• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

dggtscccvfd

Arcanist
Jun 1, 2023
It's technically available for people for any reason in Switzerland, but just very difficult for mental health reasons. Statistically, ~3% of their assisted suicides are for depression.
It's almost impossible to get permission for mental health reasons if you aren't Swiss!

H

hematomatema

Feb 29, 2024
So it just leaves crude DIY methods for the rest of us and somehow they think this is humane.
To be fair, they limit it mainly due to the levels of people coming to the country solely to CTB. If they permitted more people, I'm fairly sure governments would take note of that and relations could deteriorate. I doubt any countries like the UK would be pleased if they saw hundreds of their citizens undergoing assisted suicide in a whole other country. In fact, I'm fairly sure there are companies allowing individuals from other countries to go through the process, I just think you have to get Swiss citizenship first before being eligible, so you'll probably have to naturalise first.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
To be fair, they limit it mainly due to the levels of people coming to the country solely to CTB. If they permitted more people, I'm fairly sure governments would take note of that and relations could deteriorate. I doubt any countries like the UK would be pleased if they saw hundreds of their citizens undergoing assisted suicide in a whole other country. In fact, I'm fairly sure there are companies allowing individuals from other countries to go through the process, I just think you have to get Swiss citizenship first before being eligible, so you'll probably have to naturalise first.
All countries should make assisted suicide legal

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
So it just leaves crude DIY methods for the rest of us and somehow they think this is humane.
Literally. This doesn't make any sense. Because assisted suicide is illegal, people have to resort to DIY methods instead. I can only think that the governments hate us and want to keep us alive against our will

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I am unaware of any quota or limitation on how many foreigners are assisted. Based on what I can find, at least 60% of Dignitas (probably even more for Pegasos) are non-residents, Germany being the main country. Dignitas, from its inception (2000), made their doors open for foreigners with the same criteria as residents, every person is evaluated on their merits. Exit does provide more, and they do NOT accept foreigners. Taking that into account, I'm guessing about 20% of Swiss assisted suicides are foreign residents. What may limit the numbers, perhaps, is the logistics and cost of getting through the application process and of making the often arduous trip to Switzerland, especially if you're physically compromised. About the same number of DIY (unassisted) suicides in Switzerland each year. Similar reasons/complaints/diseases for both, the exception being "depression": 55% for DIY versus 8% for assisted. That reflects the difficult hurdle of the legal requirement to be of "sound mind." And finally, Dignitas spent 154,000 Swiss francs last to reduce their fees or make their services free for those who could not afford it. Which probably covered 10 to 20 people. This is somewhat covered by 124,000 Swiss francs in donations.
What IS impossible is to just show up at their door expecting to get an immediate assisted suicide. You do have to do the leg work.

• Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
forced2live

forced2live

Forced2live
Aug 15, 2022
It's available for deep mental pain in Belgium and the Netherlands, but unfortunately not for foreigners!
In Belgium they offer Euthanasia to foreigners with mental Illnesses
True
It's technically available for people for any reason in Switzerland, but just very difficult for mental health reasons. Statistically, ~3% of their assisted suicides are for depression.

Reactions: davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I could get a European passport because of my mother's French nationality . So I'd be a holder of an Australian passport with Australian citizenship and have a European passport . Would I be eligible to use the Belgian euthanasia laws if I got a European passport or is it only for Belgians?

forced2live

forced2live

Forced2live
Aug 15, 2022
I could get a European passport because of my mother's French nationality . So I'd be a holder of an Australian passport with Australian citizenship and have a European passport . Would I be eligible to use the Belgian euthanasia laws if I got a European passport or is it only for Belgians?
You can be a foreigner and still apply for Euthanasia in Belgium for either terminally illness or mental illnesses.
Please, keep me updated with your journey. I'm trying to get euthanized aswell

Reactions: Soy un perdedor
H

Hotsackage

Wizard
Mar 11, 2019
Canada in 3 years, but they'll probably delay it again