• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Everyone who speaks German will know with such a title a thread only can be high quality. This video is a classic. When I was back in school this was very viral.

It is a young German gentleman who celebrates having the weekend for his own free from duties and work. And I relate to it for me tomorrow is my free day. My brain sometimes is stuck on viral moments, or situations I experienced, or videos I watched. I just repeat them a thousand times in my head and they can trigger very deep emotions. I think that is pathological. This video is quite old though and the major hype is over now. But I think SaSu is a good place to introduce this video to an international audience.

This young poet in the tradition of Goethe, Hölderlin in the language of Kafka and Nietzsche shares with us his moments of pure hedonism. His aphorisms in a concise shape capture the pleasure of heading home after an hard day of work. He will enjoy drinking some beer and try to forget all the sophisticated abstract concepts he battles with at work. (to be honest it is kind of smug of me to put it like that but I am already running out of jokes)

So to ruin the joke I will have to explain it. The title is very hard to translate word by word precisely. He just screams that he will get heavily drunk that he fucking hates his ("fuck all this fucking work" something like that "I become nuts")

I honestly ask myself which employer wants to hire someone like him. Maybe the employer has to live under a rock. Glad for him Germany runs out of workers. But a wreck like me hell no. Noone would employ me.

I think not a few people have watched this video on repeat several hours without stop. In American TV series I have often heard the joke all Germans would speak like Hitler. Always shouting, yelling, extremely rude etc. I could imagine Gerrmans tend to be rude in comparison with citizens from other countries. But we usually don't speak like that. Actually many people laugh at Hitler how he spoke because it is so utterly ridiculous in the present time.

Okay to make this thread even more weird. I will add another viral German youtube video. I first noticed it in a German satire show which is very popular. All my friends know this clip and we already discussed it a lot.

This happened on Shrove Tuesday something similar to carneval in Germany. I don't want to waste time for research how to explain it. This happened 1973. There is a comedia on stage who tries to make a joke. He shouts "Zicke zack zicke zack" and the audience shouts back "hoi hoi hoi". This is typical in sports for example. At soccer. It is an interaction to motivate the other side. And the dynamic is reinforcing. But then he makes the joke. After repeating "zicke zacke" with the right response he suddenly screams "Sieg" and the audience responds "Heil". Which is the nazi salute. He and the audience are completely shocked. He seemingly never expected the whole audience would give exactly this answer. He is shocked as you can see and says something like "... I can't believe there are so many comrades (reference to soldiers) gathered this evening". I think when this happened this was a big scandal. But it is a proof how deep rooted the propaganda was in the people who experienced that time.

So I wll add a further note. In Germany there are still like a handful over roundabout 100 years old people who actively participated in the holocaust. And there is a debate whether it really is the right thing to drag them to court. These people were brainwashed at a very young age. And it is probably a mechanism of self-defence to deny that you were part of such a despicable crime against humanity. But this actually is way too off-topic.

I just noticed it might be little bit weird to talk about genocide in a thread with this title. But I am exhausted. Don't gawk at me like that....oof. This week was pretty hard to swallow. And it will get a lot worse probably the next weeks.

In general another thread about good old Germany.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Bump I put a lot of work in this thread and I think the German title makes it unattractive for average lurkers/members

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
(I'm writing in English so non-Germans can understand too btw if they are interested in reading this.)

I only ever watched that "Heil" clip by Buchardt. It was funny to say the least but telling. Many people back from WW2 were still alive back then. "So viele alte Kameraden noch hier" or something. True. My mom was born in 1973 and met so many older men that were mean to her as a child and they were older former nazis and had that mentality.

Personally I don't think it's necessary to put the last 100 holocaust perpetrators up on trial because they are likely in their mid-to-late 90s anyway or even over 100 years old. If they weren't convicted previously it should be blamed on previous authorities inability to weed out former fascists when their crimes were still more recently gone by.

But about the drunk guy yelling. Yeah I've seen so many videos of drunk Germans yelling but drunk people in general yelling over the years. And in real life too. The point of Germans sounding more aggressive apparently than people from other countries or being rude. True we mostly don't yell all the time but German culture appears rude to others because Germans tend to be very direct in what they think without sugar coating it much.

Directness can and is interpreted as rude by many other cultures. But I swear to hear Slavs swear the most out of all people on Earth by that metric. But Germans do not swear all the time either. The way I see it I've come to appreciate holding your opinions back and being more indirect as more and more a good thing. To uphold "social harmony" by being polite and quiet.

The Asians overdue this to the point of self-denial in my opinion and I guess that's point but I'd definately kill myself way earlier if I lived in a place like Japan. That'd kill my soul despite my username indicating my fondness of the country history it's not a culture or cultural sphere I could ever make peace with if I were to live there.

Despite this I don't like German culture and society all that much but I'd rather be bothered with own set of problems in this country than also the ones of the rest of the world because even if it's shit it's my own shit and I will die in that shit. Sorry the vulgarity at the end.