• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
I intentionally joked about AI on someones post but then a few moments later it got me actually thinking if such technology could be introduced in a forum like this one.
Let's not say that AI would replace other users and imitate their behavior in any way because that just sounds straight up scary. Even thought we can't simply ignore the fact that throughout the years this website has stored enough text information for an LLM to be trained on.

Let's say this AI would act as some kind of assistant to whom we can talk and chat about something, like our feelings or stuff like that. Or even ask them to direct us to a source of some kind. You get the general idea. Am I just imagining things or is this really funny? lol

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
AI at its current state makes for a terrible suicide consultant. All it does it tell you to seek professional help because that's what normies are trained to say when faced with this topic.
I understand it happens only if you use the public AI's from big tech companies but I was asking if it was a good idea to make our own for this forum lol

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
idk honestly. it might be, as i've seen users complain abt the chat being dead, & i think a good chunk of em are here for likeminded companionship/a break from the loneliness. however that might not be smthg that can be fulfilled by an AI bot, & might make them feel worse bc it's not an actual person.

personally, i have no qualms abt befriending AI. i just haven't ever chatted w one that seemed like an actual person & wasn't painfully artificial feeling.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I understand it happens only if you use the public AI's from big tech companies but I was asking if it was a good idea to make our own for this forum lol
I think it would have to use OpenAI's source as a baseline so already the task of reprogramming all of its censorship might be too much to ask.

4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
I intentionally joked about AI on someones post but then a few moments later it got me actually thinking if such technology could be introduced in a forum like this one.
Let's not say that AI would replace other users and imitate their behavior in any way because that just sounds straight up scary. Even thought we can't simply ignore the fact that throughout the years this website has stored enough text information for an LLM to be trained on.

Let's say this AI would act as some kind of assistant to whom we can talk and chat about something, like our feelings or stuff like that. Or even ask them to direct us to a source of some kind. You get the general idea. Am I just imagining things or is this really funny? lol

A certain user on here is considered to be A.I, judge your answer based on how they interact/or don't on here 😁
No really, I think it's a good model to base it off of

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
I think it would have to use OpenAI's source as a baseline so already the task of reprogramming all of its censorship might be too much to ask.
I don't think emotional support AI would cause any ethnical issues
A certain user on here is considered to be A.I, judge your answer based on how they interact/or don't on here 😁
No really, I think it's a good model to base it off of
Too bad the user works kinda against the community for some reason, needs a few patches and calibrations in the code

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't think emotional support AI would cause any ethnical issues
Ethnic? I'm not worried about the AI talking at me in a Chinese accent either.

Ethically I also don't think that's the issue. The issue is just effort but I guess if someone's willing to do it they might as well. It just might take too long and by the time someone finishes, AI itself could already be even more advanced. And all this for something that might not even help that much.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
AI is bad for asking questions on suicide - it blocks off. I also can't talk about sexy things with AI and that sucks too.
There are plenty of uncensored LLMs - there is a list on OpenRouter, and you can use them either via SillyTavern, or via websites such as Venus AI.

Local LLMs are progressing incredibly fast, effectively at the level of ChatGPT-3.5 currently. Sure, the best models require either beefy PCs, or a lot of money (Goliath-120billion is insanely pricy, 0.005 USD for a message, I think), but it's going to get more affordable in due months. I was getting decent results with lzlv-70b, for example. And the Janitor LLM is kind of cute.

As regards the OP - AI is going to take us all by storm, just watch David Shapiro on YouTube. It's such a huge cope. We might be the first generation of immortals. Which kind of goes against my nihilism, jadedness and pro-mortalism... It's awkward.

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
AI is already in this forum. I'd guess 20% of the "people" here are robots. You can tell by the algorithmic tone.

I was a junior high teacher for 13 years before I decided to CTB. So many young people love graphic design, web building, writing, etc. They have been in college for 4-5 years earning their degrees. Now they are seeing that their degrees are useless because of AI. Two of my former students committed suicide this year alone, and we're only in February. They studied art and graphic design, respectively. And they realized their skills are useless with cheap AI as people's disposal. It's very sad.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
AI is already in this forum. I'd guess 20% of the "people" here are robots. You can tell by the algorithmic tone.

I was a junior high teacher for 13 years before I decided to CTB. So many young people love graphic design, web building, writing, etc. They have been in college for 4-5 years earning their degrees. Now they are seeing that their degrees are useless because of AI. Two of my former students committed suicide this year alone, and we're only in February. They studied art and graphic design, respectively. And they realized their skills are useless with cheap AI as people's disposal. It's very sad.
Wdym "algorithmic tone"? Could you elaborate?

Reactions: 4everDone
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Wdym "algorithmic tone"? Could you elaborate?

I'm an English teacher. My husband taught chemistry and math. We are well versed in human communication. 3+3=6 in all cultures regardless of language and country. That said, AI language is very robotic. It knows exactly what to say to a target audience because that's what it is programmed to do. In this case a suicidal audience. There are many people I love in this forum. And many others that I know are robots. And it's sad.

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I'm an English teacher. My husband taught chemistry and math. We are well versed in human communication. 3+3=6 in all cultures regardless of language and country. That said, AI language is very robotic. It knows exactly what to say to a target audience because that that's what it is programmed to do. In this case a suicidal audience. There are many people I love in this forum. And many others that I know are robots. And it's sad.
You kinda described psychopaths.

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
You kinda described psychopaths.
How so? Could you please elaborate a little?
There are plenty of uncensored LLMs - there is a list on OpenRouter, and you can use them either via SillyTavern, or via websites such as Venus AI.

Local LLMs are progressing incredibly fast, effectively at the level of ChatGPT-3.5 currently. Sure, the best models require either beefy PCs, or a lot of money (Goliath-120billion is insanely pricy, 0.005 USD for a message, I think), but it's going to get more affordable in due months. I was getting decent results with lzlv-70b, for example. And the Janitor LLM is kind of cute.

As regards the OP - AI is going to take us all by storm, just watch David Shapiro on YouTube. It's such a huge cope. We might be the first generation of immortals. Which kind of goes against my nihilism, jadedness and pro-mortalism... It's awkward.
I don't care if my identity is stolen and then replicated in some kind of code. As long as I physically don't feel it, or in other words, as long as my body does not associate itself with an AI replicate I'm good.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
How so? Could you please elaborate a little?
Because they mimic other humans and would say anything that needs to be said. Although with ulterior motive but ai could also be made to have one and push people into certain direction.