Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
People have been and are trying to get the laws changed in the US state by state. We now have about 5 that allow assisted suicide but it's still jumping through a lot of hoops, and being terminally ill, to get that. It's taken years just to get this far. So for most of us it won't help us. Still I would move to one of those states if I could even move, physically. I'm trapped and bedridden.

I'm originally from Germany and there assisted suicide is still forbidden. As far as I know, terminally ill patients must travel to Switzerland to receive their right to die. And their case must be approved by hundreds of doctors and other institutions before they can go to Switzerland.

Is there no-one in your life who could help get you to a state or country where assisted suicide is legal?

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
I can see the controversies around letting people with depression have the right to die as the critics would just say it's a 'temporary problem' but I don't understand how anyone can be against assisted dying for the terminally ill(cancer, MS etc) it's so cruel and unnecessary. If I had the misfortune to be diagnosed with MS I would have to suffer for months/years losing control of my own bodily functions before dying anyway and for what? Why is anyone against it?
As my ultra-religious mother says: "people have no right to simply keep dying".

• Hmph!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I might be willing to attend a right-to-die protest. I imagine carrying a sign reading, "My body, my choice," as a way to parallel euthanasia/ access to suicide substances with abortion, because abortion also deals with killing humans, but it's still legal in many places.

It would be cool if hundreds of suicidal people (plus sympathizers) banded together to protest for the right to die. An organized, peaceful gathering might force the public to recognize at least some suicidal people as rational and mentally competent, rather than all just being mentally ill.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer