• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
"what do we do about the status of mental health and access to it for depressed and anxiety filled people?". People are so angry about suicide, suicide discussion but when you post that specific question to them they ignore that it was even asked and simply state "suicide is wrong".

If my house were burning or my kid was suicidal I would never be a complete dufus who would blame the fire or my kid's interest in suicidal ideation. I would struggle to understand why my son couldn't be helped by mental health.

The behavior seems sociopathic to me. Yes, you are on fire, we can tout it out and don't know how but just keep on burning. The pain of depression is not stigmatized, it's just glazed over and ignored. "Just deal with it but don't consider any solution at all if the normal methods don't work for you.".

My question is why won't pro life people address and agree that mental health work must be failing a class of individuals. I can assure you that sanctioned suicide would become a very small population of mental health, depression, anxiety, abuse counseling and other efforts were prioritized.

kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
I think the real deep causes of a lot of "Mental Illness" are core structures of the foundations and daily functioning of Civilization .

The Power structure , hierarchies , (institutionalized bullying ) , Militaristic structures , ...
Duty (unquestioned.). To question some aspects are too much for Conservative Authoritarian structures to bare .

I was raised in a cult , a "high control group".

Cults mind fuck you from the start . They exercise hazing , gas lighting ,scapegoating .

As I emerged from the cult ... for the rest of my life I saw more similarities between the Cult and main stream society.

I have concluded that Human Society is still in an "early" stage of development ( unfortunately ) if we were to be optimistic and expect something better . ( Only about ten thousand years old , give or take ?)

I could be wrong , but that's how it feels.

Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
Because those people are not well-meaning at all. They claim to care about an issue and spend absolutely NONE of their time or energy doing research on it. The fact that these individuals will straight up deny the existence of treatment resistent depression is proof of this.

E

EeEeEeEeYy

Feb 16, 2021
"what do we do about the status of mental health and access to it for depressed and anxiety filled people?". People are so angry about suicide, suicide discussion but when you post that specific question to them they ignore that it was even asked and simply state "suicide is wrong".

If my house were burning or my kid was suicidal I would never be a complete dufus who would blame the fire or my kid's interest in suicidal ideation. I would struggle to understand why my son couldn't be helped by mental health.

The behavior seems sociopathic to me. Yes, you are on fire, we can tout it out and don't know how but just keep on burning. The pain of depression is not stigmatized, it's just glazed over and ignored. "Just deal with it but don't consider any solution at all if the normal methods don't work for you.".

My question is why won't pro life people address and agree that mental health work must be failing a class of individuals. I can assure you that sanctioned suicide would become a very small population of mental health, depression, anxiety, abuse counseling and other efforts were prioritized.
damn you just explained that extremely well

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
People are selectively outraged when it's convenient. When Bell Let's Talk rolls around or it's mental health awareness week/month everyone cares, but aside from then...

Aside from my thoughts on why discourse isn't happening, I think making legislative changes is where this battle needs to go, though it's going to be the hardest battle. We may lose advocates for change to their MH (CTB), in addition to the difficulties that surround getting a bill audited, then eventually passed as law. Private companies are far too content with the status quo.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist