• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Would you attend your own funeral?

• Yes, I would.

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • No, I would not.

Votes: 56 65.9%

• Total voters
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

poisoned to my rotten core
Oct 1, 2023
Title.

Personally, I would want to stick around as a ghost or spirit to attend my funeral. It'd give me some insight into who all thought I was important enough, and might give me closure on what people "really" thought about me before I left the world (assuming they weren't performing, of course).

What about you? Would you attend your own funeral if given the chance, and why/why not?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, I never would want such a thing anyway, I just want to die in peace and be forgotten about like I never existed at all, if it's up to me I'd choose to erase my own existence.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
That sounds like a paradox. How can I attend my own funeral if I'm dead? One of my reasons for wanting to be dead to begin with is because of how it gives permanent non existence hence the cessation of all experiences, thoughts and feelings. I want to be dead so that I'm not sentient at all and seeing my own funeral would imply that I do have sentience... which I don't want

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't want a funeral anyway but no, I wouldn't want to witness it if I had one. I kind of doubt many people would go anyway. I live hundreds of miles away from family and friends- hence- I don't want them to feel obliged to travel all that way for some dry service. So, I'll likely prepay for a direct cremation. But no- there are people I'll be happy to get away from on this earth. One of the benefits of being dead will be not being obliged to see them at family do's!

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
No, I do not want to.
If I can exist as a "ghost" or something similar after death, it means that my new chapter and new life has begun.
Most likely, I would not want to draw attention to a past that would no longer matter at this point.

There is also a possibility that I will get emotional... it would be insulting to me.
I don't want to regret my fate.
Or at least I try not to.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Title.

Personally, I would want to stick around as a ghost or spirit to attend my funeral. It'd give me some insight into who all thought I was important enough, and might give me closure on what people "really" thought about me before I left the world (assuming they weren't performing, of course).

What about you? Would you attend your own funeral if given the chance, and why/why not?
I've always thought about how people would act at my funeral. When I was a kid, I imagined what it would be like and whether people would be sad or not. I don't want a funeral anymore though. I'd rather just say goodnight and go

Last edited:
Proxycake

Proxycake

Matrimony
Feb 20, 2023
Absolutely. I want an open casket funeral - I would enjoy seeing how I look embalmed. I try to picture it nearly everyday. I hope I am gifted the ability to look upon myself after I've been taken to the mortuary, I'm sure it would be a sight I'd want all to see.

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
No, my will specifies all I want is to be cremated and my ashes mixed with all my dogs and then spread where I have specified. I have seen alternative funeral services that I could have lived with(excuse the pun). But the traditional American funerals seem awful to me.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
When I was a teenager I was curious about who would come to my funeral, who would cry, who would surprise me, etc. Mostly wondering about my classmates, and if my crush secretly liked me back lol.

As an adult, I would not, and don't want ANY kind of funeral. American funerals are the most awkward bullshit ever, and I don't want my family to get embarrassed by how few people show up. If they want to do a private memorial or something for their own sake, fine, but I want my ass cremated ASAP.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No, thank you. Just a pointless disappointment waiting to happen. Why would I want to witness at best that I only mattered once am gone or worse that I didn't matter even then......ummm ya no, thank you.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
No thanks. Just burn my body or donate it to science

Reactions: rozeske
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I don't plan on being found, so a funeral would be pretty pointless.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
No.

First of all, I would hate to have a funeral. I would rather be completely forgotten.
I don't see the point of being remembered if I'm going to be forgotten anyway.

My existence doesn't make sense in a world where society is unable to understand me...

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I don't even want a funeral. It's all superficial, indulgent bollocks.
I need no ceremony. Just shift my body somewhere it doesn't upset the kids as it starts to rot and be devoured.
I'm not religious and all these ceremonies do are line the pockets of an industry.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
yes, it would be cool to mysteriously stand in the shadow of some tree, in a black trench coat and glasses, far away from your grave, smoking a cigarette while observing your own funeral. but back in real life i wouldn't want a funeral at all

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
worthIess

worthIess

hello
Dec 7, 2023
no. it would be cringe to watch. i did nothing but be a burden my entire life then died. and people are sad about it for some reason

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
No, I never would want such a thing anyway, I just want to die in peace and be forgotten about like I never existed at all, if it's up to me I'd choose to erase my own existence.
I feel like I wrote this. Same thing. Don't think of me as much like I never existed. I wish I never did so I won't have to escape.

My wish is to be cremated.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Title.

To be honest the way my life is currently no I wouldn't. I don't even want a funeral. Just throw my ashes in the garbage and be done with it and move on. Let's say by some miracle my life gets back on track and I live a long life.... Then yeah probably.

G

grahf

Broken English from Indonesia
Mar 3, 2024
I don't know, actually I want to come to my funeral but I'm afraid to know that no one feels sad or even no one comes, even when I used to be hospitalized or sick, almost no friends or acquaintances came to visit me, maybe I'm afraid knowing the fact that no one will care when I die.

IVE

IVE

Mar 29, 2024
No, it would just feel really weird because I wish to be forgotten

Reactions: rotciv
S

sukiduki

Mar 24, 2024
i'm scared that if i could know what my funeral was like it would be rather empty or unsure if my family would even host one for me at all

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
I'd want to attend just to find out who attended and what they are feeling.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
I'm surprised at how many people are saying no. I would like to attend my own funeral to hear the things people have to say about me and the impact I've made. I have very low self esteem so maybe it would be healing for me.

Reactions: 4am
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
id specify there wouldnt be a funeral, but my chosen family group does parties and memorial services in their own way; the narcissist in me is mostly curious whod pretend to be hurt the most vs those that actually knew me telling them to fuck off and doing it right

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
I would. Mainly because i think nobody would go. I would like to see my body resting all alone. And then leave.

B

born_borken

Apr 1, 2024
I would not. I hate who I am, I resent life for being born this way, and want to forget all about this.

• Aww..
Reactions: MeltingBrain