H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
Because with a physical illness, mental illness is always a guaranteed bonus.

I was mentally healthy before my physical symptoms kicked in, but now I feel like I belong in a mental asylum. The physical illness and hardships that have come with it have mentally raped me beyond belief.

• Hugs
Reactions: novem, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Sparr0w and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about your suffering and I believe what you said makes a lot of sense. A physical illness (or even a mental illness) can drastically reduce one's quality of life, depending on the severity of the illness and with a loss of being able to do things one once was able to is a huge detriment towards one's existence. Not being able to do certain things due to a physical illness or physical limitation is disheartening enough and then the anguish that comes with it to psychologically haunt one is indeed even more compounding to the existing problem.

Nevertheless, I hope you are able to find peace with whatever you do.

Reactions: HadItAll
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree with what you are saying, I believe that it's one of the worst things about existing here how someone can end up in a situation where they are being endlessly tortured by the human body with nothing that they can do about it. Life really is so incredibly cruel and it's just unfair how you have to suffer so much.

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Generally, physical disabilities, lead to mental problems such as depression, anxiety, self-image issues, lack of confidence, negative social comparisons, hopelessness, etc. lower levels of self-esteem is linked to mental health issues, not only impacts how you feel about and treat yourself, but it can even affect your motivation to go after things and also makes you more sensitive to criticism and rejection, self-trust means that you feel comfy and confident navigating, valued and more likely to have a optimistic outlook.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Joarga and HadItAll
MissionSucksAssFul

MissionSucksAssFul

Any help I can offer is gladly given :)
Mar 2, 2023
sure, but I feel like it also works vice versa: Of course you'll be depressed if you're in a wheelchair but likewise you'll end up caring about your flesh-prison less and less the longer your mind goes untreated! Like personally I believe I've been given a Great physical package: all my senses are sharp, I don't have any alergies or intolerances, overall just a 5-star human body! And yet my inevitable mental deterioration has made it impossible for me to care for myself properly! Even if I wanted to my mind continues to stand in my way of physical health and comfort... but I don't know, maybe I'm just too insane to weigh in xD

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
sure, but I feel like it also works vice versa: Of course you'll be depressed if you're in a wheelchair but likewise you'll end up caring about your flesh-prison less and less the longer your mind goes untreated! Like personally I believe I've been given a Great physical package: all my senses are sharp, I don't have any alergies or intolerances, overall just a 5-star human body! And yet my inevitable mental deterioration has made it impossible for me to care for myself properly! Even if I wanted to my mind continues to stand in my way of physical health and comfort... but I don't know, maybe I'm just too insane to weigh in xD
Sure, but it's not like your body is so ruined that it limits your ability to do daily activities.

MissionSucksAssFul

MissionSucksAssFul

Any help I can offer is gladly given :)
Mar 2, 2023
bruh, not to trauma dump or whatever, but I'm literally broken! my spine has been cracked like a hundred times getting worse with each one and I keep the pain of it just to mask the Overwhelming pain in my teeth xD I was just saying that your point was "physical ill -> mental ill" but my personal experience is the exact opposite, so presumably it works both ways, no?

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
bruh, not to trauma dump or whatever, but I'm literally broken! my spine has been cracked like a hundred times getting worse with each one and I keep the pain of it just to mask the Overwhelming pain in my teeth xD I was just saying that your point was "physical ill -> mental ill" but my personal experience is the exact opposite, so presumably it works both ways, no?
Did your mental illness cause you to break your spine? šŸ¤£

Either way, I think physical illness causing mental illness is guaranteed, while mental illness causing a physical illness would be more of an exception.