N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think money does not guarantee happiness but if you barely have any of it this causes a lot of problems. I think I cannot work and poverty will lead to my suicide. I recently read an article on welfare and it sounds so horrible. I won't survive that.

I am always so disciplined at college many show me respect for that. Though the truth is I have way too severe OCD in order to hold a job. The tiny remaining hope gives me more life quality and it calms my family. I don't know any way out of it I play for time and hope for a miracle or that I die in an accident or something like that.

I am lower middle-class. Compared to other people I am saving more money though welfare is way too low. Recently I rewarded me for my good grades but it feels shallow. I think in the end all my attempts will be in vain. I feel empty and sad when I think about my future.

I can enjoy certain hobbies of mine but without money I barely have access to them. It is so cynical and cruel. When I see how other people do way less than me but they get a job, a partner and a life to enjoy.

Why am I doing all of this? One therapist recommended me just to give up. I think my life quality would be even worse this way. Moreover I try to act in front of my mom as if everything was okay. She had a stroke and since then I have to show a facade. I think my family is fucked beyond repair. Me and my sister cannot work. This family is not used to poverty this will be bone-crushing.

The things I bought myself induced some happiness. Probably because I saved money for it and I had the desire for these things for a long time. I have some good friends. I think seeing them finding partners, being financially independent living happy lives will make me pretty jealous. Poverty is always relative so your peers and the people you compare yourself to matter.

Honestly I am so sick of all of this. I try so fucking hard to find a way to live but the chances are so low. Misery, resentfulness, anger, shame and suicide awaits me. And while fighting against the odds people admire me for these fucking useless grades which I only have because I have OCD related to studying.

My hobbies really give me some life quality. But without money playing video games and reading the magazines I like will become pretty difficult. I am so desperate but I know I cannot change the outcome I can only try my best.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: immrw, hungry_ghost, epic and 4 others
Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
Despite all of this you are lucky to be able to afford college; you're in a way better situation than most people on here (myself included). I think you're underestimating yourself based on your OCD and there is a lot of room and potential to move forward in your life. From what I've learned, there's a lot of resources available for college students, so just try something, anything before you shut the door on your potential.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Csmith8827
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just true that there could never be anything fair about existing in this world, some people are just luckier than others and it's undeniable that a lack of money is a way to cause people to suffer more. This world certainly is such a hellish place.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, unnormal9 and Rogue Proxy
Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
It's definitely true that without money, you are dunzo, and even trying to make it is difficult as well. I'm still broke as hell but thats really cuz I just stupidly wasted it all on books. But considering you're at college, you got some opportunities to make money during and after as well :D idk what but thats why the internet is here :P we just gotta apply the labor

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
This is true, as SN and/or Inert Gas/ Exit bag costs quite a price. My meds not covered by insurance also do.

E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Without money you cannot even distract yourself traveling for example if you live with pain

Y

yasumi

Apr 17, 2023
Being unemployed or only working 2-4 hours a week, I feel like no one would want to date me because I'm so dysfunctional and can't afford anything

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
The Buddha had it all as a wealthy prince, money and women, before he became the Buddha. Even marriage and a son couldn't satisfy him. All the money in the world won't stop ageing, death and decay.

Reactions: Homo erectus