• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Sounds quick, but I am scared it would just do damage and not succeed.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Sounds quick, but I am scared it would just do damage and not succeed.
Yeah that is the other thing, people have failed in gun shots to the head.

If the brain was so easy to short circuit then why the low lethality at only 82.5% success rate. Granted some of those are shots to the heart, but even still those are a minority. I mean if nembutal had a success rate of 82.5 nobody would bat an eye since it's cost. I think people have a glorified aura around guns because we see people supposedly instantly dying in movies.

CaseFatality7.jpg

Reactions: KnightBlade
KnightBlade

KnightBlade

Waiting for the last tear to fall...
May 23, 2019
Yeah that is the other thing, people have failed in gun shots to the head.

If the brain was so easy to short circuit then why the low lethality at only 82.5% success rate. Granted some of those are shots to the heart, but even still those are a minority. I mean if nembutal had a success rate of 82.5 nobody would bat an eye since it's cost. I think people have a glorified aura around guns because we see people supposedly instantly dying in movies.

CaseFatality7.jpg
Yes, and consider the people who must view and clean up your corpse. What if a child or a close relative sees your body? Do you want them to have that image burned into their mind forever? I have a friend who suffers from PTSD as a result of discovering her father's corpse after he blew his head off when she was a child.

Whatever issues we have that leads us to take our lives, I think it is a bit selfish to leave a gruesome mess for your family and friends to see. It is horrible enough that we left them behind, but to leave a gruesome parting gift as well?

Perhaps I sound hypocritical as I sit here planning my own demise. But, I would rather my family find me curled up in bed from an N or SN overdose than hanging from the ceiling or with my grey matter splattered all over a room from a gunshot.

Still, I understand. It is difficult to find the means to guarantee oneself a peaceful end, but gunshot, jumping, hanging, disembowlment and other gruesome methods should be the last resort.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeJL
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Yes, and consider the people who must view and clean up your corpse. What if a child or a close relative sees your body? Do you want them to have that image burned into their mind forever? I have a friend who suffers from PTSD as a result of seeing her father's corpse after he blew his head off when she was a child.

Whatever issues we have that leads us to take our lives, I think it is a bit selfish to leave a gruesome mess for your family and friends to see. It is horrible enough that we left them behind, but to leave a gruesome parting gift as well?

Perhaps I sound hypocritical as I sit here planning my own demise. But, I would rather my family find me curled up in bed from an N or SN overdose than hanging from the ceiling or with my grey matter splattered all over a room from a gunshot.

Still, I understand. It is difficult to find the means to guarantee oneself a peaceful end, but gunshot, jumping, hanging, disembowlment and other gruesome methods should be the last resort.
Yeah even though I will be using N myself, even I won't do it at home out of respect for family.

Reactions: KnightBlade
KnightBlade

KnightBlade

Waiting for the last tear to fall...
May 23, 2019
Yeah even though I will be using N myself, even I won't do it at home out of respect for family.
I would do the same if I lived with family/friends or had a roommate. Fortunately for me, I live alone and my closest family member lives hundreds of miles away. When I CTB, My local friends will not realize that something is wrong until I stop showing up for work. That should give the N (my chosen method — waiting on delivery) plenty of time to work.

Last edited:
KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
I would, so long as it were something sure to do the job like a shotgun. I'm not entirely sure of the proper angle, but maybe 10-15 degrees up, through the mouth, ought to do it, and with big shotguns they basically spray out a "+4 Cone of "Fuck All Y'All" anyway...

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, absolutely and I still have my method with me. I have practiced a significantly and I have the right placement for the most part. If the day comes again where I'm at my breaking point like back in beginning of March this year, then I may do it. All it takes is circumstance and then a catalyst then I would just do it without hesitation (at least to my knowledge, since I never did an "actual" attempt with this method, only dry firing).

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Unless you can point me to evidence that a shot to the brain stem is painless. Which to me sounds ridiculous, but please prove me wrong.
Nope: no one has come back from a shot to the brainstem to report empirically, so I can't offer that evidence. All I have is the neuroscience theory, and I can't even find the links to that.

So yes, we're both just speculating.

Reactions: crimea_river
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
If I had a gun I wouldn't be here

L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I can't imagine I'd have the courage to pull a trigger. I'm in Ireland anyways, getting a gun is highly unlikely.

Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
It would be my preferred method but not viable in my country. I feel like it's the most straightforward method and most do-able but yeah actually going through with it not sure. A youtuber I admired did that in 2017.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
that's tough. Really hard to say. Pulling just one trigger doesn't sound too hard but it's never really easy. It sure is less complicated than other methods. I'd do it this way if I could.