user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
ok so there is absolutely no way for me to get meto or any prescription antiemetic. after browsing the forum i saw someone say that dramamine with the active ingredient meclizine could be used. i'm attaching the picture so you can see the kind i got. will this work? and how should i take it? do i follow the same program and timing as stans guide or is it different?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
Pretty sure you need a dopamine antagonist for it to work, at least from what I've read. It seems meclizine is one but I don't know if it's effective enough.

Reactions: Nexuno and Isadeth
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
Pretty sure you need a dopamine antagonist for it to work, at least from what I've read. It seems meclizine is one but I don't know if it's effective enough.
yeah i've heard it's an option but surely not as effective as the other ones
from wiki:
"Meclizine also is a dopamine antagonist at D1-like and D2-like receptors[citation needed] but does not cause catalepsy[note 1] in mice, perhaps because of its anticholinergic activity.[20]"
meto is just D2 receptors i think so i'm unsure. but even if it doesn't help it cant hurt right?

Last edited:
L

life-eternal

Student
Nov 11, 2020
same situation as me. I only have access to Meclizine so that's what i am going to take.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
No, you need dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide.

There are others such as domperidone and prochloroperazine but they have some downsides that make them second choice. The strongest antiemetic is prochloroperazine however it has a much higher chance of causing extrapyramidal symptoms. Domperidone is weaker than metoclopramide and there is some evidence of increased chance of vomiting when using it.

Reactions: Nexuno
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
No, you need dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide.

There are others such as domperidone and prochloroperazine but they have some downsides that make them second choice. The strongest antiemetic is prochloroperazine however it has a much higher chance of causing extrapyramidal symptoms. Domperidone is weaker than metoclopramide and there is some evidence of increased chance of vomiting when using it.
Thank you,I've recently considered looking into this,and I'm still thinking and "ingesting" lol information