Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
The methods available don't give me that rush of purpose and feeling that a glorious battlefield death would give me. I wish I could've fought alongside Alexander the Great or Cortez when he fought the natives.

Reactions: PreussenBlueJay, LivideLamb and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Yes!

It would have A: made me feel that my death wasn't wasted or useless, B: made me feel like a badass, and C: imagine if I was fighting against several strong opponents, won, and got sniped. I'd have still felt like a winner even if I died in the end.

• Love
Reactions: gottablast888, LivideLamb and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Yes!

It would have A: made me feel that my death wasn't wasted or useless, B: made me feel like a badass, and C: imagine if I was fighting against several strong opponents, won, and got sniped. I'd have still felt like a winner even if I died in the end.
We've been cheated out of an honorable death.

Reactions: Manaaja
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
No man, I wouldn't want to fight with swords and spears, must have been horrible. Modern warfare is more humane in that aspect, at least it's over with quickly usually. Don't like Cortez, although Aztecs were no hippies as well. The reason why Cortez took Tenochtitlan was because surrounding tribes hated Aztecs to the degree they would rather ally with unfamiliar outsiders who brought nothing but death and disease. Alexander wasn't much better, conquering mostly desert for what, to die before he can return back home. Also I wouldn't want to kill anyone even in war, I'm afraid of bad karma like hell.

Reactions: Fragile and LivideLamb
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Absolutely yes! The adrenaline rushing through their veins must have felt like heaven. I would probably die over something small and silly, probably falling off a horse. You feel like a hero and everyone will know you as a hero, and when you'll breathe your last breath on the battlefield, I'm pretty sure you'll feel satisfied.

Reactions: Weebster
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Ah yes, knowing my luck, I would've died from:

-Dysentery
-Trench foot and being eaten alive by rats
-Mustard gas
-Burning oil dropped while I follow my brothers in a pointless war because the King wanted 2 acres of land that was owned by his brother's cousin.
-Starve to death in a cage because I was captured trying to make a peace offering
-Ordered to charge up a hill onto incoming cannonball fire and muskets from an enemy with superior advantage (Pickett's charge)
-Gangrene in a field hospital tent
-Arrow to the knee
-Arrow to the balls or eyes
-Fucking arrows
-Scalped by Indians
-Captured and experimented on (Unit 931)

Yeah...no thanks.

• Yay!
Reactions: emptyjokes, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Alex6216 and 4 others
Kurinoy

Kurinoy

I'm the rain. I'm the moonlight.
Apr 5, 2022
I could have died in riot protests idk if that counts xD

gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
yes i would love to go out as a gangster

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It sounds nice but I doubt I would even get that far since I'm already too cowardly for even modern issues anyway.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I like to fantasize about this sometimes because it would mean my life might have some meaning, but then I remember I am a wimp with an extremely low pain tolerance and, despite my temper, a robust aversion to violence.

A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
No, I wouldnt. Most of the time death in war comes in a very painful manner, if I really didnt care about pain I would have stabbed my carotid arteries and died years ago

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Weebster
Jeannine

Jeannine

Dec 16, 2019
Fug, I daydream about this often but i don't like saying it because I have a heavy attachment to the soldiers and dislike coming off as ungrateful, but as a Byronic-romantic sort i would love to see my end by a grand leader who will comfort me as i pass lol. perhaps one of the world wars or napoleonic, but that's just currently what i'm into