Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
To me, this is the ultimate metric to determine if you are doing a good job of blending in socially. A parent isn't going to let just anyone babysit their kids, and they're usually very careful about selecting who watches them while they're out and about.

I think 90% of the time the responsibility falls on members of their immediate family, but friends also let friends babysit their kids if they have known them long enough, or if they appear to be independent, responsible, and trustworthy. Teenage girls are also viewed as good candidates, because they are non-threatening, and tend to want to take on caretaker roles.

I know I would fail the babysitter test because I'm slightly autistic, and my conversations with people are stilted and unnatural. And there's enough people around me who describe me as "odd" that I'm automatically out of the selection pool.

Reactions: narval
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No. I cannot be trusted to do anything. I am very forgetful and I struggle with communicating. I have no personality traits that would make someone pick me for this job. I am very impatient. Small children scare me and I am never becoming a mother.

Reactions: hʚll, Cold, Anxieyote and 1 other person
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I've babysat my nephew a looot but I don't think that counts. Other than him, I wouldn't really voluntarily associate with anyone that had kids, so, no, that situation would never really arise.

Reactions: hʚll
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Dog Pushing GIF by MOODMAN

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, narval and lofticries
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
No, if they knew a teenth of my backround, no, but it's their loss. I'm great with kids.

• Love
Reactions: motel rooms
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I've had occasional requests but I'd never accept something like that.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I mean I used to have a job where I took care of two special needs children so I don't see why not.

Now having kids of my own....that's another story.

Reactions: anaschariac
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
My aim is to become the kind of person nobody would want to babysit their kids.
Would be so much easier than having to decline their requests every time.

• Yay!
Reactions: hʚll and Anxieyote
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
My aim is to become the kind of person nobody would want to babysit their kids.

You make it sound difficult. Tell them your favorite movie is Cuties on Netflix. And just like that—no more babysitter requests will be coming your way.

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
You make it sound difficult. Tell them your favorite movie is Cuties on Netflix. And just like that—no more babysitter requests will be coming your way.
I mean sure, it's rather easy if you don't care about coming across as a degenerate. But doing it in a way where you still save face is a bit more difficult.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
If people asked me to babysit their kid, I'd call the cops on their irresponsible asses :))

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I don't know anyone, so no.