase is said as if it could relieve any pain.

What is the point of knowing I'm not my thoughts?
It means the story you tell yourself throughout the day year after year is bullshit. Let's say you were abused as a child and now youre convinced you're an eternal victim who will have nothing they want and deserves nothing. That story is baseless. Being abused years ago doesn't mean you're a loser who will never have good things. You may feel and think that way but it's not true UNLESS you're convinced your thoughts and feelings represent reality.

Reactions: Pluto