• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
When and how do you think it'll happen?
My best guess is the boring cliche answer that it'll be whenever AI goes rogue and decides to nuke humanity. There may still be some survivors hiding out in shelters but there's no way they'd last longer than about 35 years. As for when exactly that would start, no idea. Maybe it could be tomorrow, maybe AI will wait hundreds of years to get us comfortable with it first.

Another possibility is maybe humanity jumps the gun and annihilates itself even earlier through nuclear warfare due to mundane geopolitical conflicts.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
No. Because most people actually enjoy life.
Yeah, but people are detrimental to the planet. We consume all of its resources and cause climate change and extinction of animals. Every few seconds, another species goes extinct. If you consider the planet first, it would be better off without us. The planet really has no need for humanity.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah, but people are detrimental to the planet. We consume all of its resources and result in climate change and extinction of animals. Every few seconds, another species goes extinct. If you consider the planet first, it would be better off without us. The planet really has no need for humanity.
The planet also has no need for the plants, animals, or even the atmosphere that dwells on it. It's just a big ellipsoid with layers of rock that is pulled along space by a giant ball of gas. It doesn't have the consciousness to care about resources or even its own climate. Even if humanity were to go extinct there's no guarantee some other, more ruthless species wouldn't simply rise up. Maybe those guys would actually have their act together and master space travel to start terrorizing the Galaxy.

All of the shitty things humans do only really affects other humans. We only care about plants and animals because we use them for our own benefit whether it's to consume, pamper, or study them for our own amusement. The climate only matters to us because we have to live in it. If we were gone nobody would be around to care how hot or cold it is. Whatever species are left alive after that would eventually be fully adapted to extreme hot or cold temperatures anyway.

That said, it would be funny if we could actually get everyone with enough influence to agree on something and it's extinction.

Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
I believe it will become extinct involuntarily, look at how the economy, industries and politics work, they always throw dirt on whoever comes after.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Better for whom? And- how would we enforce it?

Yes- I think it would be better for the planet if we weren't on it or at least- if there were a few billion less of us. The problem is enforcing it. Will people accept that they can't have children or they can only have one? I doubt it. People see it as a right. So then- it's forcibly sterilising people or killing babies.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's impossible to say as there's just too much scenarios that can happen if humanity were to be extinct. What if humanity is the reason that a greater evil has not yet emerged onto this planet? It's unlikely due to the harm that humanity is causing but who knows.

I don't think that all humans should voluntarily choose to be extinct but I do think that people should have a right to a peaceful death if they wish to not participate in this world

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
All species will go extinct once the Earth moves outside of the habitable zone by the sun increasing in energy output. So in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Eventually, Mars would become the new 'Earth' as it moves toward the center of the sun's new habitable zone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What would be the benefits?

We wouldn't know anything howa world is without humanity in the future as we'd not be there anyway. We'd also not be there to ask this question.

Evolution will go on - in a different way.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Why not?
All species will go extinct once the Earth moves outside of the habitable zone by the sun increasing in energy output. So in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Eventually, Mars would become the new 'Earth' as it moves toward the center of the sun's new habitable zone.
View attachment 133905
Do you think that humans will move to Mars?
Better for whom? And- how would we enforce it?

Yes- I think it would be better for the planet if we weren't on it or at least- if there were a few billion less of us. The problem is enforcing it. Will people accept that they can't have children or they can only have one? I doubt it. People see it as a right. So then- it's forcibly sterilising people or killing babies.
It would be better for the planet and the other species who live on it as well. Most people only think about people/humanity and forget that this planet is the home of animals too. We could enforce it by having everyone realize that humanity is detrimental to the planet, and that it would be better if we were gone. However, this is way too idealistic. It's just an idea that will never be implemented in reality because humans are too selfish to abstain from procreating. They only want to fulfill their own wants and desires at the expense of the planet and other people. Humanity going extinct would be the ultimate altruism, and humans are too selfish to ever be altruistic in this way

Last edited:
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No - not in most instances.

The only way I think that humanity should voluntarily go extinct is if enough people chose to end their lives, so much to the point that it would push the species into decline; the reason I think this is because if things are so bad that the majority of individuals decide to leave then perhaps our species would deserve to go this way. This hypothetical situation will probably not happen though, and considering that the majority of people alive right now seem to want to stay alive then extinction would be unfair to everyone who wants to try and enjoy their lives. I am pro-choice; not pro-death.