• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, bad writing ,often missing words
Apr 8, 2024

Saw this "inspirational" tiktok-gunk in my twitter feed again as it seems to get viral every few months and i need to sperg out about it. It's safe to say that many of us here would choose not waking up tomorrow even without the money, but even from a normie-perspective I find this "inspirational" thought experiment incredibly daft. Of course for most psychologically healthy people, the biological drive for self-preservation and continuation of one's existence will trump any hypothetical monetary windfall, no matter how large. There's nothing profound about hypothetically choosing to wake up tomorrow over money - it's simply the default mental setting for anyone not actively struggling against survival instincts. If they'd be asked if either their beloved mother died today or they don't wake up tomorrow, most would choose their own existence, but none would take an "inspirational" boost from the thought that them waking up is more important than their own mother, waking up every morning screaming: "Woohoo, waking up is more important than my own mother, so I LOVE waking up more than my mother" no, it would be desperate act of self-presevation, followed by crying every morning.
I kinda wish these kind of interviews weren't staged, so I'd get to answer them with a counter question: "Would YOU accept 10 million$ with the catch that I, who is a stranger to you, don't get to wake up tomorrow" Turns out my life has a lot less value than 10 million, if I'm not the one making the desicion about it.

If only the time-frame of me getting to enjoy the 10 million would extended to a year, it would add some value to this thought experiment as I will barely manage to cram a lobster-dinner, sourcing high grade coke and orchestrating an escord orgy in that single day and still only got to spend a fraction of that money, but if you'd extent the time i can enjoy the money for a year you'd run into the quandary that many, especially poor, people would choose one year in luxury over a life-time in poverty, and you of course need that "Muh tomorrow" timeframe to be extra-inspirational.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yes, and then bury it all with me so no one else can have it
I would bury it somewhere only I know so my future self in my next life can have it

Last edited:
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
On this site both results are positive so everyone would say yes.

Agree with you this is a way more interesting hypothetical if it's someone else's life on the line who you loved and who wanted to live. That's when the real answers and the answers given publicly start to diverge.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Yeah but I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of money in a day. I suppose I would just give it away and look forward to my death.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Yes, and then bury it all with me so no one else can have it
I would bury it somewhere only I know so my future self in my next life can have it
We only get one of these so by doing that what you're actually doing is giving the funds to an opportunist

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
what about the day after tomorrow, wouldn't you jsut wake up then? Didn't this guy just define sleeping in?

fucking moron

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
On this site both results are positive so everyone would say yes.

Agree with you this is a way more interesting hypothetical if it's someone else's life on the line who you loved and who wanted to live. That's when the real answers and the answers given publicly start to diverge.
Human condition is such that all you have to do to completely corrupt their entire moral character is just give them a large enough amount of money. Anyone who says no is a liar.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim