• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
I find myself often idealizing the idea of suicide by gun and I don't know if I do it because of accurate reasons or because of them being inaccessible to me (therefore I can fantasize freely without practical concerns).
I considered all sort of scenarios, from buying an old one and get it fixed, to road tripping around Europe attempting to bribe gun shop owners, to buying one from dark net dealers. The fear of getting caught stopped me every time, but the fantasy is still there.
I think it's also a good method that can be combined with others; for instance to shoot oneself in a lake (and to drown in case of failure to die) or even shoot oneself while having a rope around one's neck.
What are your thoughts on this?

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I don't think I would do it, it's easy to fantasize about shooting yourself, but when you are right there with the gun pointing at yourself, you will find pulling the trigger is much more than just that.
Plus I would like to pray while I'm dying.
Weird, right?

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I'm in the US and I often fantasize about this method always left in the realm of fantasy because of the mess left behind. It's tantalizing to think about though—the hard cold stem of a gun in your mouth, hand on the trigger, and one second to hopeful death.

I dislike the failure rates as cited, as high as 15 percent in some cases.

Cloudstar

Cloudstar

Dancing with Death
Jun 25, 2018
I'm in the UK and the gun laws are very strict so the chances of me doing it are zilch

Reactions: dano6533
Kira

Kira

Same stuff, different day
Apr 27, 2018
There's a ton of guns in my house but I've never really liked guns honestly. I'd also be afraid of somehow failing and I don't think I could get over the fear.

Charles

Charles

Jun 24, 2018
Would do it..altough been to a shooting range recently and all I can say is..to shoot yourself you must have as much balls as jumping off a roof, or etc. It's still, no matter what, the end of a life. We do fear the unknown mostly I believe, not dying, or at least not as much.

AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Yep. My first plan was just to save up enough money just to get a shotgun and just do it in a secluded area. I don't have a car but there's a gun shop not far from me, so I'm not sure how I'd take it back home.

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
I own two handguns and refuse to do it that way. Granted its 90%+ effective, but I've seen enough horrifying videos of people who have survived and I don't want to be one of them. Needless to say, those people were/are far more f***ed up then they were before.

YaYaDr

YaYaDr

Student
Jun 26, 2018
The anticipation before pulling the trigger, the possibility that if you survive it will be with huge consequences, and the gigantic mess it leaves behind are reasons I couldn't do it. Mad props to those who can though. I am so jelly.

Reactions: dano6533 and Samuel
nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
I own two handguns and refuse to do it that way. Granted its 90%+ effective, but I've seen enough horrifying videos of people who have survived and I don't want to be one of them. Needless to say, those people were/are far more f***ed up then they were before.
Wouldn't shooting yourself in a lake, or as I said - with a rope around your neck or maybe even standing at the edge of a bridge (so you can fall afterwards) solve the problem?

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
Wouldn't shooting yourself in a lake, or as I said - with a rope around your neck or maybe even standing at the edge of a bridge (so you can fall afterwards) solve the problem?

I supposed it would. But hell, if you're already at a bridge that is 200+ feet with rock/hard surface underneath, the gun would just be overkill (no pun intended). For me personally I don't think I could ever built up the nerve to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger, no matter how drunk I was. Its already hard enough building up the nerve to walk out to the middle of the bridge I'm going to jump from.

D

Delilah

Jun 14, 2018
I have a gun... good ol 'merica. Too messy for me, not enough time to really be sure I want to die.

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I would get a shotgun and go somewhere deserted to do it in a heartbeat. Some people can do it easily some people can't... if you blow your brains out, how are you going to survive? It shouldn't be possible, I think it depends on the gun you use (the caliber, the place where it will hit you).

All methods require you to have the guts to take a risk. With helium you may leave yourself mentally disabled, with OD you may survive with organ damage (and pain), with jumping you risk losing your ability to walk... that's why I have never taken the final step.

K

KillMe

Jun 13, 2018
I've been shooting at the gun range before and thought about it, but honestly, I'd just be so terrified of failing and being much worse off. This is a terrible method to screw up.

Damn

Damn

Manic - depression
Aug 27, 2018
How often do tourists in America get shot?

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I'd definitely do it. I'm just worried I'll be paralyzed for life instead of dead, not being able to try again.

Kringle's Curse

Kringle's Curse

May 1, 2019
I own several guns so yes that's how I'm goin out

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I think yes, my impulsive nature would lead me to pull the trigger. Jumping or hanging seems a lot harder mentally...

Reactions: Damn
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
What It's Like to Get Shot in the Head
You've posted that link before. Unfortunately, it says nothing about where in the head he was shot.

Given that he was still conscious, and has recovered fully, I would wager that it was a grazing shot. The article notes that he later saw the bullet hole in the car window, and it's well known that a window will deflect a bullet, so I'm guessing the would-be assassin's shot was deflected and the bullet merely grazed his skull --which would definitely hurt, but is an entirely different injury than a well-aimed shot to the brainstem that results in instantaneous death.

Reactions: lynn14
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
You've posted that link before. Unfortunately, it says nothing about where in the head he was shot.

Given that he was still conscious, and has recovered fully, I would wager that it was a grazing shot. The article notes that he later saw the bullet hole in the car window, and it's well known that a window will deflect a bullet, so I'm guessing the would-be assassin's shot was deflected and the bullet merely grazed his skull --which would definitely hurt, but is an entirely different injury than a well-aimed shot to the brainstem that results in instantaneous death.
Ultimately what you said was purely speculation what I said was speculation. Which means you may go out painlessly or you my suffer the worst pain of your life. Don't play Russian roulette with your dignity, it's not worth it. Unless you can point me to evidence that a shot to the brain stem is painless. Which to me sounds ridiculous, but please prove me wrong.

Reactions: lynn14