W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
I've read many posts on SN enema here and I don't see a lot of endorsement or enthusiasm about rectal administration of SN. Why is this? What are the risks? Is it the burning sensation or risk of bowel clearance?

Reactions: nosoul and TheStateofCaliforni
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
More an issue of where I want to be when I die than a matter of it's efficacy.

Reactions: Jrmull1993, Foresight and NearlyIrrelevantCake
yabuki77

yabuki77

And then, all that remains is pure white ash.
Apr 29, 2022
The same reason people don't often take alcohol or drugs rectally even though it's more powerful. There are people here who have done it though.

yabuki77

yabuki77

And then, all that remains is pure white ash.
Apr 29, 2022
  • Yay!
Reactions: Euthanza, FailureGirl and WorthlessTrash
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I'm assuming this way might cause intestinal pain but less nausea?

Reactions: nosoul
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
Your anus will burn, that's why

• Love
Reactions: Mary5689
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I would assume it wouldnt be pleasant and would cause a lot of cramping. It is a chemical not a drug. Drugs absurd quickly rectally but this would involve a chemical in quite a bit if fluid. Who knows what it might do to your bowel if you survived.
It has certainly been done but seems the few I've seen do it have also taken some orally
@ctb has posted on this recently

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
Your anus will burn, that's why
Okay everyone keeps saying "it will burn its a salt yada yada" 1. I have done many pink sea salt enemas and it never burned. 2. There was another user here who tested a small amount (he is still alive) never mentioned it burning.
Nobody can seem to give a legitimate answer. One user mentioned "it has to be absorbed through the smal intestine" but never gave further detail or a reason why. They say it's more readily absorbed that way. One user inserted rectally and reported their "vision fading" almost instantly and never commented again. O wonder why this is? Just curious.
I would assume it wouldnt be pleasant and would cause a lot of cramping. It is a chemical not a drug. Drugs absurd quickly rectally but this would involve a chemical in quite a bit if fluid. Who knows what it might do to your bowel if you survived.
It has certainly been done but seems the few I've seen do it have also taken some orally
@ctb has posted on this recently
50 mL of water isn't "quite a bit of fluid"
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-suppositories-to-avoid-nausea.55837/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn.67430/#post-1258331

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: j1nxxb0yjj4ke, jolongone, Euthanza and 5 others
I

Idontmatter

Just want it all to be over
Oct 25, 2021
Okay everyone keeps saying "it will burn its a salt yada yada" 1. I have done many pink sea salt enemas and it never burned. 2. There was another user here who tested a small amount (he is still alive) never mentioned it burning.
Nobody can seem to give a legitimate answer. One user mentioned "it has to be absorbed through the smal intestine" but never gave further detail or a reason why. They say it's more readily absorbed that way. One user inserted rectally and reported their "vision fading" almost instantly and never commented again. O wonder why this is? Just curious.

50 mL of water isn't "quite a bit of fluid"
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-suppositories-to-avoid-nausea.55837/
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn.67430/#post-1258331
I'm starting to get more interested in this method.

Reactions: nosoul
T

Teenytiny

Experienced
Feb 1, 2022
I suggested snorting it for the same reason because if you do that with drugs they go straight into the blood stream but I had someone belittle me for it
Does an enema not hive you diahorea though I thought salt enemas empty you're bowel
I don't know I am curious about it though because my stomachs very sensitive so I always vomit excessively with any suicide qttempts

Reactions: nosoul, Euthanza and Starryeyes
I

Idontmatter

Just want it all to be over
Oct 25, 2021
I suggested snorting it for the same reason because if you do that with drugs they go straight into the blood stream but I had someone belittle me for it
Does an enema not hive you diahorea though I thought salt enemas empty you're bowel
I don't know I am curious about it though because my stomachs very sensitive so I always vomit excessively with any suicide qttempts
I've snorted a lot of cocaine many years ago because of an addiction and it's definitely fast. I didn't think about trying it with sn.

Reactions: Euthanza
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
What is the amount of sea salt and water that you've used? I'm going to test out some sea salt enemas as a stand-ins for SN enemas. One thing's for sure, DO NOT use iodized salt, especially in a high concentration. Iodized salt will burn the intestinal lining.

According to the Fleet enema package, it appears that each 118 mL bottle contains a total of 30.4 g sodium (19 g monobasic sodium phosphate + 7 g dibasic sodium phosphate phosphate + 4.4 g sodium (according to the Other Information section) = 30.4 g sodium). This could be useful in estimating the maximum amount of sodium that can be mixed in 118 mL of water. I've also found that 2 Tbsps. sodium can be dissolved in roughly 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsps. water.

Reactions: wereqryan and wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
What is the amount of sea salt and water that you've used? I'm going to test out some sea salt enemas as a stand-ins for SN enemas. One thing's for sure, DO NOT use iodized salt, especially in a high concentration. Iodized salt will burn the intestinal lining.

According to the Fleet enema package, it appears that each 118 mL bottle contains a total of 30.4 g sodium (19 g monobasic sodium phosphate + 7 g dibasic sodium phosphate phosphate + 4.4 g sodium (according to the Other Information section) = 30.4 g sodium). This could be useful in estimating the maximum amount of sodium that can be mixed in 118 mL of water. I've also found that 2 Tbsps. sodium can be dissolved in roughly 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsps. water.
Would be interesting to hear, yes.

My concern is:
1. I think stomach/small intestines are more efficient to achieve a better absorption of the SN.
and
2. the time before your bowels evacuate may not be long enough to absorb a sufficient amount of SN.

Reactions: MountainMonkey, Euthanza, Foresight and 2 others
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Would be interesting to hear, yes.

My concern is:
1. I think stomach/small intestines are more efficient to achieve a better absorption of the SN.
and
2. the time before your bowels evacuate may not be long enough to absorb a sufficient amount of SN.
From what I've read about rectal vs oral absorption, the large intestines are more efficient at fluid absorption than the stomach. Fluids, salts, and some nutrients are absorbed more rapidly through the large intestinal lining, and directly into the bloodstream. Unlike the stomach, there aren't any enzymes in the colon that could break down particles in the fluids. This explains why alcohol intoxication is more rapid and severe via rectal route vs oral route.

As for the second point, I would assume that an inflatable plug or an inflatable enema nozzle (with the tubing clamped shut) could help prevent the fluid from leaking out prematurely and increase the chances of complete absorption. I'm planning on testing out an inflatable plug with some sea salt enemas soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Euthanza and Jrmull1993
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Look, it's not my opinion. It's just something I read, and not just anywhere like a random comment on this forum, but somewhere that I felt was legit and trustworthy in saying it. I wish I could remember where I read it now.

Has anyone read the PPH chapter about sodium nitrite or browsed exit's sources and such to see if it's answered there? There's also info about how SN works with feral pigs / wild boar culling in Australia.

I'm not doing all that research again just to find a link to something for you guys to believe me, cbf. I'm sure if someone goes beyond asking on SS and looks hard enough, they can find the answer too if I managed to. The rectal thing is a common question, even by people not a part of this forum.

I read that it's not effective, last year when I was still researching all things suicide related every night, and wanted to know for myself. The answer I found also explained why meto helps SN work faster, because it speeds up gastric emptying, which moves the chemical out of the stomach quicker. SN wont even work when it's in the stomach, the way in which it works requires it to be in the intestine (not the colon). That much I do remember.

• Love
Reactions: wljourney and Shu
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I just got a strange question in my mind.

If the intestines are so effective at absorbing substances, how come we don't get sick of the faeces that gets accumulated in there..? Would the faeces have to remain in the intestines longer for it to have negative health consequences.

Again, it's probably a strange question...

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
According to PN, rectal nitrite administration is fine.

• Informative
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, jolongone, Dead Meat and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
We know the plan in STan's Guide works- the Sn needs to get to the bloodstream and through the stomach this works. I don';t think anyone knows if that method will work to get this into the blkoodstream all at once and make it work- I would be skeptical of that way working.

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
It works with the DDMAPh method and also with N. Why not with sn?

Reactions: Dead Meat, Euthanza and Jrmull1993
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It works with the DDMAPh method and also with N. Why not with sn?
Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't- each method affects the body differently, each poison acts on the body differently. It is known that the method in Stan's Guide works, and this way it just isn't known.

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
The method is particularly useful when people are concerned about their ability to swallow sn, or when vomiting is a particular concern. No antiemetics are required, and the time to loss of consciousness and death is similar to that for oral administration.

• Informative
Reactions: jolongone, Teenytiny, wljourney and 3 others
Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Induced methemoglobinemia due to nitrite toxicity would be no different whether it was consumed orally, or via rectal administration.

Impacted stool can cause binding, but when the bowel is clear, the absorption pathways are identical to that of oral administration.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sevennn, PrincessInWhite, Dead Meat and 4 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Induced methemoglobinemia due to nitrite toxicity would be no different whether it was consumed orally, or via rectal administration.

Impacted stool can cause binding, but when the bowl is clear, the absorption pathways are identical to that of oral administration.
That would be a quetsion, whether stool further up could cause an issue- maybe ab enema first would help, if people know how to do one.