• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
2 days I attempted to hang myself. It was the very last thing I ever wanted to do, ever. I am in so much pain.

It was a partial. I blacked out within seconds. And then all i knew was i woke up On the floor with a jolt, scalred shitless, in shock.

for the grace of God, the dressing gown cord had snapped.

I'm ok as in no effect on the brain.

however, I took out a pushup board as i fell- its taken a huge chunk out of my forehead. I am telling people I slipped and hit the corner of a desk.

the most concerning things- and this is the reason for my post- you can still clearly see A red line round one half of my neck where the dressing gown cord was.

I am so so so worried that this line is permanent. I dont want to die and I dont want to try again. But I cannot live with a clear red line on my neck. I am 52 years old and have 2 kids. I cannot let them or anyone know.

can someone, anyone, please give me advice (specifically) on how likely this mark is to be permanent.

its only been 2 days, but it doesn not seem to be getting any less.

litagutire was dressing gown, soft.

Do you think there's a reasonable chance these red marks will fade and if so, roughly how long does it take.

thank you

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoneMisery, whywere, OldDrummer and 3 others
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
Sorry this happened to you. I think the marks will definitely fade, the time will be determined by your own heal rate. As long as you didn't break the skin it should heal fine. Again sorry you're going through all this right now.

Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Sorry this happened to you. I think the marks will definitely fade, the time will be determined by your own heal rate. As long as you didn't break the skin it should heal fine. Again sorry you're going through all this right now.
Thank you so much for your reply. Is there anyway to post a pic of the mark? Ovbsiouly cropped to not show face

Thanks

• Hugs
Reactions: odradek
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Is it a laceration or an indentation?

I would go ahead and get silicone dressing for wound healing. Moisturize lightly and wear sunscreen on it. If it leaves hyperpigmentation it can be corrected with skincare products and at worst a light laser. If there isn't an open wound that needs to seal the likelihood of scarring is low. It's likely bruising. It might end up looking worse before it looks better.

Reactions: odradek
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Pretty sure it will fade, probably take a couple of weeks to be totally gone. In the meantime, foundation makeup is your friend, or wear turtlenecks.

Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven and odradek
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply. Is there anyway to post a pic of the mark? Ovbsiouly cropped to not show face

Thanks

I wouldn't post a pic of the mark, just for your own privacy. You're probably really emotional right now right after attempting. Just try to relax, if your neck hurts maybe Google some pain remedies.

A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Taken just now. It happened at 7am the day before yesterday.

Should this not have gone down by now?
I wouldn't post a pic of the mark, just for your own privacy. You're probably really emotional right now right after attempting. Just try to relax, if your neck hurts maybe Google some pain remedies.
Sorry- I had posted just before your reply came in.

Yes,- VERY VERY emotional. Cannot face the resat of my life if this is going to be stuck on my neck

Attachments

• A80DBAC6-73E7-4D19-91D4-7ED66CB8D45C.jpeg
    A80DBAC6-73E7-4D19-91D4-7ED66CB8D45C.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Foresight and Al Cappella
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
You'll be fine, that looks minimal.

Reactions: AnestheticVoid, Ticket 2 Heaven and odradek
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Is it a laceration or an indentation?

I would go ahead and get silicone dressing for wound healing. Moisturize lightly and wear sunscreen on it. If it leaves hyperpigmentation it can be corrected with skincare products and at worst a light laser. If there isn't an open wound that needs to seal the likelihood of scarring is low. It's likely bruising. It might end up looking worse before it looks better.
I thank you so much for your reply- bless you.

Does the pic I posted help?
You'll be fine, that looks minimal.
Bless you, bless you

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OldDrummer, odradek and Al Cappella
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Silicone, moisturize lightly and sunscreen. Don't rub at it or exfoliate it during the initial healing process. Don't pick or peel any scabbing, let it fall off naturally. If you have leftover redness apply a small dab of light retinol every other night in about a months time. Reach out to me anytime if you have questions. I know all about scar prevention/revision.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven and odradek
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Silicone, moisturize lightly and sunscreen. Don't rub at it or exfoliate it during the initial healing process. Don't pick or peel any scabbing, let it fall off narural. If you have leftover redness apply a small dab of light retinol every other night in about a months time. Reach out to me anytime if you have questions. I know all about scar prevention/revision.
Thank you so much.

Reactions: OldDrummer, Ticket 2 Heaven and Foresight
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

Yes,- VERY VERY emotional. Cannot face the resat of my life if this is going to be stuck on my neck
This mark looks like it could be from anything. I wouldn't look at it and think "this guy tried to off himself"

Reactions: AnestheticVoid, Al Cappella and Foresight
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Silicone, moisturize lightly and sunscreen. Don't rub at it or exfoliate it during the initial healing process. Don't pick or peel any scabbing, let it fall off narural. If you have leftover redness apply a small dab of light retinol every other night in about a months time. Reach out to me anytime if you have questions. I know all about scar prevention/revision.
Would Aloe Vera gel help to keep it moist

Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Rd mrks nevr rlly sty rd - mght g/ brwn b4 fadng awy bt nt thnk wll b thre 4evr

A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
This mark looks like it could be from anything. I wouldn't look at it and think "this guy tried to off himself"
With all respect, what else would cause a line like this. And what's not clear in this pic is hpow it then goes up towards my ear.

Attachments

• A457B6D7-B8B3-4BD6-8727-6FD97B489B43.jpeg
    A457B6D7-B8B3-4BD6-8727-6FD97B489B43.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 0
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
It's important that you keep hydrated in the next seven days. Vit D and if you smoke, stop for 7-14 days.

Invent some BS about it being an allergic reaction to some new washing powder/cologne that you've tried.

Or say that you felt an insect there, immediately picked up a ruler and gave yourself a good smack!

I know you're probably paranoid but it really doesn't look that bad or like a rope-mark at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foresight
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
Rd mrks nevr rlly sty rd - mght g/ brwn b4 fadng awy bt nt thnk wll b thre 4evr
Thanks you.

Are we talking Days, weeks, months or years?

Thanks again
The younger you are, the quicker it will heal. S'ok if you don't want to mention your age.

It's important that you keep hydrated in the next seven days.

Invent some BS about it being an allergic reaction to some new washing powder/cologne that you've tried.

I know you're probably paranoid but it really doesn't look that bad or like a rope-mark at all.
Thanks,

Would Aloe Vera help?
The younger you are, the quicker it will heal. S'ok if you don't want to mention your age.

It's important that you keep hydrated in the next seven days.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
With all respect, what else would cause a line like this. And what's not clear in this pic is hpow it then goes up towards my ear.
I'm just giving my opinion. I wouldn't look at that and think that you tried to hang yourself. Not unless it goes all the way around your neck.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Would Aloe Vera gel help to keep it moist
Do you currently use moisturizer? I'm wondering if there's something you already use. I would go for a rinse with water and light soap and seal it with a dab of aquaphor if the wound is open and chapped skin. After a couple days use moisturizer. I use Cicaplast Baume B5 personally. On open skin I use expensive brands, Avene cicalphate was what I used last after a laser procedure. Just don't forget the silicone at night though because that's what is really preventing scarring. I don't predict you'll have any issues, this is mild. You should see me after a good scar revision procedure.

I find aloe vera irritating and have never been recommended it so I don't know about that.
It's important that you keep hydrated in the next seven days. Vit D and if you smoke, stop for 7-14
yes, stay hydrated and eat well. Lay off anything that will prevent natural healing like smoking/drinking. You're going to be okay.

Reactions: OldDrummer
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Dude, I know your mind is racing at 90MPH right now but chillax. It really looks like f*ck-all.

Additionally say that you felt an insect there, immediately picked up a ruler and gave yourself a good smack!

Reactions: Al Cappella, Foresight and WhiteRabbit
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022

I know you're feeling pretty cruddy about it because you know what happened. Others don't. Better still, others won't want to believe that's what happened. I make jokes, which of course may not be your thing. You can make something up—like an itchy collar and you were a little too enthusiastic rubbing. You fell asleep on phone cord. Your cat tried to murder you. Or—simply say you have no idea what happened, you woke up with it. Ppl will accept what you tell them…

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
This also might make you laugh.

Apparently a lot of hospitals have to deal with people with badly burnt left ears.

Why? When they're ironing and the phone rings...well, you can guess the rest!

Seriously, it's a thing.

• Yay!
Reactions: Al Cappella
A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
I'm just giving my opinion. I wouldn't look at that and think that you tried to hang yourself. Not unless it goes all the way around your neck.
Thank you . Apologoes- just panicing. And the whole in. My forehead is horrendous.
Do you currently use moisturizer? I'm wondering if there's something you already use. I would go for a rinse with water and light soap and seal it with a dab of aquaphor if the wound is open and chapped skin. After a couple days use moisturizer. I use Cicaplast Baume B5 personally. On open skin I use expensive brands, Avene cicalphate was what I used last after a laser procedure. Just don't forget the silicone at night though because that's what is really preventing scarring. I don't predict you'll have any issues, this is mild. You should see me after a good scar revision procedure.

I find aloe vera irritating and have never been recommended it so I don't know about that.

yes, stay hydrated and eat well. Lay off anything that will prevent natural healing like smoking/drinking. You're going to be okay.
Thanks.

The skin is not broken as such- it's like when the seat belt rubs across your neck- that sort of mark

Reactions: Foresight, OldDrummer and WhiteRabbit
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
It looks like an allergic reaction to me. It really is mild. Yea, you'll be okay, I promise. I know skin well, you'd be amazed what our skin can handle. You're going to heal up just fine.

Is your forehead an open wound? Follow my instructions on the forehead as well.

Last edited:
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
Thank you . Apologoes- just panicing. And the whole in. My forehead is horrendous.

Thanks.

The skin is not broken as such- it's like when the seat belt rubs across your neck- that sort of mark

Calm the t*ts. You're fine. Chicks dig scars, etc.

All I'll say is that there's a reason you failed, you lucky f*cker.

Wishing you all the best.

A

Anon911

Mar 3, 2022
It looks like an allergic reaction to me. It really is mild. Yea, you'll be okay, I promise. I know skin well, you'd be amazed what our skin can handle. You're going to heal up just fine.

Is your forehead an open wound? Follow my instructions on the forehead as well.
I know this will not look bad.

However, it's an inch by half an inch.

It looks in the pic like a surface graze- however, it's far from it. It's about 3 or 4mm deep- and I saw down to the fat layer- skin flap came right off. I'm guessing it was on the sharp edges of the push-up board where it snapped in half- it was next to me leaning against wall.

This is going be like an effin crater on my forehead.

I am not going to be healing well I'm sure- only sleeping 1 to 2 hours a night. A&E coudn;t even get my blood pressure reading until they did it manually- 190 over something.

I am in a bad place and have been for a long time- all issue cam to a head 2 days ago.

Also saw half of left big tow nail half off- I'm guessing my feet would have flailed in the few seconds of unconsciousness

Attachments

• 1F72E467-3F4D-4647-8C8D-5A57B25796BC.jpeg
    1F72E467-3F4D-4647-8C8D-5A57B25796BC.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 0
  • Hugs
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
It's okay. The forehead wound is going to take longer than the neck. This link addresses what you need to do. For the forehead, rinse it and get aquaphor applied right after the rinse.

Instructions

Hold off on silicone while it's open like that. The neck isn't open so you can start now. For the forehead:

When can you begin using silicone gel for scars? You can begin using silicone gel for your scar as soon as your wound is fully healed and there is no more bleeding or scabbing. Generally, it takes about 3 weeks for a wound to fully heal, but this can vary by patient.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have heard of tings like this taking about a week, but of course it will vary some. You are right to be concerned that someone might suspect it, though- it onlt takes one person to guess at it. It you can wear a scarf it is a good idea, you can say you had a breakout as an excuse, possibly, if you don't nornally wear scarves. Or a turtleneck, as mentioned, depending on the weather where you are now. Partial does fail a high percentage of the time base on many posts here, and the mark on the neck is common. Good luck.

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020

Thats not too bad. If I saw you on the street and had a conversation with you I would have no idea what it was. If someone asks I would suggest just acting confused as to how you got it