MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
I've noticed an increasing amount of users, who choose to sign every comment they make, with what appears to be their first name. Considering all the warnings on the site, instructing users to keep themselves safe, why risk it? Not to mention, it seems superfluous. What's the point of signing one's name to a thread comment?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Skathon and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have seen a few users do this, and I agree with what you are saying, this forum should be used anonymously. There is no point to anybody signing their name, it doesn't add anything to the conversation. It is best not to risk anything.

Reactions: 4am, it's_all_a_game, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I've always thought of this as an old people kinda thing to do. Or a self absorbed person kinda thing. Nonetheless, it makes me feel like I'm reading an email which is triggering enough; considering the amount of emails I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons and littlelungs
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Haha I've noticed this too. Influx of older people i guess

-Ghandi

• Yay!
Reactions: MartyByrde, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OceanBlue and 3 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I've noticed an increasing amount of users, who choose to sign every comment they make, with what appears to be their first name. Considering all the warnings on the site, instructing users to keep themselves safe, why risk it? Not to mention, it seems superfluous. What's the point of signing one's name to a thread comment?

probably so there other mates with fake profiles can see its them!!!

anyone with half a brain wouldn't do it IMO, i mean its actually in the rules and FAQ's to not to post identifying information. but honestly ,they will be doing it to make themselves 'look' more trustworthy, to me they look alot 'less' trustworthy!!!

Reactions: LONE WOLF. and All Things Must Pass
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
They want to be forum superstars.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
They want to be forum superstars.
Nah there definitely pro lifers, they want to use their friends/relatives death to be "FB,twitter superstars". If only they made as much effort when the people were alive!!!! maybe they join here cause they want some SN aswell lmao