TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
It's all I think about nowadays, honestly. Pretty excited for Shadowlands since I started to do Mythic+ recently.

Reactions: _Kaira_, Xocoyotziin and Marchioness
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I play mainly classic. Got tired of BFA, gonna give shadowlands a try. I'm uncertain how that'll turn out though.

Reactions: Xocoyotziin, TheSoulless and Marchioness
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I used to play during classic all the way to the beginning of Cataclysm but I had lost all interest after that. I know nothing about the game past that point other then they had released some new expansions.

Reactions: _Kaira_, Xocoyotziin, TheSoulless and 1 other person
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I played wow for ages starting in TBC and then on and off into BFA.

It was some A+ escapism when I was a teenager and needed to not be myself, but now that I'm older it's not as interesting, don't think I'll play shadowlands.

Actually I definitely won't be playing shadowlands because I'll be gone by then :p

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, _Kaira_, Xocoyotziin and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I played for a year or so, into the first expansion. Excellent game, though i got tired of the community.

Reactions: TheSoulless, _Kaira_ and Xocoyotziin
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
The original WoW was the best and I've been saying that since week 1 of The Burning Crusade. Everyone said that I had rose-tinted glasses and the original game wasn't all that great but I knew they were wrong. Back in 2015 I played on a private WoW server after having not played WoW at all in years and the experience had pretty much confirmed what I had been saying all that time. I don't think I've ever had as much fun (and frustration) in an online game ever. If I wasn't going to kill myself I'd consider whether it was worth breaking my decade-long blizzard boycott for WoW classic. It brings back so many memories...

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Shadow priests where you at? Dropped it when mists came out tho.
Adderall and wow are some of my fondest memories.

• Wow
Reactions: TheSoulless, Disappointered and _Kaira_
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I wanted to play it as a means of escapism. I do not have a career even though I went through more than enough education and consequently also do not have many (any apart from gf) friends. If anyone wants to start playing i will join their clan or whatever. Whatever free version there is of WoW, preferably. Otherwise I guess I'll just keep playing Monster Train.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and Xocoyotziin
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
AFAIK the free version is up to level 20 only. The problem with so many free games is that they are pay to win cash shop driven. The best one I found was Lord of The Rings Online, which didn't ram the cash shop in your face all the time like the Perfect World games do. I'm currently in Guild wars 2 and enjoying it.

Reactions: TheSoulless, Disappointered, Xocoyotziin and 1 other person
Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
Make love , not warcraft.

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Hey this is off topic but I'm really concerned and have to wait for a new thread to be approved. I'm worried someone just downloaded my files on a usb stick. I don't know if I can trust him but I wasn't thinking and he came over saying he needed to use my laptop to download pc reboot.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and Deleted member 1465
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I will always have fond memories of wow. I played for years through the Mists expansion. I completely lost interest though because I over played it and the memories of me and my now dead fiance playing together hurt too much.

AFAIK the free version is up to level 20 only. The problem with so many free games is that they are pay to win cash shop driven. The best one I found was Lord of The Rings Online, which didn't ram the cash shop in your face all the time like the Perfect World games do. I'm currently in Guild wars 2 and enjoying it.
There are a few private (non retail) servers that aren't pay to win. I found the list on the sub reddit r/wowservers. The population isn't very high though on the few I tried. The pay to win ones are definitely terrible, those cash shops suck.

I wanted to play it as a means of escapism. I do not have a career even though I went through more than enough education and consequently also do not have many (any apart from gf) friends. If anyone wants to start playing i will join their clan or whatever. Whatever free version there is of WoW, preferably. Otherwise I guess I'll just keep playing Monster Train.
If your looking for free versions of wow you can try private (non retail) servers. I found the list on the sub reddit r/wowservers. Keep in mind many are pay to win but a few aren't like Tauri Wow (they are currently in the Mists expansion). The population is quite low sadly.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Disappointered and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Hey this is off topic but I'm really concerned and have to wait for a new thread to be approved. I'm worried someone just downloaded my files on a usb stick. I don't know if I can trust him but I wasn't thinking and he came over saying he needed to use my laptop to download pc reboot.
Worrying for you. I think maybe you need to have a conversation with him.

Reactions: TheSoulless and Disappointered
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Forgot to mention that mage and shaman were my classes :sunglasses:

Reactions: TheSoulless
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
Excellent game, though i got tired of the community.
I'm sure you're not the only one.
Forgot to mention that mage and shaman were my classes :sunglasses:
My shaman is my most played character, though now I think monk is the way to go.

Then again, I have a hard time choosing since there's so many options!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sinkinshyp
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I haven't played in years probably 4 or 5.. eq2 player here.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
I'm sure you're not the only one.

My shaman is my most played character, though now I think monk is the way to go.

Then again, I have a hard time choosing since there's so many options!
Damn, there I go, only talking about myself again.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Damn, there I go, only talking about myself again.

My main was a mage... but I began playing a shaman many years later and ended up being main as shaman. I loved my shaman- those were alliance side. Horde side I played a priest. My everquest 1 guild was one of the top raid guilds world wide in eq1. Blizzard invited us to join a special phase of testing before release. We weren't alpha phase but it was before the beta phase. So you could say I began my wow playtime before beta- I bought it at release. I played for a couple of years and over the years have quit and come back periodically.

EQ2 came out in the same time as wow, I want to say they were less than 3 weeks apart. Again my eq1 guild was well known so we were invited to friends and family beta by SOE prior to the beta phase. I had been with eq2 off and on since our friends and family beta. I take breaks from both games at one time it was a 3 yrs break. I LOVE eq2. I haven't played wow in probably 5 years. So I am not sure what new has been added. If anyone wants to try eq2 ( everquest 2) message me- I'll tell you my server and help you out on it. There is a free to play version. You get content thats the expac prior to current. If you like it and want to play current content you would need to buy that expac.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I was hugely into WoW from the Vanilla Beta up to the more recent expansions, then I stopped raiding and stopped playing all together. Finances willing, I want to return for Shadowlands and play as soon as it launches. Resto Shaman main but considering a class swap for Shadowlands.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

Jan 7, 2020
My main was a mage... but I began playing a shaman many years later and ended up being main as shaman. I loved my shaman- those were alliance side. Horde side I played a priest. My everquest 1 guild was one of the top raid guilds world wide in eq1. Blizzard invited us to join a special phase of testing before release. We weren't alpha phase but it was before the beta phase. So you could say I began my wow playtime before beta- I bought it at release. I played for a couple of years and over the years have quit and come back periodically.

EQ2 came out in the same time as wow, I want to say they were less than 3 weeks apart. Again my eq1 guild was well known so we were invited to friends and family beta by SOE prior to the beta phase. I had been with eq2 off and on since our friends and family beta. I take breaks from both games at one time it was a 3 yrs break. I LOVE eq2. I haven't played wow in probably 5 years. So I am not sure what new has been added. If anyone wants to try eq2 ( everquest 2) message me- I'll tell you my server and help you out on it. There is a free to play version. You get content thats the expac prior to current. If you like it and want to play current content you would need to buy that expac.
Cool story! What do you like in EQ over WoW?
I was hugely into WoW from the Vanilla Beta up to the more recent expansions, then I stopped raiding and stopped playing all together. Finances willing, I want to return for Shadowlands and play as soon as it launches. Resto Shaman main but considering a class swap for Shadowlands.
Shadowlands definitely looks promising. I played Resto in BfA, but I'm switching since it's not really made for dungeons. Not that I'm obsessed with numbers.

Last edited: