• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I was reading through the 'how to hang yourself' megathread and I saw a mention about using neckties, as being an effective ligature to use would anybody advise against this? If I was to go ahead with this plan I'd likely use one of those pull up bars, you install in a door frame. I weigh 10 st 11 btw so I'm quite light. And I'm 6ft 2.

Last edited:
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Hey. A necktie is generally not recommended. Usually people go with rope. Neckties and belts seem to snap quite often for people.

I'm here if you need to talk at all. I wish you happiness.

Edit : Like not-2-b-the-answer said, robbin Williams did use a belt...Generally if you're on your knees leaning forwards against the door, the weight on the belt/rope is much less than if you're back is against it in the sitting position, or if you're standing up. The kneeling facing the door position is said to usually not be good.

Please think long and hard about this before attempting. Be very careful. Ensure you're alone for an hour or more if possible(from when you pass out) There is high risk of brain damage if you fail(usually due to being "saved" by someone that finds you). I'm talking quadriplegic risk. There was a guy in the uk that had this happen. He couldn't blink or move his eyes for about 2 years. I think that right now he can only blink(maybe move his eyes?). They took a while to realize that he was trying to communicate and had to get an $8,000 communication system. He is in HELL.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
K

Kornyboyo

Student
Aug 7, 2019
Rope the size of your finger is ideal.

Reactions: akrasia and not-2-b-the-answer
jecamole

jecamole

Feb 14, 2020
A neck tie worked for me, when I practiced, but I was going for partial hanging not full suspension, so I guess it depends on the method of hanging you choose?

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I have to agree with posters who have suggested using a rope. I did read that Robin Williams did use a belt but I still feel rope would be better, if you are truly determined to go through with this.
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that your circumstances have brought you to this but I do understand, since I want to die as well.
I hope whatever you choose that you can find peace. :hug:

Reactions: theguineapigking
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Hey. A necktie is generally not recommended. Usually people go with rope. Neckties and belts seem to snap quite often for people.

I'm here if you need to talk at all. I wish you happiness.

Edit : Like not-2-b-the-answer said, robbin Williams did use a belt...Generally if you're on your knees leaning forwards against the door, the weight on the belt/rope is much less than if you're back is against it in the sitting position, or if you're standing up. The kneeling facing the door position is said to usually not be good.

Please think long and hard about this before attempting. Be very careful. Ensure you're alone for an hour or more if possible(from when you pass out) There is high risk of brain damage if you fail(usually due to being "saved" by someone that finds you). I'm talking quadriplegic risk. There was a guy in the uk that had this happen. He couldn't blink or move his eyes for about 2 years. I think that right now he can only blink(maybe move his eyes?). They took a while to realize that he was trying to communicate and had to get an $8,000 communication system. He is in HELL.
Yeah I don't know if I have the guts to attempt this now. I don't feel confident i could get it right and i probably would become a vegetable and badly crippled. I think I'm gonna read more into SN. The only issue is I'm in the U.K and I've heard that some people have had police come to there door to confiscate it, as on the U.K government website it is listed as a poison. One person on this forum mentioned that in a post. What was even more messed up the cops laughed when he told them he uses it to cure meat and said we know you're lying.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Is it urgent? Then I would rather use a properly tied bedsheet, or better still several of them. I would use neither a pull up bar nor a necktie. Use something proper if at all possible.

Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
Hey when I was testing I found a belt worked but I only tested for partial suspension and didn't do it for too long as it was only a test so it might still snap

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Is it urgent? Then I would rather use a properly tied bedsheet, or better still several of them. I would use neither a pull up bar nor a necktie. Use something proper if at all possible.
Yeah unfortunately for me there isn't anything in my house I could hang myself on. Other then if I got a pull up bar and installed that in the door frame, since they can sustain a lot of weight.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah unfortunately for me there isn't anything in my house I could hang myself on. Other then if I got a pull up bar and installed that in the door frame, since they can sustain a lot of weight.
okay the pull up bar is the lesser problem. You might want to test it by hanging on it and swinging around a little bit or make yourself heavier than you are. Just test it really well. But don't use a necktie please

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
okay the pull up bar is the lesser problem. You might want to test it by hanging on it and swinging around a little bit or make yourself heavier than you are. Just test it really well. But don't use a necktie please
Yeah I sort of knew from the get go it was a stupid idea. As to me something like a necktie doesn't seem strong enough. I just wanted to ask because I was shocked to see it was mentioned on the mega thread.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
I tested partial suspension on the side bar of a radiator I had to almost a plank since it was so low down.