Would you want to live?

• Yes.

Votes: 72 62.1%
  • No.

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • I wish to not exist at all. No matter what conditions.

Votes: 34 29.3%

• Total voters
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
All the unfair pain goes away, you're an actual fully functioning human with no complications and are ready to grow and evolve, woud you choose to live?

• Love
Reactions: edu0z, BurgundySnap, Maeve and 4 others
D

depressedteddybear

Jul 30, 2023
Does this include both mental and physical health than yes if only physical no

Reactions: Maeve, Kerrtu and Disappointered
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
Yup. Both mentally and physically :)

Reactions: edu0z, Starry✧・゚Daze, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Yeah I'd live as a young GigaChad with optimal health, it would be amazing.

• Yay!
Reactions: Zebulon, Starry✧・゚Daze and Kerrtu
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Only if I were financially independent.

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, AntHills and WhyWasIBorn
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
All the unfair pain goes away, you're an actual fully functioning human with no complications and are ready to grow and evolve, woud you choose to live?
So there is physical issues for me though minor at this point. My left hand has moderate damage from dupuytren's contracture which given my age likely means other diseases. I'm unclear as to the etiology though having my face severely maimed in an accident didn't help has caused almost a bell's palsy like effect. I have some musculoskeletal issues from being active such as ankle issues, torn labrum in my left hip, etc... Sans those three things I am unfortunately pretty healthy. I am an avid runner and weightlifted for all of my adult life until now.

Mentally there's issues some quite manageable others it depends... My situation is a paradox my depression/suicidality is a product of my environment mostly... Lack of future and past stolen. You can't heal that mentally. I am likely autistic though high functioning. I am not sure I wanted that healed. I think it is who I am and I don't think it is something to be seen as bad. Though the world does. I certainly have no faith in the planet and that's entirely deserved.... How do you heal that? Not really possible. In a sense I am saying there is issues and things that are fixable. Though my situation is such that given the choice I would prefer to not be alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, Starry✧・゚Daze and Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023

This is a good question. I'm torn between "yes" and not wanting to exist at all. There have been points in my life where I've been so close to "turning the corner", only to have those paths destroyed.

There's a small man-made island with a lighthouse and a main house (both small, cozy) for sale in Maine I believe. When I saw the listing I was thinking now that's a place I wouldn't mind living in.

Reactions: Hunter2005, Starry✧・゚Daze and silentcicada
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
if i were on the happy end of the curve in all important respects including happiness in social, romantic and career life then yes, i'd choose to live. but that is not the situation for me and humans, contrary to what some pretend, never actually want equality and inclusion, so my situation has and will continue to worsen. peaceful death for me please, thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
i agree partially with this. i think being 'healthy' nowadays is very hard. even if youre physically healthy, mentally, the amount of people i see who end up developing depression and anxiety later in life is insane. life would definitely be easily, and i think by being healthy finding reasons to keep going would be easier too. but i think regardless of your health and state, life presents challenges.

i always think of this. i had friends, people who were absolutely beautiful. they were attractive, charismatic, witty, and yet theyd be some of the most miserable people id ever met. why is that? i know this sounds crazy but i honestly think there is a part of human nature that likes chaos. i think when things are too good, we honestly try to find problems for ourselves. i know that sounds whack but...

Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
dogtired

dogtired

Jul 3, 2023
Absolutely 100%. My chronic illness (ME/CFS) is the only reason I want to ctb, and "want" is the wrong word there because I actually desperately want to live but can't keep living with such a debilitating incurable illness. If I were healthy suicide wouldn't even cross my mind.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: toofargone6969, Henryk, lifeisbutadream and 4 others
A

aenid

Jul 30, 2023
Yes, a cure would be great.

• Hugs
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, Dead Already and Starry✧・゚Daze
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
As a neurodivergent person being neurotypical is certainly something I am really curious about. Though I would be scared that my personality is entirely my mental illness and that after turning healthy nothing of me is left.

• Love
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, sensation86 and Starry✧・゚Daze
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally don't understand why anyone would prefer existence and I think it's impossible for one to stay "fully healthy" anyway as all humans are destined for nothing but to deteriorate from age and it's inevitable that the functioning of one will decline once they get older, it's just the way that the human body is and the thought of old age disturbs me, I never ever want to get old.

And I would always prefer to not exist as death is the only thing that could bring me true relief from all the suffering and harm that existence causes and in general I just see existing as being unappealing, futile, I'm not really interested in existence and it's not for me, existence is burdensome, I only wish for true peace.

• Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99, Dead Already, drmihilo and 1 other person
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Yes, honestly I would.

But I fear that I'd need a whole new world/planet for this. A world where existence feels purposeful and isn't as cruel as our current one.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Already, MiraiShisen and Disappointered
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
Absolutely 100%. My chronic illness (ME/CFS) is the only reason I want to ctb, and "want" is the wrong word there because I actually desperately want to live but can't keep living with such a debilitating incurable illness. If I were healthy suicide wouldn't even cross my mind.
Same here. I would be in the prime of my life right now without my incurable chronic disease.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Already, MiraiShisen, dogtired and 2 others
HAL 9000

HAL 9000

Heading toward Jupiter
Aug 3, 2023
That dull ache would not cease regardless of the infinite possibilities for sensory pleasure and accolades. The only things that intrigue me are answers to questions we'll never be able to solve due to our limitations as finite beings. Life is absurd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Already and Starry✧・゚Daze
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
I will live for a short while to write my webnovel and finish the project I am working on, but then I will ctb. I see no point in living any longer than that. I live for those things more out of a sense of responsibility more than anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: HAL 9000 and Starry✧・゚Daze
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I consider myself to be very healthy. I goto the gym, work a good job, have good mental health, have a family etc

So, good financial, emotional, physical and mental health.

However, I know deep down life is completely pointless and we all die anyway, so what's the point slaving away?

Reactions: HAL 9000, Dead Already and Disappointered
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
thats my dream, to have same opportunity as everyone else, so yeah I would definitely choose life

Same here. I would be in the prime of my life right now without my incurable chronic disease.
We are facing same problem I feel you my friend I hope after all of this nonsense it will have some meaning why we went through this... if no... fuck this place it should never exist then.
Fell you friend, same here, and exactly my thinking.. I would never even think about ending myself if I would not have this illness... hope it all has some deeper meaning if no then this place is stupid shithole what a pathetic universe then, beautifull yet cruel...

• Hugs
Reactions: dogtired and 020x
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Non existence is heaven, no needs , no pain , no fear , nothing. Peace forever.

We are in hell , here for a very short time satisfying our needs in a decaying body enjoying the little pleasure of life , NOT WORTH IT.

T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
No because my family is the reason I want to ctb. I could be the healthiest person on earth but I still have to deal with them.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Dead Already
BurgundySnap

BurgundySnap

Sick of being sick
Jul 19, 2023
Hello, I think I would like to live. If this is the case.
I feel that, before knowing this disease, I was somewhere healing and I looked forward to things. I feel like my existence was created to serve others, and I can no longer do it correctly. I don't want to die like this after working hard for that mindset of looking forward to something for once. My disease made the world bleak, and it is difficult to have a point in anything.
If I had a chance to become healthy, I think I could have time to see nice things in the world again. Even if the chance is not fully guaranteed, for me, I think it is worth living for.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Already
F

fearandloathing183

Aug 4, 2023
If I could accomplish my impossible goal of being a normal, happy, functioning person that doesn't cry everyday? Yeah, I'd wanna live. I'm only now accepting that it won't happen.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and Dead Already
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I would rather not exist at all. Even though being fully healthy (mentally and physically) would be fantastic, there are always the horrors of aging as our bodies decline over time no matter how healthy we are at any given point. I'd rather not experience such things.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, HAL 9000 and Dead Already
D

Deathisbetter

Student
Jun 3, 2023
Nope rather not exist at all! because I don't have family and eventually something would happen to fuck you up so no fuck life and fuck all the pro lifers who are like life is a gift fuck it all no life for me!

• Wow
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Dead Already
Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
The things that have happened to me in my life, beyond my control, the things I have seen with my own eyes, that put me in the state that I am in and the constant battle to try and overcome them, are definitely the reasons I have chose to CTB.
If those things were somehow magically removed and I felt like I had a fighting chance to make a better life, well it would be all the difference in the world.
Not all problems can be overcome, especially in this day and age when to even ask a question to a QUALIFIED, or caring, mental health worker, much less an Attorney, can costs vast amounts of money.
It gets even worse when you are honest about how you feel and are locked up and labeled instead of being helped in even the smallest way.
To continue to fight the world as is,
Just hurts even more and brings more labels.
"A chance to be truly healthy", it was a nice thought, it even made me smile for just a moment !, it's been so long, oh the possibilities !!!
Back to reality though, just a few more months till my Bus leaves the station.
The fight is almost over, peace will finally come, soon.
So tired, so lonely.
i agree partially with this. i think being 'healthy' nowadays is very hard. even if youre physically healthy, mentally, the amount of people i see who end up developing depression and anxiety later in life is insane. life would definitely be easily, and i think by being healthy finding reasons to keep going would be easier too. but i think regardless of your health and state, life presents challenges.

i always think of this. i had friends, people who were absolutely beautiful. they were attractive, charismatic, witty, and yet theyd be some of the most miserable people id ever met. why is that? i know this sounds crazy but i honestly think there is a part of human nature that likes chaos. i think when things are too good, we honestly try to find problems for ourselves. i know that sounds whack but...
I believe that you are right on point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered and 020x
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes I would love to have had a chance of life but apparently that wasnt for me

• Aww..
Reactions: Disappointered
Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
this topic is very interesting, I saw that some people opted for death precisely because they had physical and mental illnesses and that if it weren't for that they would choose to live, while others, on the other hand, are physically and mentally healthy as far as possible and still want to CTB for an existential question. I'm in the middle of all this, I have a way out of this situation I'm in but I'm too tired to try anything, maybe if things magically work out I'd choose to live

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
No, existence would still be full of suffering. I don't want to exist at all.

Reactions: notverylucid