sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
We were created in the image of God by God because he wanted a family. God is a spirit. The actual reason we are here is to glorify, give praise, worship, and thanks to God. We are brainwashed/tricked into believing that we are here to be self serving, self reliant, seeking after selfish pursuits like high status in the eyes of others, and to chase after the desires of our flesh. But the original motivation for why we are here is to serve God and others, to love him and to love others. But in return for when u do start to recognize and praise God, he will start to put his blessings on u and give u the things u want. He just wants our appreciation and love. I know not everyone will agree with this. I hope nobody gets offended because it is not meant to. Without this knowledge it really does feel like it's totally pointless, exhausting, and complicated. I used to think the exact same thing many other people thought in the comments. I still experience suffering and I do not always put God first, I disobey God, but I do feel a lot less confused once I understood this. I feel more at peace that what God expects from us is far less complicated than what society and other people expect from us. We are judged according to different criteria in God's eyes than how other people or society measures success or greatness. Our world is controlled by Satan, so this why it can feel like we are living in hell down here. When the very first people were created, they disobeyed God and handed control over our world to Satan, this is why it feels like we live in an upside down world where good behavior is punished and bad behavior is rewarded. But God will still help guide and protect u if u seek him.
Why did God create a family of 8 billion though, and one which is increasing every year? Shouldn't just a few people be enough?

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
Wow ... The biggest question of all time! I asked myself this question once, and I never looked back since. of course, if someone is in a particular religion/faith they will have their personal answers.

but as an agnostic ... the answers are endless, and all I can do is use my imagination. as an atheist, there is no purpose other than the purpose that you set for yourself in this life.

that is the best answer I can give to you @Darkover ... I wish you peace! 🫂

Last edited:
B

BetterInTheory

Jun 22, 2023
I find myself having these thoughts so often that it terrifies me. Existence is absolutely nonsensical and unnecessary to me. And yet we must suffer through it. Why? Because those who've bought into the fantasy and self-deception of life simply cannot handle someone else saying they actually don't find life all that great.
You know that move Everything Everywhere All at Once? I felt blinding rage when I watched that movie. Didn't mind 99% of the movie, but the ending.. that ending where the mother essentially stops her daughter from entering the everything bagel and ending it really enraged me. Nothing changed for the daughter. She was still depressed and suffering, and now she has to suffer more because her mother decided that this absurd life must be suffered through. *vomit*

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
If from "nothing" I came out alive, is it possible to happen again?
This is a thought that often terrifies me... If the universe is assumed to be infinite and the laws of physics remain the same, then statistically speaking every state of matter that could possibly exist within the rules of space-time will exist, infinite times over.

On the bright side this includes essentially infinite joys, but the dark side is infinite suffering. Also it remains a question as to whether or not time and space actually are infinite. The universe continues to expand and there is reason to believe it will not be able to expand beyond a certain point. The "rules" beyond our universe are also unknown. Lastly, it appears unlikely that a soul exists so it probably won't be "you" who experiences it when it "happens again".

It's all hypothetical at this point though. The closest bets are probably somewhere between nihilism and Buddhism, but I have my reservations about both 🤷‍♀️

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Why did God create a family of 8 billion though, and one which is increasing every year? Shouldn't just a few people be enough?
I'm not sure why he has created so many of us. The other thing I'm curious about is why he created the different racial groups and why we are all so different in appearance and traits. There is a large population but not every race is dominating that 8 billion. Whites are expected to become extinct out of the world population in the coming decades, because we are way below replacement fertility.

D

Deleted member 65988

Life can be wonderful sometimes, I'm not going to lie about that. I've had times when I thought it was the best feeling in the world to be alive, lots of them actually.

Those times are gone and won't come back.
Agreed.

KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
He helped me out a lot when I sought him for help. The godphone truly works.
I'm not sure why he has created so many of us. The other thing I'm curious about is why he created the different racial groups and why we are all so different in appearance and traits. There is a large population but not every race is dominating that 8 billion. Whites are expected to become extinct out of the world population in the coming decades, because we are way below replacement fertility.
You've lived many lives. The amount of humans and the amount of souls are not the same.

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
Exactly, I feel no different from a fly or a flea. Just meaningless existence.

Hermit of life

Hermit of life

Oct 5, 2023
Thou it's true that answer why we exist it's hard, and like the life in a natural sense continue, we make our meaning in life. I'm agree that if you don't wanna live in this wrecking ship in deep sea that is life, you could CBT.

Not all the people are mindless sheep's following orders all the time, and they gonna insist in living the life the best that they can. Good for them.

But it's inevitable that it's gonna appear people that it's best conclusion is that they don't wanna try it anymore, it's a valid argument.

H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
maybe maybe not
I'm usually anxious of posting my thoughts, but in simple essence, iirc, the Tardis in Doctor Who is a physical object, but inside exists somewhere else. Similar concept to the mind, this body is here, but where does the mind truly exist?