T

top_cat

Feb 21, 2019
I was reading a thread on YA about a girl (I think 14) who wanted to end her life because she was bullied and the responses were DISGUSTING. The top voted comment was a huge wall of text calling her selfish and saying "it will affect everyone who you ever knew". She was made out to be the bad one.

Also reading on morbidquestions on reddit, there were many responses about suicide stigma regarding how they were at their lowest point and someone reminded them "suicide doesn't end the pain, it passes it on". Let's see if they say that to a homeless person.

Honestly, this world is fucked up. I really find it hard to have sympathy with deaths that I hear on the news. I now kind of feel that it was a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Death., NoOneKnows and 4 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
suicide doesn't end the pain, it passes it on

That quote is meant to guilt people..

Why is there stigma about anything? Because people don't understand it.

People don't just wake up wanting to die... It's very hard to understand. I'm sure you didn't always want to die

Reactions: ForestLove, xb243, Death. and 3 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Was watching this video where cops are trained to tell jumpers "please don't do this in front of me"
WOW...

Reactions: EmotionlessWanderer, Deleted member 4993 and felix
T

ThinkingAboutThis

Student
Jan 7, 2019
Most people don't understand it. Before I got suicidal, I surely understood it and thought it tragic, but it's only when I got suicidal that I realized just how bad these urges can get and how suicide can actually make sense and be a very logical, rational solution.

A lot of people shaming others for suicidal thoughts are basically increasing guilt and shame and suicidal thoughts in others who already have them.

Reactions: ForestLove, xb243, Death. and 1 other person
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
It's the same mentality as thinking that an unemployed person living in poverty and up to their ears in debt will surely be able to improve their life eventually, or that cancer patients should just hang on because a treatment will be discovered any day now. In my opinion, the reality that some people don't get better is too difficult for most to bear, so people have a defense mechanism where their brain won't even let them acknowledge that possibility.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Death., Things2do1st&ThenCtb and 2 others
Melliodrama

Melliodrama

Jan 26, 2019
Well I kinda get the argument, that the realtives etc would be affected, but hoestly WTH? That shouldnt be an argument to keep on suffering!
For me its okay, to tell them to get help first, but theres a certaint point, where you just never ever get rid of it enought to be "happy"...

Idk its just weid to me to tell suicidal people, "how egoistic and selfish they are".... i dont know a single suicidal person who didnt thought about the possible consequences for the people left behind, but just their decision to still do it should show how mutch they suffer

Reactions: Redt2go
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I was reading a thread on YA about a girl (I think 14) who wanted to end her life because she was bullied and the responses were DISGUSTING. The top voted comment was a huge wall of text calling her selfish and saying "it will affect everyone who you ever knew". She was made out to be the bad one.

Also reading on morbidquestions on reddit, there were many responses about suicide stigma regarding how they were at their lowest point and someone reminded them "suicide doesn't end the pain, it passes it on". Let's see if they say that to a homeless person.

Honestly, this world is fucked up. I really find it hard to have sympathy with deaths that I hear on the news. I now kind of feel that it was a blessing in disguise.

Nice. Theres an innocent girl who is being bullied and people's first impulse is to attack her. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmotionlessWanderer
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
1)It's convenient for the elites to keep people alive even if they suffer. you have to live, you have to consume. Even if you are attached to a feeding tube someone's is paying for that, jobs created, economy is growing. Yeah..
And they are afraid that their bottom feeders will start escape en masse.
For instance in Russia wich has a very bad suicide problem it's forbidden to mention euthanasia or be pro-choice in social media, it's against the law.

2) People are afraid of death, this is the most primal fear. They don't want to admit that voluntary death is acceptable because it will lead to the question: is that life worth living? Should I kill myself or have a cup if coffee?
Also "normal" people are not empathetic enough (did you notice?) and selfish enough to keep someone living against their will just not to feel bad themselves.
3) Optimistic bias and that some people who are suicidal can get better.
Their saved lifes value more than suffering of those who will never improve.

Stigma in religion is just the consequence.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, ForestLove, Death. and 3 others
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
For the same reasons that a pack of hungry wolves will kill and eat the "weak link" of the pack.