Do you think the human race will eventually colonize on another planet?

• Yes, it's likely

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • No, it's unlikely

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • It's unknowable

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
No, I don't think Earth or the solar system are something unique in the universe.
From the first paragraph I understand that with humans you mean intelligent humanoids, right? Or maybe not even humanoid creatures but living beings that are somewhat similar to us in the sense that they can create complex societies and have reached a similar technological development as us.

If that is the case, I'm not disagreeing with you.
It's possible that we could find societies similar to ours even in our galaxy.

But again, this is all pure speculation.
We can only observe and study evolution on our own planet. Maybe life in other planets is not even carbon-based, and even if it is who knows what creatures might pop up into existence in different worlds. Maybe we couldn't even think of something similar in our wildest dreams.

Assuming the universe is infinite though, somwhere there has to be a planet identical to ours where everything is the same. The opposite should be statistically impossible as crazy as it seems.
So, there may be humans living on another planet. Maybe not in our galaxy, maybe not in our observable universe but somewhere.

A planet doesn't have to be identical to ours for animals or humans to be present. It just have to have air and water. This without assuming animals and humans can exist under other conditions.

And like I said if a living being creates bow and arrows - he's human to me not 'living being somewhat similar to human'. All the other differences are unimportant variations. If you take human imagination manifested in such movies as Star Trek - the only real difference there between humans and 'intelligent non-humans' from other planets is body structure, which I don't think matters. I think it's only intelligence level that is important and qualify you as human. And I think in reality monkey body with arms and fingers is the only body suitable for a highly intelligent being cause the only way to use the intelligence is to assemle stuff. Although having a pair of wings would be nice too.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i hope not. we barely understand our own planet and each other. how can we possibly hope to understand another planet and its inhabitants? not to mention humanity's fucked at this point. we'll most likely end up killing each other before we can colonize some aliens.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
AfraidofEverything

AfraidofEverything

Living in my head
Jun 12, 2020
It sounded like a fun idea back in the day with all the scifi stuff but honestly no. I feel like overall humans are just so destructive and selfish. We can't even take care of the planet we've got.

It sounds awful to say but I like knowing someday humanity will end. Dinosaurs are cooler than humans anyway :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
For some reason, this thread just reminded me of this comic that I found a while ago and I saved it for the lulz:

Jokes aside, I would definitely feel sorry for any wildlife that exists on any other planets that humans try to inhabit. It would be better if humans didn't.

Last edited:
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Either I get my own planet and leave this one, or they leave and get this one all to myself! :tongue:

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, BPD Barbie, Matthias_k and 1 other person
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
That's a hard no. We're a failed experiment and the sooner we're gone the better. I definitely don't want us to get off this rock.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
So we can ruin another planet? No thanks.

• Love
Reactions: mattwitt, puppy9 and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I would like to see the human species migrate to the planet of extinction.