• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Would you prefer assisted suicide or euthanasia?

• Assisted suicide

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Euthanasia

Votes: 46 49.5%

• Total voters
T

tomyumgoong

Dec 22, 2023
Honestly, either would be great. It would be nice to be prescribed some medication though so I can die somewhere comfortable. I think I'd spend my savings on a nice hotel so that I can enjoy my solitude for a while in a nice bed with no bugs. Maybe even just a public park or parking lot. However, that would be extremely inconsiderate for anyone around me, so euthanasia in the hospital would be a safer bet.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Your mistaken. Assisted suicide is where you take a suicide pill yourself orally after getting it from a doctor, euthanasia is where the drugs are administered via intravenous drip.
Then I guess I'd take euthanasia. The less actions that I have to do myself, the more likely I'll actually be dead. I'd rather have my life be ended by doctors rather than myself

D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
I really like the Belgian model , where the dr comes around to your house and puts you to sleep in the comfort and privacy of your own house . Doesn't get much better than that .
Agreed. They use both assisted suicide and euthanasia in Belgium, but most patients choose euthanasia.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
definitely assisted suicide, i would rather die alone than around other ppl cuz being around people makes me uncomfortable

Last edited:
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Orangee

Orangee

I want to leave this sad world
Apr 6, 2024
Assisted suicide. I could listen to my favorite music and die somewhere peaceful and comfy. Also, I really don't like needles and I don't want to be terrified right before I die :)

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Assisted suicide. I like the idea of being in control of my own death. It would also give me more liberty as to when I do it, as opposed to having a set time based around the doctors schedule.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Assisted, though I can see the appeal of euthanasia since it's very possible I could screw it up if left to my own devices.

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Neither, just make what items I need legal to get and I'll do it myself.
I trust medical "professionals" about as far as I can throw them.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and 4am
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What's the exact difference?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wouldn't mind taking the pills or N orally myself but I'd want medical professionals around to take further action if they didn't work.

I do actually prefer the idea of assisted suicide because it takes the responsibility off of the other person to an extent but yeah- the fear with all methods is that they don't work and make matters worse for us.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
At least you have assisted suicide for some reasons in Australia, we don't have it all in England.
Only for people who have 1.5 feet in the grave already . Its called the beg and grovel laws at the moment, but I guess it is a start, even though we're far away off from the more civilised nations such as belgium and Switzerland

D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
Only for people who have 1.5 feet in the grave already . Its called the beg and grovel laws at the moment, but I guess it is a start, even though we're far away off from the more civilised nations such as belgium and Switzerland
Is there any possibility that the law will be loosened to allow more people to qualify? Here in England - health is a devolved matter so Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland decide separately - there's likely to be a parliamentary vote after the next election on assisted suicide & euthanasia. It'll be interesting to see whether it passes. Unclear at this stage whether we'll go for an Oregon model - 6 months or fewer to live -
or a Dutch model - incurable suffering.

Whilst slow though, here at sanctioned suicide we have some cause for hope: no country has yet legalised assisted dying (the generic term for assisted suicide & euthanasia) and then repealed the law and a number of countries are likely to legalise within the next year or so including France and Ireland. We are winning the argument.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Assisted suicide as long as it meant that it was guaranteed that I'd finally cease existing, to me it'd be so relieving to be able to free myself from this futile and undesirable existence in such a peaceful way, all I wish for is this existence to eternally disappear into nothingness.

It's beyond hellish how we are denied the option of such and are expected to continue delaying the inevitable no matter what even know it's all meaningless in the end. I'd choose to die peacefully far away from other people, if it's up to me I'd wish to erase my existence so it's like I never existed at all.

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
Assisted suicide. I would rather take the pills myself when I felt ready. Having to go to a clinic on a certain date would be too much pressure for me. I would probably chicken out at the last minute with a certain date set in advance.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Assisted suicide for some of the reasons mentioned above. I'd rather take pills when I'm ready. Plus I would want to go somewhere peaceful to die. It would be great to die in a forest under the trees and just let Nature have me back.

B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
Absolutely assisted suicide. I could not hand over the power to someone else especially if i don't know them. I've already lost control of the rest of my life so I feel like I need to be in control of this.