• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Someone would be with you while you do? I would. I think it would be a huge comfort.

also this might be dumb but imagine ctbing with sn while in the tub, with one of those bath pillows and a bucket for vomit next to the tub. I think that would be nice.

S

suicidal257

Nov 24, 2020
I'd love doing so on an "offline meeting" (NHK reference) but such ones are not easy to come by.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
Someone would be with you while you do? I would. I think it would be a huge comfort.
no, i just cant imagine having someone with me when im dying in general
also this might be dumb but imagine ctbing with sn while in the tub, with one of those bath pillows and a bucket for vomit next to the tub. I think that would be nice.
yes minus the bucket of vomit lol. actually a peaceful death for me is listening to the birds chipping as i lay in the woods somewhere

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I think it would be nice to have someone with me but I don't want them to get in trouble either

Reactions: MindFrog
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
no, i just cant imagine having someone with me when im dying in general

yes minus the bucket of vomit lol. actually a peaceful death for me is listening to the birds chipping as i lay in the woods somewhere
True lol. Plus I guess you could slip under the water and drown...so nvm on that.

listening to the birds chirping as you fade away would be nice. And looking up at the trees. Hmm.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
True lol. Plus I guess you could slip under the water and drown...so nvm on that.
i fell asleep in the tub once, another time standing up in the shower and another time with gum in my mouth. im sure youll be fine (i have no idea how im not dead yet lol at least not horribly injured)

Reactions: rabbithole
rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
I think it would be nice to have someone with me but I don't want them to get in trouble either
True. I guess I just mean in an ideal situation. Which I guess in that case I'd be using N with doctors administering it.

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
i fell asleep in the tub once, another time standing up in the shower and another time with gum in my mouth. im sure youll be fine (i have no idea how im not dead yet lol at least not horribly injured)
Lolll oh geez.

I can't actually be in the tub because I have to leave my house to do it so I'll be in my uncomfy car.

Caycee

Caycee

Aug 28, 2018
I would love to have someone with me, or a few caring people. That is probably the main reason I would like a place like Dignitas, though that place seems like an impossible dream. To have an arrangement with the understanding that they leave as soon as it's clear I'm gone, with no evidence of their having been with me. It's a shame our Christian culture demands this kind of behavior, but yes, I would be deeply comforted by knowing someone watched over me as I die. Even a kind stranger.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Oh no, just the opposite. I don't find the idea comforting at all. It would put me on edge, stress me out. I'd probably have some sort of... I don't know the words... performance anxiety? Be really self conscious and maybe feel rushed or judged and afraid of doing it wrong and looking stupid.

I want to be as relaxed as possible and not have that imaginary feeling of inconveniencing someone else in any way. I feel like my thoughts would be too much on the other person, when they should be on myself.

Caycee

Caycee

Aug 28, 2018
Oh no, just the opposite. I don't find the idea comforting at all. It would put me on edge, stress me out. I'd probably have some sort of... I don't know the words... performance anxiety? Be really self conscious and maybe feel rushed or judged and afraid of doing it wrong and looking stupid.

I want to be as relaxed as possible and not have that imaginary feeling of inconveniencing someone else in any way. I feel like my thoughts would be too much on the other person, when they should be on myself.
This post is just utterly charming and I had to laugh. Trying to die and at the same time asking the witness if they want a diet soda, need a pillow, want to watch TV? And performance anxiety. Just priceless. You really should write this in an essay, and I am serious. The second paragraph is, of course, meaningful and possibly an issue. It would not be one for me unless my experience of death became unintentionally dramatic, and that person was forced into the position of having to make some kind of decision that should not be on their shoulders. That would be horrific.

Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
It would probably make me more uncomfortable than anything, particularly if the person gets emotional. I prefer to do it alone. I don't have anyone who is particularly close to me anyway.

• Hugs
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
This post is just utterly charming and I had to laugh. Trying to die and at the same time asking the witness if they want a diet soda, need a pillow, want to watch TV? And performance anxiety. Just priceless. You really should write this in an essay, and I am serious. The second paragraph is, of course, meaningful and possibly an issue. It would not be one for me unless my experience of death became unintentionally dramatic, and that person was forced into the position of having to make some kind of decision that should not be on their shoulders. That would be horrific.
LOL
Yep, welcome to my head! I can totally see it going that way.

All my life I've had this vague fear of looking silly or being bad at things. I don't know where it stems from. I put all the pressure on myself. Nobody has ever laughed at me. So it's totally irrational, and I know that. I've never been able to make myself do things like sing or dance when I'm alone, either. Don't even know if I can.

• Love
Reactions: Caycee
Salvation_

Salvation_

"Please, finish my story."
Nov 25, 2020
It would make me uncomfortable unless we were doing it together.

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
If you mean in terms of a suicide partner, it would definitely ease my mind at the thought of having company. I wish I had a friend who I trust to die together with, but alas it's just a silly pipedream. Once my bus comes I'll be on my own.

Caycee

Caycee

Aug 28, 2018
LOL
Yep, welcome to my head! I can totally see it going that way.

All my life I've had this vague fear of looking silly or being bad at things. I don't know where it stems from. I put all the pressure on myself. Nobody has ever laughed at me. So it's totally irrational, and I know that. I've never been able to make myself do things like sing or dance when I'm alone, either. Don't even know if I can.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx
I think it was Woody Allen who talked about apologizing as soon as he woke up every morning. This could be a long-winded reply that, to me, is all about Western Culture and looking good. It's taken me decades to understand the wonder and delight of mediocrity. It may save my life. On my wall, I have a sign that I made -- it's framed, and it simply says, "Be Ordinary." That fear of being bad at things, etc. is so insidious and sad. We aren't on the planet to please other people. Not one bit. I'll leave it at that, though this could be a book if one doesn't already exist.

Reactions: myopybyproxy