• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
And if so, would you be able to shoot 3 people close to you to save a million?

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder
Caughtincuff

Caughtincuff

Jul 20, 2024
For couple of hundreds, I won't be shooting someone. I would rather let them shoot me!
Nope never, I love people who I love. I can't even think about living without them for just a sum of money I wouldn't be killing someone I love.

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
No, when it's someone's time to go, it's their time to go. Saving 100 at the cost of 10 sounds ideal but if they're innocent, then no and what about the 100 I am saving... Are they innocent?

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
No, when it's someone's time to go, it's their time to go. Saving 100 at the cost of 10 sounds ideal but if they're innocent, then no and what about the 100 I am saving... Are they innocent?
Just regular people, maybe some innocent, maybe not.

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
trolley problem 2.0?

i like to think i would. i think the trolley problem sometimes is less about "are you willing to trade 1 life for 5?" and sometimes it's about "are you willing to be seen as the villain?"

to elaborate, if saving 5 lives was as simple as just imagining it, i think a lot of us would do it. i think what stops us is the act of pulling that switch or that trigger, the fact it's an active choice you need to make.

i don't always agree with utilitarianism, but frankly that's my answer. i think sometimes you need to be able to be the villain, do things that make you hate yourself, make others hate you — for the sake of what you think is right.

also depends on if i get to choose who these 'innocent' people are. jeff bezos is innocent, sure, but to sit blindly by while people suffer under your exploitation every day is about as evil as it gets, even if he hasn't committed a crime in the legal sense, i find it morally indefensible, so.

• Informative
Reactions: lacrimosa, BecomingTired and sancta-simplicitas
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd shoot the sadistic piece of shit that asked me to make that choice. If I couldn't shoot them, I'd shoot myself. If there was no other way around it though, I just don't know. Could we rig it so that all Sasu members are in one of the groups? We'd probably all draw targets on ourselves.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, BrainShower, lacrimosa and 1 other person
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
And if so, would you be able to shoot 3 people close to you to save a million?
Nope. Nobody knows the future or outcome. All I need to do is do right towards the people I meet (a part of that is not hurting them). If 10 people are a threat to the 100, how can I be sure they really are a threat? And if I can be sure, there are other things I can do to discourage them from killing the 100 than killing them. I am not a utilitarian or consequentialist.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrainShower and BecomingTired
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Depends on who those 10 people are and who those 100 people are. I don't think the 100 are inherently more valuable than the 10 just because they're more in quantity.

Don't think that, even if I had all the answers, I'd feel competent and rightful enough to play God and decide who gets to live or die.

Unless some of those people have committed horrible crimes, I think I'd rather someone shoot me.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I would simply miss all my shots because I have only ever picked up a gun once at a gun range and I had terrible aim with it.

• Yay!
Reactions: BecomingTired
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
no. why should I choose who lives or dies

• Wow
K

Kavka

Jun 11, 2024
I think I should shoot 9 and then myself to make it 10, but I'm not sure I could do it.
It also depends on who the other 100 people are, but for the sake of argument I'll just assume they're innocent too.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I don't really have any desires to save people. I instead just wish that humanity died out. I don't want to save anybody

• Love
Reactions: BecomingTired and sserafim
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I don't like these questions because there isn't enough to go off of, not to mention, there is almost never a time where someone would need to choose between something like that. 100% of the time, aside from manslaughter, a human life is taken deliberately with real reasons behind it, not an impossible scenario. If it were a rescue effort, you would save a hundred people though ten may die, because in that case, it's about saving as many as possible. There is too much to go into that this isn't really something I can personally answer.

Reactions: spottem, syrup ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ and BecomingTired
Buffy

Buffy

24/7 cold
Mar 17, 2024
No, I'd like my body count to stay below double digits.

• Yay!
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't think that I could shoot anyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: BecomingTired and sancta-simplicitas
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
No. I wouldn't want any of that responsibility over others' lives. I don't even want responsibility over my own life, so I would give the gun to someone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and BecomingTired
AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024
Nope. The only life I would ever take is my own <3

• Wow
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
I don't like these questions because there isn't enough to go off of, not to mention, there is almost never a time where someone would need to choose between something like that. 100% of the time, aside from manslaughter, a human life is taken deliberately with real reasons behind it, not an impossible scenario. If it were a rescue effort, you would save a hundred people though ten may die, because in that case, it's about saving as many as possible. There is too much to go into that this isn't really something I can personally answer.
I purposely said "shoot" so it wouldn't be interpreted in that kind of way, you aren't rescuing anyone. Ig I can say that if you don't shoot the 10 then the rest will be killed

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I wouldn't do anything because I don't want to have to take on (this) responsibility or be held accountable. The best action for me in this case would be inaction.

I wouldn't shoot 3 people close to me to save a million. I still like my family even though they're mean to me. I could see myself shooting a million people to save 3 people close to me though
No. I wouldn't want any of that responsibility over others' lives. I don't even want responsibility over my own life, so I would give the gun to someone else.
Same

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
sos

sos

Student
Jul 22, 2024
do i get to view a profile of those hundred people? pretty much like a swiping system where i'm able to rate their profile by either liking or disliking them.

i mean like, imagine killing 10 innocent just to get a bunch of criminals in return

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
Yes, I'm just saving 90 people here.

doesn't matter if the 10 people are killed by me and the 100 are killed by someone else, it doesn't matter, do you want 10 people to die or 100?

Having the ability to act and not acting makes me responsible for the death of 90 people too.

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
I would shoot a million people to save the lives of ten million. Because THAT IS SALVATION. THAT IS TRUE BEAUTY

For those who don't know the context, google "Captain Matias Torres".