Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Would you want to be reincarnated if it was into a perfect utopian world, where everyone's basic needs were taken care of, and you only had to work if you wanted to?

So there is no chance of being born into poverty, or unwanted, and all mental/healthcare is free?

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, DT2007, Finalnight and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Would you want to be reincarnated if it was into a perfect utopian world, where everyone's basic needs were taken care of, and you only had to work if you wanted to?

So there is no chance of being born into poverty, or unwanted, and all mental/healthcare is free?
Wouldn't that just be heaven? Honestly I don't think I want to come back to earth ever again.

Reactions: thewalkingdread, Finalnight, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Being in this kind of body for the 2nd time? No, because that is not enough. I would get attached to people, things, myself etc. and be forced to lose it again.

And I would get to the same point where I have to numb myself for the second time just to cope.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and Beyond_Repair
Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
Humans are fragile. We'd still feel sadness and despair if something didn't go our way.
If medicine wasn't perfect, then genetic defects and disease could still exist.
Would ranks and a social hierarchy still exist?
Could human nature cause it to collapse eventually just from pure stubbornness?

Despite that, it would be nice to live in a utopia where there is no responsibility.
I think I would give it a chance.
Focus on doing the things you love, and sharing your love with the people around you.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Beyond_Repair
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Humans are fragile. We'd still feel sadness and despair if something didn't go our way.
If medicine wasn't perfect, then genetic defects and disease could still exist.
Would ranks and a social hierarchy still exist?
Could human nature cause it to collapse eventually just from pure stubbornness?

Despite that, it would be nice to live in a utopia where there is no responsibility.
I think I would give it a chance.
Focus on doing the things you love, and sharing your love with the people around you.
That was my idea - basically no responsibility so you could do what you love and just enjoy life.

Honestly though, I think with humans involved there would always be some kind of issue, with power imbalances and someone seeking control.

I would definitely give it a try though
Wouldn't that just be heaven? Honestly I don't think I want to come back to earth ever again.
That's fair. There's so much suffering involved with just being a person
Being in this kind of body for the 2nd time? No, because that is not enough. I would get attached to people, things, myself etc. and be forced to lose it again.

And I would get to the same point where I have to numb myself for the second time just to cope.
That's true. I wonder what living would be like if attachments to other people didn't really exist. Kind of reminds me of the book "The Giver" a bit

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim and Weltall
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I simply don't wish to exist at all, existence is always unnecessary and undesirable to me, I don't see anything appealing about existing as a conscious being trapped in this decaying flesh prison. I prefer the sound of eternal nothingness, existence is a curse, there is no value to it, only not existing at all is the way to prevent all suffering.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Azno

Azno

Kill me
Jun 2, 2023
heart dad GIF

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, pthnrdnojvsc, Skathon and 3 others
𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
as amazing as it sounds - no

• Yay!
Reactions: LetMeBeSad, Skathon and Beyond_Repair
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
no

Reactions: Skathon and Beyond_Repair
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
No. I just want non-existence forever and think that is what will happen after Death anyway

Reactions: Skathon and Beyond_Repair
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Lol with bad luck, you can still be born disabled. A lot of bad things could still happen to you in this theoretical, stress from work is just one of the many issues that a person on this world could have to deal with. You could still be socially isolated. You could still be fat and ugly.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, pthnrdnojvsc and Beyond_Repair
figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
Well, define "perfect utopia". Perfect is never good enough. I think we need a little escape from utopia. I don't personally think that, if you're suicidal, you'd react otherwise. I've got a pretty good life, one could say - I'm happily married with a wonderful daughter, I've got a PhD, and we live comfortably. Yet, when I'm suicidal nothing of this seems to be enough; I'm worthless and empty, and I'm a burden to everyone around me. Before the wish to die, there's no utopia, perfection doesn't exist at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, Lost in a Dream and ohyouknow
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
No. The issue isn't with the world, it's with me and my body. Unless this utopia can completely reconstruct me in the way I desire from the ground up, I want no part, if only because I am useless and defective.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, Skathon and Lost in a Dream
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
maybe if you was immortal only choosing to die when you want too

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and Lost in a Dream
reaching_zer0

reaching_zer0

May 14, 2023
I'd love too, but as a better person

Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
100%

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Yes, I want to be reborn tall, white, attractive, intelligent, and born into a high income earning family. That way I'll have nigh limitless options when it comes to dating, and I'll have way more opportunities in life, more friends, easier time getting employed, the intelligence to pursue something enjoyable, earning more money and getting more promotions + support from wealthy parents, etc. I wanna know what it's like to win in life at least once. Most of your life is predetermined by how you were born and what family.

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
No I wouldn't. Having needs that have to be taken care of in the first place tells me that it's not good enough. The need for medical care shouldn't even be a thing.

If I do exist after I die, then I don't want to be born at all. I would rather exist as a spirit without a physical body, and have the ability to effortlessly float through space and walk on the surface of stars and gas giants, without the need for a space suit or the risk of dying from cold, heat, or lack of oxygen.

Being able to explore the universe like that would be amazing, but if I ever got tired of it for some reason, then I should have the ability to erase myself from existence too. It should be as easy as snapping my fingers so I can experience actual free will.

• Love
Reactions: Beyond_Repair and Skathon
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
No, because I hate myself

If I could change certain unchangeable parts of myself I am sure I would

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No, I think I'm done with any type of life. Non existence sounds like the safer option.

It's actually pretty hard to imagine a world without suffering while still being human. We 'need' physical pain to tell us there's something wrong with us. Beyond that, it would be amazing if we could eat meat without killing animals. If we could live without destroying the natural environment. If we were all paid adequately for the things we enjoyed to do.

It's just so hard to imagine a world like that. I feel like there would be a catch somewhere. Like there is here. I expect most parents have children in the hopes they will be happy. I would have thought just a good look at the world should have told them how much their child could potentially suffer but still- it seemed a good enough place to them. Not sure I'd trust it to someone else to create this 'perfect' world and I'd have no idea where to begin myself. Presumably, there are other people in this world? What if- what you think would be a perfect world isn't that to them? I guess any world with one creator is problematic.

• Love
Reactions: loser098, Beyond_Repair and Lost in a Dream
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
No. This world is hell it doesnt matter the circumstances, i would still be dying inside in any other life i get

Reactions: Beyond_Repair, Lost in a Dream and pthnrdnojvsc
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
No.

There can be only one utopia, and that doesn't involve being reborn, but waking up imo. I hope I'm not reborn.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Well, define "perfect utopia". Perfect is never good enough. I think we need a little escape from utopia. I don't personally think that, if you're suicidal, you'd react otherwise. I've got a pretty good life, one could say - I'm happily married with a wonderful daughter, I've got a PhD, and we live comfortably. Yet, when I'm suicidal nothing of this seems to be enough; I'm worthless and empty, and I'm a burden to everyone around me. Before the wish to die, there's no utopia, perfection doesn't exist at all.
From what you've written it sounds like you're pretty successful. I always subconsciously felt I would be content only if I found great success in life. But I don't think that's actually the case for me. I'd always be empty
Yes, I want to be reborn tall, white, attractive, intelligent, and born into a high income earning family. That way I'll have nigh limitless options when it comes to dating, and I'll have way more opportunities in life, more friends, easier time getting employed, the intelligence to pursue something enjoyable, earning more money and getting more promotions + support from wealthy parents, etc. I wanna know what it's like to win in life at least once. Most of your life is predetermined by how you were born and what family.
I feel you. I had friends in college whose parents paid for their tuition and living expenses, and even paid their living expenses after college while they were job hunting. One even complained that her dad didn't buy her the car she wanted.

I know it's not a competition, but how can you have empathy for people who seem like they had everything handed to them when you had to work for everything yourself with no help :/

If I do exist after I die, then I don't want to be born at all. I would rather exist as a spirit without a physical body, and have the ability to effortlessly float through space and walk on the surface of stars and gas giants, without the need for a space suit or the risk of dying from cold, heat, or lack of oxygen.
100% agreed. Sounds amazing

Last edited:
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023

No. Because utopia is non - existence.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
And non-existence, in form is my concept of God, what else could perfection be.

Reactions: livinginhellnation
loser098

loser098

Nov 16, 2023
Not interested if it doesn't include being united with my oneitis for eternity.

PixelPlant

PixelPlant

smile, you’ve lived :)
Aug 15, 2023
maybe if it's a better version of myself, if not then no

glossble

glossble

homesick ⭒
Apr 14, 2023
I want to go home, if there is such a place for me. But I would never agree to return to this reality

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Yeah. I would. It's not living itself I take issue with. It's the conditions that surround me. I'd gladly live in a utopia.