A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Screenshot 20200610 083727
Let's say something like this.
I've just discovered using office pins as bobby pins to out of a need to keep some very specific strands of my hair out of my eyes.
Googling "manly hair pins" did not produce any valid results.
Alternatively, if you can offer some manly hair pins, by all means, give me links!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Deleted member 14573, ERASED and 7 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
You're lovely :) there are plain Bobby pins out there I can't link on my phone. They've been around since forever, black brown or light for blonde hair.

Just google Bobby pins, or they're usually in any pharmacy or grocery store

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, ERASED, K-O and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
If i saw a guy wearing bobby pins i would smile! Repesct to those that dont give a fuck and do whats right for them no matter what others think

• Love
Reactions: GirlInBlue, ERASED, raindrops and 5 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: strand, K-O and ArtsyDrawer
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
What about head bands? A lot of athletes use sweat bands so it's deffo A Look.

I admire the rhinestone bobby pins very much, though. When I saw your title I expected to see little turtles or butterflies, which could look great too. Go for 'em!
Or ...

I didn't see that it's rhinestones at first, admittedly. I thought it's just a thick metal strip carved into some texture. Now, though, I wonder if I grow the balls to put actual rhinestones on me.

Nah, that's too kawaii. I'm turning 31 soon. Although admittedly I kinda hope it wouldn't look pedophilic if I were to start going to rave clubs and whatnot at the age of, say, 35.

If i saw a guy wearing bobby pins i would smile! Repesct to those that dont give a fuck and do whats right for them no matter what others think
I'd love to genuinely not give a fuck about these people, but for now I need them on my side, unfortunately. If all goes well, soon I will not.

You're lovely :) there are plain Bobby pins out there I can't link on my phone. They've been around since forever, black brown or light for blonde hair.

Just google Bobby pins, or they're usually in any pharmacy or grocery store
I've never seen bobby pins in pharmacies. There's only one place in town that I know of that does. It's more of a Walmart-like place, though, so they're just black.

A short survey of the warehouse showed that it may be unadvised to wear these bobby pins in it, though one guy suggests that if I don't a "pidar" (Russian. I don't know how to translate this. Something akin to "faggot", except way worse) with this new thing I should be fine.

Last edited:
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I love this question!

On the one hand, I know artefacts in themselves have no gender, and so it's ridiculous to not date a man who is wearing bobby pins.

On the other hand, I am brainwashed to think that men who wear artefacts typically associated with women are weird.

Sadly, if I'm being honest, I admit I would have a hard time dating a man with glittry bobby pins in his hair.

Reactions: raindrops and ArtsyDrawer
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Go glittery fuck 'em.

Reactions: Dreamless Sleep, Disintegration, Soul and 2 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I love this question!

On the one hand, I know artefacts in themselves have no gender, and so it's ridiculous to not date a man who is wearing bobby pins.

On the other hand, I am brainwashed to think that men who wear artefacts typically associated with women are weird.

Sadly, if I'm being honest, I admit I would have a hard time dating a man with glittry bobby pins in his hair.
The super glittery ones are not my taste either. I'd prefer a strip of gold or silver tbh. Currently I'm using aluminum... Things... Uh... Office pins?
The kind that temporarily hold some pages together without puncturing them. The problem is getting these fuckers out of my hair.
Hence me asking about actual hair pins as opposed to this.

Reactions: Soul and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
The super glittery ones are not my taste either. I'd prefer a strip of gold or silver tbh. Currently I'm using aluminum... Things... Uh... Office pins?
The kind that temporarily hold some pages together without puncturing them. The problem is getting these fuckers out of my hair.

I mean if a man wore discrete bobby pins to keep his long hair in place, that would be fine. But really sparkly ones like the ones you posted... I don't think I am open-minded enough for that.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and ArtsyDrawer
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I mean if a man wore discrete bobby pins to keep his long hair in place, that would be fine. But really sparkly ones like the ones you posted... I don't think I am open-minded enough for that.
Nah, that's just one of the first results I found on Google with "manly hair pins" iirc.
I didn't even see it's rhinestones, thought it's a thick piece of metal carved to look slightly fancier. Rhinestones are too much.

• Aww..
Reactions: Soul and Epsilon0
vesttigeel

vesttigeel

Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 37143
Let's say something like this.
I've just discovered using office pins as bobby pins to out of a need to keep some very specific strands of my hair out of my eyes.
Googling "manly hair pins" did not produce any valid results.
Alternatively, if you can offer some manly hair pins, by all means, give me links!
to be honest any man wearing these automatically seals the deal

Reactions: The Dark Chaos and Evermore
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Certainly not. But then again, I am not gay and wouldn't date any men.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and ArtsyDrawer
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
FASHION IS ALL ABOUT HUMOR ..
IMG 4934 IMG 4935

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: enjolras, Soul, Brink and 2 others
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
A tiny bit offtopic i guess but here it goes. There is this mushroom guy on youtube, his channel is called "Home Mycology". He loves to paint his nails in all sorts of colours and he often received weird comments about that, but he just said that he likes to do that because he likes to see pretty things and he doesnt care about people that think he is weird because of that. It does not symbolize his sexuality and actually he feels sorry for the people that are weirded out by something like that. I admire his attitude and generally his view on life. Seems like a gentle and loving soul.

I have long hair as a dude, but I had long hair since I was in elementary schoo so I use hairties, also sometime in girly colours for fun. I had a big sister and when i was 5 years old I even wanted to wear only skirts and dresses because I looked up to my sister so much, but I returned to "usual" boy clothes after some months of experimenting according to my mother :D

I think you should go for it, also shows your confidence. I cant tell you if I would date such a man, cause I am not homosexual, but I certainly would date e.g. women with short hair, if that is a fair comparison at all. People who dont date you because of superficial things like that you probably dont want around you anyway!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Soul, K-O and 1 other person
strand

strand

Apr 11, 2020
There are "manly" bobby pins, search for "basic bobby pins" and you'll find many, you can buy a lot for a low price. Although my experience with these bobby pins is that they often get lost and misplaced, so maybe fancier and cuter pins might be handier and easier to find. I always go for cute hairpins and colorful socks, and I personally like seeing them on others too, they bring a smile to my face, so yeah, choose the fancy pins.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Epsilon0 and vesttigeel
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Damn, I wish I still had pictures of me with 18 when I was dressed up as Marilyn Monroe to a theme birthday party of a friend. Fake tits, make up and everything. Some dudes really thought I was a lady from far away. But I had too broad shoulders and back to fool them once they got closer. Fun times.

• Love
Reactions: Soul and K-O
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Damn, I wish I still had pictures of me with 18 when I was dressed up as Marilyn Monroe to a theme birthday party of a friend. Fake tits, make up and everything. Some dudes really thought I was a lady from far away. But I had too broad shoulders and back to fool them once they got closer. Fun times.
mate i went out on POORIM night (the Jewish Halloween) with fake tits on my real ones in Jerusalem! LOL
they DID NOT take that well.. :pfff: good times.. a night to remember.
DRESS UP IS LIFE!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, ArtsyDrawer and any%
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Hah! You remind me of an incident from long time ago.
A long time ago I had very long hair, long enough to reach about half of my back. I shaved it off in favor of brain scans, but regardless, for a long time it was there.
An old man in a Walmart-like store approached me as I was waiting for the cashier to finish with the people in front of me. He said something to his wife before trying to hit on me.
At this point I should note I also had a huge beard.
So I turn to him and with my strongest Russian accent say "tonight I make your dreams come true!"
Poor bastard almost had a stroke and his wife pissed herself laughing! :pfff:
mate i went out on POORIM night (the Jewish Halloween) with fake tits on my real ones in Jerusalem! LOL
they DID NOT take that well.. :pfff: good time.. a night to remember.
DRESS UP IS LIFE!
You can't really expect orthodox Jews to have anything beyond synagogue life, can you? lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disintegration, GoodPersonEffed, faraway_beach and 2 others
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
You can't really expect orthodox Jews to have anything beyond synagogue life, can you? lol
one of them ended up sucking on them so hard!! he made a f hole in the nipnip!!
also in POORIM it is a MITZVA to drink AD-LO-YADA!! drink until you dont know yourself!
the best holiday EVVA!!
it is absalutly mental in orthodox hoods!!

• Love
Reactions: Soul
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
Hah! You remind me of an incident from long time ago.
A long time ago I had very long hair, long enough to reach about half of my back. I shaved it off in favor of brain scans, but regardless, for a long time it was there.
An old man in a Walmart-like store approached me as I was waiting for the cashier to finish with the people in front of me. He said something to his wife before trying to hit on me.
At this point I should note I also had a huge beard.
So I turn to him and with my strongest Russian accent say "tonight I make your dreams come true!"
Poor bastard almost had a stroke and his wife pissed herself laughing! :pfff:

I would have loved to see the stupid look on his face!

Reactions: K-O
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
:pfff:BLESS YOU! LOVE THAT!

What is this movie?
I've researched this scene at least 20 times and loving it more and more every time!

• Love
Reactions: K-O
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
What is this movie?
I've researched this scene at least 20 times and loving it more and more every time!
babe! its SOME LIKE IT HOT :heart: :love: :heart:
CULT CLASSIC! GET ON IT ASAP

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Brackenshire and Oyoy
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I've been thinking as I was walking home from work: can I wear a rhinestone hair pin?
Like, not as a crossdressing thing, not as an attempt to attract gays or anything.

No offense to gays, just not my thing, ok?

I mean, sure, in about 15 minutes I'll be going out to buy a fuckload of plain black ones. According to women's reports, they get lost constantly, and according to men's reports, they end up EVERYWHERE. That's some quantum physics shit.
But can I bring myself to wear a rhinestone one, just like the one in the pseudo-random pic I pulled?
I think I can.

The only people to judge me about it are religious, and for 99.99% of them, I don't give a fuck about what they think. Repulsed? Good, I'm repulsed by their preachy nature. My landlord is part of the ~0.01%, so I do care about his judging. My rent and shelter relies on that.
But otherwise, in a club or a bar full of pseudo-random people within, say, 10km of it, could I wear a shiny rhinestone hair pin?
Frankly, I'd prefer not to because rhinestone is just not my thing. Like, it's too shiny, too glittery. I'd prefer plain silver or gold. But should the need arise, I'm pretty sure I could give no fucks about people who think I'm nothing more than what I wear.

Reactions: Brackenshire and raindrops