Would your 'best case scenario' save you do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Does anyone feel like they either got what they always wanted or, even if they did get what they always wanted, they might still not be happy? Sometimes, I wonder if that's the ultimate test. Like- if you're still not happy after getting what you wanted (pretty much,) where else is there left to go?

Someone asked me what my ideal job would be the other day. At one point, I would have been ecstatic that someone might actually consider paying me to do the thing I wanted to do the most. Maybe it's because I know that isn't realistic. But, I suppose I thought- I've actually kind of got what I wanted but now, I'm simply tired of all of it and I just want out.

Maybe it's because the very best case scenario often isn't exactly feasible. You may get your dream job but you have to work all hours to keep it. You may fall in love but they might be with someone else. Maybe it's because life rarely goes entirely to plan. Even the really good things in life carry problems and you just start to think- I can't be arsed with any of this anymore!

Does your level headedness or pessimism/ cynicism stop you from running away with 'best case' scenarios? Do yours actually seem feasible? I suppose it's the not being sure that plays a part in keeping people here. I feel like I'm pretty sure that my best case scenario would bring with it too many other problems for me to be happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Reflection and Zvetok26
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd still want to be dead even if I had the best case scenario since my issue would still be with existence itself and how suffering is inherent to existence

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc, Zvetok26 and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Even if I had the best case scenario, I don't think (at least in the long run) I would just stick around. Maybe I'll hold on a little bit longer, but it all depends on the situation and there are many factors that go into it. I know I will never relinquish the right to die as an option for as long as there are possibilities for endless (and senseless) suffering, be it natural causes, old age, disease, debility, and infirmity. Maybe in the short to mid term if I "got what I really wanted and succeeded, aka fulfilling my goals or something", then I might stick around a bit longer, but long term (years or decades) into the future, most likely not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
DrinkyCrow

DrinkyCrow

Zap to the extreme
May 2, 2023
Winning the lottery.

Would at least put it away for a while until i burned through all that money.

Or i could die like god intended, on a sailboat somewhere in the middle of the ocean or overdosing on fancy designer drugs.

• Hugs
Reflection

Reflection

One last hurrah
Sep 12, 2024
Yes, it would be like a flip of a switch. Although it's not entirely within my control, so I can only do so much to try and make it easier to happen.

• Hugs
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I can't think of anything external that would save me.

Be it other people, money, material objects, environmental changes -- even with the best of intentions, these things cannot make up for the fact that my problems are all internal.

The only thing keeping me going in life is the emotional and mental support from my family.

Unless my parents can somehow find everlasting life, I have a very big problem coming my way at some point because I just don't see myself being able to survive without them.

• Hugs
U

Unspoken7612

Experienced
Jul 14, 2024
If everything had always gone my way, I would still have suicidal thoughts but they would be empty, weightless, and easy to manage. I wouldn't be seriously contemplating ending my life.

That said, I think if things had gone the way I always imagined I wanted them to go, I'd have found out that I didn't actually want them to go that way, especially with regards to romance.

• Hugs
PlannedforPeru

PlannedforPeru

SaSu. Lurker
Sep 21, 2024
Nope, my hedonic treadmill is never-ending baby.

• Yay!