pjf

pjf

Jul 17, 2023
Ive been lurking on the forum again after not touching it for months so i could try to get better but everything is just getting bad. i was trying to get my healthy habits back, and it went well for maybe a week but i lost them all again and now ive started abusing drugs again. its all starting to feel hopeless again and im losing my will fast. Ive started planning on how to CTB again and im afraid ill make a terrible impulsive decision and give away my belongings again and try another attempt. im trying so hard to just return to being ok again but it feels impossible. am i destined to be worthless or will these feelings ever pass?

Reactions: Lostman1029
canibesaved

canibesaved

Oct 22, 2023
I wish I knew , i'm spiraling downwards as well

icari

icari

Oct 24, 2023
What I can tell you is that I have been in the position that you and I are in right now before, convinced that nothing can ever get better.

For me though, it did get better, so I can't honestly say it's not possible, it may even be likely.

At the same time, now I am back here thinking those same things again, and despite my past experience I cannot convince myself there is any end to it.

Reactions: Lostman1029
L

Lostman1029

Oct 9, 2023
It feels like it always comes and goes in waves. We aren't designed to be happy or content for long. We have to chase the next brass ring only to feel empty once we get it.

LonelyPlanetBoy

LonelyPlanetBoy

Oct 22, 2023
I've been in similar situations in the past, where I thought things will only get worse and that was it. Nothing will get better. The thing with depression is that it makes you feel and think that way. And if you think that way then the chances are good that it won't get better so you have to try and think as positive as you can and believe in it. Maybe you have heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?

If you work on yourself and maybe if you get help from someone else you will improve and you can make it. But the other can only guide you, you have to do all the work yourself.