• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

Uooooo

May 7, 2018
I plan to ctb today. I am thinking about it for years. After drinking some alcohol i will take xanax, sleeping pills and some pill for not puking. Then cut my wrists in the bathroom. How long will this take? I dont want to be found and saved.

Reactions: Cyanide
Sharethepain

Sharethepain

We forge the chains we wear in life.
May 2, 2018
I´d recommend taking a lot of xanax, with a lot of alcohol for maximizing the effect. Also you have to cut deep enough to actually bleed out. Overdosing itself is not always so reliable. If you cut open the main artery on your hands, both prefferably, and put them in warm or hot water to prevent clotting, it should not take more than 5-10 minutes.
Also remember: "Down the road, not across the street". You have to cut the wrist vertically from up to down to open as much of the artery as possible to make it quick, if you cut from the side you´ll only end up severing your nerves, muscle, tendons and whatnot so you won´t be able to move your fingers possibly which will lead to long term damage if you survive.

Edit: I just remembered that you should cut your dominant hand first as well, because if you open your left hand first if you have your right dominant it might get really difficult to cut the second one because of the hand not being dominant and bleeding a lot, possibly having severed some muscles or tendons which could make it real pain to put enough force into it.

Last edited:
U

Uooooo

May 7, 2018
I couldnt buy xanax. And sleeping pills turns out herbal pills. Fuck. Couldnt find the courage the cut either. Just a little blood and i scared shitless. Will try to hang myself this night. What should i know about hanging?

Sharethepain

Sharethepain

We forge the chains we wear in life.
May 2, 2018
I've only attempted hanging twice before. Well the basic rules would be to have a decent support, something that won't break under your weight.
Other thing is having a "rope" that is comfortable for you, too thin and it might hurt, too thick and it might not work properly.
Also there are two types of hanging, with a drop or suspension.
With a drop the death is instant as you break your spine in the fall - there is some chart on the internet that measures how much of a drop length you should have depending on your weight to make the death instant. In the worst case if the fall is not big enough you could merely inflict permament damage on yourself and not die.
The other type is hanging without drop - suspension, the cause of death there is asphyxia, in other words lack of oxygen supplying the brain. This one takes longer, up to 15 minutes until your brain dies. You should lose consciousness in about 30 seconds max after you proceed with this. The problem here could be being found, your body will probably spasm even after you blackout, so if somebody finds you in those 15 +- minutes you will have permament brain damage and whatnot else.

Other things to note is to make sure the noose you tie is well done so it doesn't come undone in the middle of the process, could be a big problem.
There is also a door knob hanging method - I've personally done this and it works. If you can't find anything to support yourself like a support frame or something on the ceiling this is a viable method. Its a suspension type where you hang the noose on the door knob and sit down, your body weight will pull you down and that will result in the asphyxia. The important thing there is to make the noose small as possible so the pressure on your neck is greater because you don't have that much space, depending on how tall you are.

EDIT: Also don't worry that you failed with cutting, it is really painful and almost nobody ever succeeds, only about 5 % max of people who attempt it ever die from it, the number is probably even lower.