T

Tears In October

Sep 29, 2023
I'm not trying to be controversial or start an argument, but why is early trimester termination and the death penalty a thing in this world, but peaceful unaliving is frowned upon?

Wouldn't it make sense to allow people to choose when to go? Population control, preservation of earth's resources, and so on.

We didn't choose to be brought into this world and we can't choose when to leave it either. šŸ˜ž

Reactions: HighFlight, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, FailureToAll and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
We can choose when to leave it.

Hmm, yeah but with the current options, it's risky. I'm guessing the OP means via regulated assisted suicide.

I remember hearing terrible stories of how- when slave women were raped by their masters, they would insert knitting needles to abort the baby- rather than birth the poor thing into slavery. Given the option- I think most women would prefer to have an abortion done clinically. Same I imagine goes for suicide.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so disgusting how suicide isn't accepted as a valid option despite the fact that there is no limit as to how much one can suffer in this existence. To me suicide barely feels like an option because all the methods are either inaccessible and risky, it's just so horrible how we were forced into this harmful existence with no straightforward way to find permanent peace from all suffering. It's like we are being punished all because other people decided to so selfishly procreate.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I'm not trying to be controversial or start an argument, but why is early trimester termination and the death penalty a thing in this world, but peaceful unaliving is frowned upon?

Wouldn't it make sense to allow people to choose when to go? Population control, preservation of earth's resources, and so on.

We didn't choose to be brought into this world and we can't choose when to leave it either. šŸ˜ž
It's because most suicides are by young people age 18-25 and these ages dying is very bad for the economy. Young ones have spent 18 years consuming food/resources while not contributing anything themselves, so that's partly why they don't want you to die. You still need to earn your worth.

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
It's because most suicides are by young people age 18-25 and these ages dying is very bad for the economy. Young ones have spent 18 years consuming food/resources while not contributing anything themselves, so that's partly why they don't want you to die. You still need to earn your worth.
That logic doesn't add up because even if you're young and contributed to the society for 20 years post college, had a horrible accident and couldn't anymore, they still make you stay alive....

• Aww..
Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
i just wish this ridiculous welfare disabilty thing which could help somehow someone who wanted to live and myself get leave theres nothing to do i am unfit for duty society laboral activities whatsoever so they brought on themselves there was no legal right for us

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
why is early trimester termination and the death penalty a thing in this world, but peaceful unaliving is frowned upon?
This seems so hypocritical to me as well, but begins to make some sense if you look at each one individually, and the reasoning behind it. But here in the US, we have states that are making abortion illegal, while others are expanding the use of the death penalty. And assisted suicide is still pretty much universally illegal here, and the states that allow it have limitations. So the laws are all over the place.

It would be great to work with agencies that are advocating for medical aid in dying laws to work on the inclusion for mental health issues and remove age restrictions.

In short, I think people are normally afraid of dying. It's hardwired into our DNA, our survival instincts. As a result, it's difficult to have a real conversation about helping someone end their life. And unfortunately, each suicide that happens becomes more fuel for the pro-lifers.

But these are larger issues that need to be addressed. People are here for their own reasons, and many are in pain or are suffering. And ultimately, each needs to follow their own path and determine what is best for them.

To that end, I wish everyone some peace and know that these larger conversations are beginning to happen.