• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nicebuddimtim

Nicebuddimtim

Ghost
Jun 28, 2020
The sick and elderly still have lives, the sick and elderly are still people. They deserve the choice to live as much as we do. And it isn't just them anymore, it has hit everyone and everything. And those people who have it spread it to others who are careless and treat it as a hoax.

As someone who falls under that sick category but still is very much an essential worker who has to support their family, who has to deal with careless anti-maskers and have to deal with those who are treating COVID as a giant joke and conspiracy theory... I plead for you to change your views. Now is NOT the time for conspiracies. The time is for helping those who now have lost those close to them to a virus that didn't have to spread if people had not been careless. People have lost mothers, fathers, siblings, lovers, friends.. and I have to see it every day and the impact it has on those around me. Every day I lose hope as the hospitals nearby me are overwhelmed, businesses being shut down, people losing their jobs and having their entire lives destroyed and their families torn apart.

It is far from a blessing. It has shown how cruel humanity is, how the governments don't care, and how little empathy this world has. But what about those who died, who could have helped change that?

Please don't dare say it is a blessing that people have senselessly died when more could have been done.
I fall into the sick category but maybe we would be in a better place mentally and physically without so many I'm just expressing my views and I'd say they're as valid as yours. Sure it hurts but what is life if not a painful journey?

G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
I started working in a nursing home as a janitor. The place is slammed. I'm working 12 days straight at least. I wouldn't be surprised if I have no days off for a long time. They can't keep their workers. One site had their loved ones yelling at their loved one through the window. The other does zoom meeting. The poor people are basically locked in their bedroom with a roommate in a dirty room looking at the workers wearing a faceshield and mask wearing an ugly gown to minimize covid while eating low quality food.

It's a depressing prison for those poor people.

I don' t know why these companies don't raise the pay of their workers. To keep them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020

Cheers

Geo
Yes I was just commenting this on another thread. Definitely there has been more Suicide cases than COVID deaths that's for sure. Worldwide. The figures in the U.K. alone are scary.

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo