Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i'm SO FUCKING MAD THAT I EXIST and i need to let it out.

it makes me RAGE. it makes my blood boil - the fact that i even EXIST and have to go through life and the happy bits and the lows of it when i didn't even fucking ask to be here in the first place and that none of us have any idea why we are here.

i'm literally one of billions of insignificant organisms hurtling through space on a ROCK in a random solar system that is so small that our brains can't even comprehend it because it means absolutely NOTHING and the best part is we don't even know why.

the happy points of our futile lives don't even nearly compensate for its lack of meaning - what i'm trying to say is that life is so filled with sadness and suffering and since there is no meaning to life (as i believe) WHY DO I NEED TO EXIST?? i get that some points of life are happy - falling in love, doing what makes u happy etc etc but WHY? the downsides make it not worth it.

life has no meaning, so u should seek to do what makes you happy in your temporary blip of consciousness in the universe, but why do we have to exist at all. i hate that the minuscule amount of space i take up in the universe causes me to feel things, to be self-aware. i don't want to feel anything, i'd rather just not exist.

Fuck whatever is responsible for bringing me into existence. i hate the entire concept

Why are we all here?

This tought hit me like a truck recently. But just thinking how I came from nothing to something that is experience something (in this case "the human life") freaks me out.

Why I (as the thing experience this world) was born in this time, body and place. What was I before I was born? What I will become? What the hell is even all this?

These are the questions that are scaring me and giving anxiety. It's so wierd that I'm alive and existing right now.

If from "nothing" I came out alive, is it possible to happen again?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99, Lifeis_Jouissance70, Specific_Milk and 40 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I have struggled with this a lot too. Without going into much detail, just existing has been immensely unsettling to me in recent years especially. There is such an extraordinary amount of risk and pain involved, and since I can't quite remember signing up for the experience, I'm a bit astounded that I'm stuck in it against my will.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: tiyijinn, its.all.gone, Engström and 11 others
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
We can't not exist. The only thing a living thing can know is life. Your perception of time disappears with death. Infinite time = infinite possibilities. Infinite possibilities means we must always exist. Well, not "we", but our consciousness.

• Hugs
Reactions: deadbody, broth0100, Meditation guide and 6 others
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
To suffer, as far as I know.

• Hugs
Reactions: kunikuzushi, sserafim, Meditation guide and 8 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
We all exist because there are too many people stupid enough to haphazardly bring children into this hell hole of a world.

• Love
Reactions: deleted, its.all.gone, SovietSuicide and 14 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Existence freaks me out, especially consciousness.
I can kind of understand the nature of physics, atoms and protons etc, yet I get really freaked out by the nature of consciousness.
What the hell is consciousness really ?
It's so fucking weird and scary.
What the hell am I really, and where do I really come from, who really made creation and consciousness, or was it all a cosmic accident ?
Nobody knows the answers which makes it even more frightening.
Yet I am sure that we are all here to suffer in one way or another.

• Hugs
Reactions: ppie41, Engström, Blue Elephant and 11 others
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Meat experiencing itself. Horrifying.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: HouseofMortok, mothercoin, broth0100 and 9 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
We exist because our parents f*cked. We could potentially leave if we wanted to but- plenty of people don't want us to for varying reasons- emotional, economic, practical- so, they make it as difficult as possible for us to CTB.

You only realise you exist because you have a brain and higher sense of consciousness than other things. Rocks exist but they probably don't go through existential crises. As far as we know... If they do though- start to feel sorry for them because I imagine they are immortal.

We don't seem to know for sure what consciousness is. I guess- either it's a by product of how our brains work (which I think is most likely.) In which case- there's nothing to worry about. Your consciousness will die with you.

Or- it is some force that can jump in and out of bodies. Yet- in the majority of cases, we don't remember this happening. I could tell you that you had the most incredible or most despicable past life. Would it affect your life now? Probably not because you don't remember it. Maybe 'you' will exist in another body in the future. Does that mean your life will follow exactly the same pattern? Is it existence itself making you unhappy, or your current circumstances? Maybe you'll have a better life next time round.

Or- all our consciousness are part of a whole. Some huge being that wants to experience every facet of mortal living. In which case, we're kind of screwed as it's probably some weird 'lucky dip' as to which life 'we' end up in.

Really depends on what you view as being 'you' though. If 'you' were put in a body with different genes, different parents, different environment- would you end up the same?

Reactions: BetterInTheory, its.all.gone, WAITING TO DIE and 6 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I believe that man is just the result of evolution. There is no meaning of life. The animals in nature die before they become old and disabled. In nature, it is all about surviving. In the society of today, human life is too long for most of us. The average life expectancy has become very high. Man has too much time before death. A few hundred years ago, people had the opposite problem.

Reactions: Meditation guide, WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so horrible and tragic how life continues to be forced here so cruelly and unnecessarily, I wish people had the awareness to leave the non-existent alone in peace so that this species can finally go extinct.

It will always be criminal to me how existent beings are burdened with the ability to suffer endlessly with no straightforward way to find true peace from all the suffering existing brings. It's such a curse to have the ability to exist in this hellish and harmful reality, more than anything I wish I never existed. Perfection only lies in being peacefully unaware of this existence for all eternity.

Reactions: sadandlonely99, Rogue Proxy, Meditation guide and 5 others
icari

icari

Oct 24, 2023
The only logical conclusion to me seems to be that existence in this realm is intended to inflict suffering

Reactions: broth0100, Meditation guide and WAITING TO DIE
S

searchingforpeace

Student
Nov 26, 2022
We exist but not in the way we think we do. the person in the body we think we are is a projection of the mind as is the material universe. Whatever we really are is inconceivable to the hallucinated projection we think we are now. The real self inherently must be behind the mind and can only be seen by annihilating the mind. The real self must be infinite perfect in bliss eternal Limitless transcendent of time and space. The ego projection is like a cloud covering the sun. The sun can't be seen because the illusion is in front of it. Questions of rebirth and reincarnation are irrelevant because we never really were the person in the body to begin with it's an illusion created by the mind. So the mind is the enemy and always has been.

• Love
Reactions: HouseofMortok, WAITING TO DIE, Blue Elephant and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
We exist but not in the way we think we do. the person in the body we think we are is a projection of the mind as is the material universe. Whatever we really are is inconceivable to the hallucinated projection we think we are now. The real self inherently must be behind the mind and can only be seen by annihilating the mind. The real self must be infinite perfect in bliss eternal Limitless transcendent of time and space. The ego projection is like a cloud covering the sun. The sun can't be seen because the illusion is in front of it. Questions of rebirth and reincarnation are irrelevant because we never really were the person in the body to begin with it's an illusion created by the mind. So the mind is the enemy and always has been.
the universe is the real deal not some projection of someones mind, atoms electrons and protons are the real deal there everywhere it's not like they don't exist when someone is not looking at them

Reactions: Iamtired, Meditation guide, sserafim and 1 other person
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I ask this question each day and I'm tired of existing. I'll be putting an end to that very soon when I CTB.

Reactions: sadandlonely99, sserafim, Meditation guide and 2 others
S

searchingforpeace

Student
Nov 26, 2022
the universe is the real deal not some projection of someones mind, atoms electrons and protons are the real deal there everywhere it's not like they don't exist when someone is not looking at them
maybe maybe not

Reactions: sserafim and Meditation guide
MelancholyDolly

MelancholyDolly

Lolita ♡ I am a human doll
Oct 28, 2023
God I love this post, I fucking hate humanity and the fact that we exist is so stupid in the larger scheme of things. At the end of the day our existence in the universe is like a tiny water drop in the ocean.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Engström, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
This was the most accurate and easy to understand explanation of the answer I've ever read. I've seen a glimpse beyond the projection (when meditating on the hellish drug Prozac, I found myself in a void with nothing but bliss, but was still in the body so it scared me and I thought I had died) and yes it's just bliss without anything else in back of all this mess. I'm not sure how I could have experienced that bliss yet been scared back into this reality. I felt that eternal bliss and at the same time wanted out of it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Engström, Blue Elephant and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
This was the most accurate and easy to understand explanation of the answer I've ever read. I've seen a glimpse beyond the projection (when meditating on the hellish drug Prozac, I found myself in a void with nothing but bliss, but was still in the body so it scared me and I thought I had died) and yes it's just bliss without anything else in back of all this mess. I'm not sure how I could have experienced that bliss yet been scared back into this reality. I felt that eternal bliss and at the same time wanted out of it.
Yes, it's frightening. I was stuck in Jhana once, and the bliss was too much for me. I don't think people realise how powerful meditation can be.

Reactions: sserafim, Engström, Meditation guide and 2 others
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Cuz our parents needed to justify their own lives lol

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, sserafim, Engström and 3 others
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
It's terrifying. I think about it daily, wrestling with human consciousness. But if the atoms and all reform into something new, and rebirth is a thing, I guess the only respite is knowing we won't remember a past life? I dunno.

I just hope I never have to come back as a human again….and if I do I hope it's better circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Meditation guide and WAITING TO DIE
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I love you people! I love how you ask the right questions, how you give (or at least try and are getting so very close) the right answers, I love that you do meditation, that you are spiritual and I love that you think! I love reading your comments! I think there are more intelligent people in this thread then I met in my whole life. .. Oh crap! My life is bad. : /

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Engström, Meditation guide and 3 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I think this world is hell, a hell we cant escape easily. Life is a punishment and torture. Its all pointless.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim, Blue Elephant and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Life can be wonderful sometimes, I'm not going to lie about that. I've had times when I thought it was the best feeling in the world to be alive, lots of them actually.

Those times are gone and won't come back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pomegranate, Blue Elephant, Darkover and 1 other person
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
Rocks exist but they probably don't go through existential crises. As far as we know... If they do though- start to feel sorry for them because I imagine they are immortal.

Absolute nightmare.

I just hope I never have to come back as a human again….and if I do I hope it's better circumstances.

I fucking hear that.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Blue Elephant, Forever Sleep and 2 others
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
i'm SO FUCKING MAD THAT I EXIST and i need to let it out.

it makes me RAGE. it makes my blood boil - the fact that i even EXIST and have to go through life and the happy bits and the lows of it when i didn't even fucking ask to be here in the first place and that none of us have any idea why we are here.

i'm literally one of billions of insignificant organisms hurtling through space on a ROCK in a random solar system that is so small that our brains can't even comprehend it because it means absolutely NOTHING and the best part is we don't even know why.

the happy points of our futile lives don't even nearly compensate for its lack of meaning - what i'm trying to say is that life is so filled with sadness and suffering and since there is no meaning to life (as i believe) WHY DO I NEED TO EXIST?? i get that some points of life are happy - falling in love, doing what makes u happy etc etc but WHY? the downsides make it not worth it.

life has no meaning, so u should seek to do what makes you happy in your temporary blip of consciousness in the universe, but why do we have to exist at all. i hate that the minuscule amount of space i take up in the universe causes me to feel things, to be self-aware. i don't want to feel anything, i'd rather just not exist.

Fuck whatever is responsible for bringing me into existence. i hate the entire concept

Why are we all here?

This tought hit me like a truck recently. But just thinking how I came from nothing to something that is experience something (in this case "the human life") freaks me out.

Why I (as the thing experience this world) was born in this time, body and place. What was I before I was born? What I will become? What the hell is even all this?

These are the questions that are scaring me and giving anxiety. It's so wierd that I'm alive and existing right now.

If from "nothing" I came out alive, is it possible to happen again?

It's the result of evolution. A random piece of space debris left over from the formation of the Solar System collided with the Earth and devastated the entire surface of the planet, wiping out all life that wasn't hiding in holes in the ground. Everything alive on the Earth today is descended from the survivors. Human ancestors took advantage of the disaster to evolve two chief evolutionary advantages over the other survivors: females who are fertile and horny all the year round instead of just once or twice a year, enabling humans to colonize the empty planet with their offspring faster than any other animal; and the ability to stand on their own two feet, look up and wonder: 'WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT'. Figure it out.

Reactions: Hermit of life, pthnrdnojvsc and Engström
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
To suffer, as far as I know.
What's the meaning of suffering though? Why should we have to suffer? What's the end goal of all of this, if there even is one? Honestly I'd much prefer non-existence to life, I hate having to live. Life is just suffering, a meaningless struggle with no end.
Cuz our parents needed to justify their own lives lol
It's not fair that I was brought into existence though. I never wanted to be born. I think it's unfair to impose life onto other people.
I think this world is hell, a hell we cant escape easily. Life is a punishment and torture. Its all pointless.
It literally is and there's no reason for this world to even exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Finalnight and pthnrdnojvsc
F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Once upon a time consciousness was bored, so it created a virtual reality universe to amuse itself. It eventually got bored of just being animals and nature, so it created and divided up into humans to create some real drama. Comedy drama, tragedy drama, doesn't matter, as long as there's drama to stave off the boredom. So we humans get to ride whatever ride we were thrown into and didn't ask for. Hellish rides, fun rides, doesn't matter to consciousness.

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
Kurt Vonnegut

• Yay!
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, tiger b, sserafim and 3 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
We were created in the image of God by God because he wanted a family. God is a spirit. The actual reason we are here is to glorify, give praise, worship, and thanks to God. We are brainwashed/tricked into believing that we are here to be self serving, self reliant, seeking after selfish pursuits like high status in the eyes of others, and to chase after the desires of our flesh. But the original motivation for why we are here is to serve God and others, to love him and to love others. But in return for when u do start to recognize and praise God, he will start to put his blessings on u and give u the things u want. He just wants our appreciation and love. I know not everyone will agree with this. I hope nobody gets offended because it is not meant to. Without this knowledge it really does feel like it's totally pointless, exhausting, and complicated. I used to think the exact same thing many other people thought in the comments. I still experience suffering and I do not always put God first, I disobey God, but I do feel a lot less confused once I understood this. I feel more at peace that what God expects from us is far less complicated than what society and other people expect from us. We are judged according to different criteria in God's eyes than how other people or society measures success or greatness. Our world is controlled by Satan, so this why it can feel like we are living in hell down here. When the very first people were created, they disobeyed God and handed control over our world to Satan, this is why it feels like we live in an upside down world where good behavior is punished and bad behavior is rewarded. But God will still help guide and protect u if u seek him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, KAZ-2Y5 and deadbody