Will you post a goodbye thread?

• Total voters
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
As for me personally, I won't be posting one. But I want to see the community's responses.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Deadfrogwalking, Adûnâi and 3 others
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
I can't imagine anybody caring enough to even read it. That's just my experience in life.. people not caring what I have to say or how I felt about anything. Honestly the only thing people ever cared about when it came to me is how I looked. When I looked good people let me know how good I looked and when I didn't you better believe they made sure to remind me how bad I looked. This includeed my so-called friends.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Deadfrogwalking, floralheaddress and 13 others
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
part of me wants to, but i suppose if i'm having the thought of "this really feels like the end" then maybe its not quite my time yet since... it would be the end, i think i'd like to make one though

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking, Adûnâi, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
DandiFynalicious

DandiFynalicious

Existence is Pain
Dec 18, 2023
Probably not.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Deadfrogwalking, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I will.

It serves me the purpose of sticking to my gut feeling of wanting to ctb as well as lets people know what happened to me so that nobody wonders why I haven't posted/spoke in chat for a while. I've found the unknown to be painful.

• Hugs
Reactions: logi3535, Deadfrogwalking, breezeboy and 5 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes, I will be leaving a scheduled thread to be posted a few days after am gone. It feels rude to just up and disappear.

Reactions: Deadfrogwalking, breezeboy, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Nortu

Nortu

Longing for an ending
Apr 7, 2023
I'll consider doing it but I'm not certain yet. I'm likely to ask a bit before if its of interest due to my method not being widely used on here, so it could serve as help if anyone consider going Out the same way

Reactions: Deadfrogwalking, Praestat_Mori, boddibo and 1 other person
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I'd like to give people certainty about my death if I die. So that they're not left wondering forever.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds, boddibo and 2 others
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
I can't imagine anybody caring enough to even read it.
That's how I think too. But if you or anyone else posted one, I would read it. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking, Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
No thread for me. I will make a short and sweet profile post alluding to my end. I will leave my real identity with someone I trust (if I ever find someone again), and I will either tell my family to reach out to that person to let them know. Or I will try to tell the trusted friend prior to ctbing.

I think closure/knowing for certain is important for those I am friends with. But I'm not worth an entire thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking, Praestat_Mori, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What about the "unsure" option?

Idk whether I should post a live-GBT bc I'm worried that even if I was sure about the fact that CTB is the way to go I might reconsider my decision after receiving a lot of kind messages.

:-(

To avoid this it'll be most likely a scheduled thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and breezeboy
Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
I would be tempted to sneak in a goodbye comment in some method thread or something, but a full thread feels like a bit too much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, I'm not really important enough for a goodbye post. I know nobody here and nobody knows me here. I'm irrelevant

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic and Deadfrogwalking
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
Probably not. I don't know anyone here that well, I have nobody here that I feel obligated to say bye to.

• Hugs
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
No, I prefer to leave this world silently.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, if I had access to a reliable and peaceful method I wouldn't have any need for this site. I only use this site as a place to vent about how I'd always prefer to not exist yet I feel trapped here as suicide is inaccessible.

• Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, Fall_Apart, Deadfrogwalking and 2 others
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I don't quite know yet to be honest like I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me but at the same time I just want to get my final message or words out there.

Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and _RustyLeaf321
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I did. I feel a bit silly still being here a month after having done so.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Unlikely. I don't feel more than a stranger on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Deadfrogwalking and Runa
_RustyLeaf321

_RustyLeaf321

Nov 28, 2023
I want to describe all of my journey till the end as it can may help ppl in the future,hope i'll post it soon

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I might, if I were to ctb. Not sure if I really want to, although I do inch closer day by day. I wanna wait until after college because MAYBE I'll find a lot of joy in graduating and finding a job and making my own life.

If that doesn't pan out very well (unable to find a job, or dissatisfied with job and life in general), then I'll probably CTB and if I'm still on the site, I'll probably make a post.

I'm not completely confident that even with a goodbye post, if I could completely follow through as my method of choice is rather violent and the finality of it scares me (firearm).

Runa

Runa

Jan 15, 2024
If I knew more people here I probably would, but I plan on going in a couple months and I don't believe that's enough time for me to really establish a relationship strong enough with the userbase for me to want to leave one.

• Hugs
Spades

Spades

he/him
Jul 7, 2023
Probably not as I won't be writing a note for my loved ones, so it wouldn't make sense for me to write something here either.

And while I do appreciate this community, I've accepted that I will die alone without so much as an ounce of comfort in a pool of my own vomit.

It would also be incredibly embarrassing to write a heartfelt goodbye only to survive.. I've had that happen before and I shrivel up like a raisin everytime I think about it.

I'd rather not have that happen again tbh.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I will because I want to update those who have followed my journey so far. I want them to see my final view and get confirmation that I ctb and didn't just disappear since my posting is random even though I lurk a lot. If no one reads it or replies that's best case scenario but it doesn't hurt for people who might be curious to know.

There's a whole section asking about members who haven't been heard from too and if someone was to ever ask about me I'd feel better if they could read my goodbye thread. You just never know who likes your presence on this site.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and Adûnâi
Maeve

Maeve

The screaming never stops
Jul 17, 2023
Id like to but honestly im not shure if i wand the friends i made though sasu to have to read along

• Love
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and Adûnâi
throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
I will. It'd be motivation to actually go through with it.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
This suicide forum isn't really a community for me. I'd feel like a lost fraud. I still voted "Yes" because I would just write it on my Substack blog which nobody reads, like a bottle thrown into the sea. And of course I would archive it on the Wayback Machine & archive.vn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadfrogwalking and BlackMoon
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
Nobody will give a fuck about my death, even here. It would be stupid from me to do a goodbye thread for people who will forget me one hour after.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Fall_Apart, logi3535 and 3 others
D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
As much as I appreciate the openness and support on Sa.Su.,
No I will not post a goodbye thread, only because the responses would just make those final hours harder, obviously everyone is different, and most of us respect that, for me it would just hurt more as people I don't even know wished me well, peace on the journey and my mind played out "friends that could have been scenarios" or tried to make one last connection in some kind of guilty feeling, self pity or panic mode.
I have had enough time to think real hard about this, in my situation, I know I want to have a partner, I don't want to die alone.
In trying to find a partner I've met some really good people, I'm still here and had some of my best days because of one in particular, the partnership having not worked out but still the intense feelings and emotions of getting to know someone intimately at hyper speed and the pain of losing them when an end together was un reachable, ever present. Wouldn't want to read a post in those last hours from them or feel like I failed them even more by reaching the goal before them knowing the interpersonal things I do about them. In the end, the final moments, we all have to take responsibility for the action we pursue to actively end our own lives, whatever the reason, in my opinion, focus should be on myself and my partner, not reading or answering posts or having that focus pulled on a goodbye thread.
Not selfish, just practical.

• Love
Reactions: logi3535 and Adûnâi
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Yes i will try to gather as most information as possible on the method i choose , i will give my password to my best friend to confirm im dead. He will be ok with that.