• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dawns

Dawns

Student
Apr 5, 2023
iirc men make up for 75% of completed suicides whereas the other fourth is females. what's with the difference

• Aww..
Reactions: RABITIA, RosesFlourish, davidtorez and 1 other person
Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Women on average chose less effective methods than men. Also in Europe, men are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than women.
Many researchers have attempted to find explanations for why gender is such a significant indicator for suicide. A common explanation relies on the social constructions of hegemonic masculinity and femininity. According to literature on gender and suicide, male suicide rates are explained in terms of traditional gender roles. Male gender roles tend to emphasize greater levels of strength, independence, risk-taking behaviour, economic status, and individualism Reinforcement of this gender role often prevents males from seeking help for suicidal feelings and depression.

Various other factors have been put forward as the cause of the gender paradox. Part of the gap may be explained by heightened levels of stress that result from traditional gender roles. For example, the death of a spouse and divorce are risk factors for suicide in both genders, but the effect is somewhat mitigated for females. In the Western world, females are more likely to maintain social and familial connections that they can turn to for support after losing their spouse. Another factor closely tied to gender roles is male employment status. Males' vulnerability may be heightened during times of unemployment because of societal expectations that they should provide for themselves and their families.

Also Poland has a ration of 6,7:1

• Informative
Reactions: RosesFlourish, ScoreCard, throwaway9901 and 22 others
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
i think it is because men tend to keep problems to themselves while women tend to reach out. it is tragic that society taught them to shut up or else be ridiculed for being...idk...woman-like? for needing help.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: RosesFlourish, Z-A, ijustwishtodie and 7 others
TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I would say that if 3/4 of suicides are committed by men then it shows that society neglects mens mental health needs, a fact which is well known.

Think of it.....it's not much fun being a man

You get beaten by a lady you get called a wuss, but if you beat a lady she's a victim of domestic violence (no equality)
You're expected to be the bread winner of the family ( a lot of responsibility if someone is already struggling with their mental health)
You live in a society where you are told that it's not manly to discuss how you feel, and if you show your feelings then you're not a real man
In child custody cases, the mother 9/10 times usually gets custody of the child whether she is fit or not and that means a lot of men get denied contact with their own children
When men are homeless, women get priority over them for accommodation

In short the world isn't fair or equal and that's why we see a huge gender gap in suicide rates. We live in a shit and unequal society where men are expected to just get on with things with a lack of support.

My birth dad committed suicide, I don't know him I was just a baby.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: RABITIA, RosesFlourish, WretchedDreams and 16 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
There's a bunch of factors. May still be an open research question, I don't know

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Skathon, heavyeyes and 1 other person
stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Probably because men usually have a hard time looking for help and they choose more "violent" methods. Women tend to look for help and choose methods that have a higher probability of failure.

• Informative
Reactions: RABITIA, Elio24, Kariope and 4 others
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Women are treasured, esteemed for beauty, give birth, expected to be weak, likely to raise children... Generally, their instinctual drive to thrive on Earth is stronger.

Men are perceived exactly opposite and are goal driven, not built to thrive alone.

Simple as that.

Reactions: WretchedDreams and thecolourgold
N

NorthernMonkey

Student
Apr 6, 2023
Women are much less impulsive, so will talk themselves out of it more often. I wish we didn't.

N

niawscm

May 6, 2023
Guns are a big part of this. Men are more likely to have and use them, and guns are at the top of the list in terms of probability of success.
The list of methods, that is.

Reactions: RosesFlourish, WretchedDreams, Guy Smiley and 4 others
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
I don't believe it's about emotions and depression. Men generally die more often. This is how natural selection works, and suicide is the part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice, divinemistress36 and ManchildLoser
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Because being a male fucking sucks.

Women do have their problems that make being their gender extremely difficult, but still, being a male fucking blows.

(Yes, I am biased)

Reactions: RosesFlourish, WretchedDreams, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
BlueBaby

BlueBaby

Everything's terrible
May 16, 2023
I don't believe it's about emotions and depression. Men generally die more often. This is how natural selection works, and suicide is the part of it.
I think that's a little bit shortsighted to say. Natural selection doesn't just randomly choose people to remove, its way more complex than that. Also, have you ever heard anything about someone being genuinely happy and committing suicide? If not (which I'm guessing), How can you say it's not about emotions and/or depression?

Reactions: WretchedDreams, Temporal_Anchorite, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
Random thought: maybe it's because suicide is highly gendered. That is, "gender" is an institution with social roles that cause a fuckton of suicide

After all, sasu was started by 2 incels; now adminned by a transgendered person

So people with different social roles have very different reasons to quit the game, and they quit differently. I hope I'm not just stating the obvious in an overly abstract way

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Women on average chose less effective methods than men. Also in Europe, men are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than women.
Many researchers have attempted to find explanations for why gender is such a significant indicator for suicide. A common explanation relies on the social constructions of hegemonic masculinity and femininity. According to literature on gender and suicide, male suicide rates are explained in terms of traditional gender roles. Male gender roles tend to emphasize greater levels of strength, independence, risk-taking behaviour, economic status, and individualism Reinforcement of this gender role often prevents males from seeking help for suicidal feelings and depression.

Various other factors have been put forward as the cause of the gender paradox. Part of the gap may be explained by heightened levels of stress that result from traditional gender roles. For example, the death of a spouse and divorce are risk factors for suicide in both genders, but the effect is somewhat mitigated for females. In the Western world, females are more likely to maintain social and familial connections that they can turn to for support after losing their spouse. Another factor closely tied to gender roles is male employment status. Males' vulnerability may be heightened during times of unemployment because of societal expectations that they should provide for themselves and their families.

Also Poland has a ration of 6,7:1
Considering that the question really arises if more suicides could be prevented if people would only reach out. But yet, advising someone to exhaust all methods before deciding to ctb is looked down upon here :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Aisley, NoLightRemains and Not.Flugel
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
But yet, advising someone to exhaust all methods before deciding to ctb is looked down upon here :/
There's nuances. If you'd like to make a thread analyzing the effectiveness/tradeoffs of different interventions, I'd join! But I can't join today, I'm swamped and shouldn't even be posting this, hehe

Reactions: sserafim and SoftWorries
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
There's nuances. If you'd like to make a thread analyzing the effectiveness/tradeoffs of different interventions, I'd join! But I can't join today, I'm swamped and shouldn't even be posting this, hehe
Appreciate the support hahaha, but same T.T

It's a big topic and I wouldn't even know where to start. Besides that is more like an individual trouble so how would I even start analysing…..I am getting tired just by writing this, Zzzz

• Hugs
Reactions: SexyIncél
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
Cool, let's maybe chat on this later if you feel like. I'll stfu now, sorry everyone for offtopic chatter

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Valky
soolka

soolka

ʚ♡ɞ killing me softly ʚ♡ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
atleast in my country women attempt suicide more, but men succeed in it more. partly because they decide different suicide methods

Reactions: Elio24, Skathon and LittleJem
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
men are far more likely to be completely alone, isolated and with a predisposition toward violent means of problem solving. I can't imagine many women in my situation right now of living alone with no friends outside work and a shotgun as company.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: WretchedDreams, ManchildLoser, anhedonicNfoggy and 6 others
suicidalcatlady

suicidalcatlady

May 7, 2023
More impulsive in violence/violence is more tolerated or encouraged as boys grow up (other than the fucked societal standard of men not being able to show feelings). It's why men both kill themselves and others at such a high rate

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice and Skathon
honkpilleddoomer

honkpilleddoomer

The living envies the dead.
Feb 23, 2023
iirc men make up for 75% of completed suicides whereas the other fourth is females. what's with the difference
The life of a man is full of suffering, we're born into this world where no one cares for us, no one wants us, we have inherently negative value so we must fend and contribute value to the society in order to find respect and basic human dignity, unlike women men have no halo effect. 3gfxtwncg90b1 The day a man stops being a productive member of society he is essentially dead for the society. We're forced to do this things against our will, forced conscription, drafts, forced labourer. Men make most of the homeless population, they take up most of the dangerous, filthy and labour extensive body crushing jobs such as sewage cleaning, mining. We make up most of the workplace deaths, Unlike women who are considered women from the very start, men have to prove their value to be seen as men, that's why we find toxic masculine proverbs such as be a man to be so common. We're discouraged from expressing our true feelings and told to suppress them under the guise of "maning up". Men also face far more troubles dating and finding a partner. All of this culminates into a misandrist culture where men are treated as subhumans.

• Love
Reactions: WretchedDreams, DeletedAccount0864, ManchildLoser and 5 others
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
The life of a man is full of suffering, we're born into this world where no one cares for us, no one wants us, we have inherently negative value so we must fend and contribute value to the society in order to find respect and basic human dignity, unlike women men have no halo effect. View attachment 111491 The day a man stops being a productive member of society he is essentially dead for the society. We're forced to do this things against our will, forced conscription, drafts, forced labourer. Men make most of the homeless population, they take up most of the dangerous, filthy and labour extensive body crushing jobs such as sewage cleaning, mining. We make up most of the workplace deaths, Unlike women who are considered women from the very start, men have to prove their value to be seen as men, that's why we find toxic masculine proverbs such as be a man to be so common. We're discouraged from expressing our true feelings and told to suppress them under the guise of "maning up". Men also face far more troubles dating and finding a partner. All of this culminates into a misandrist culture where men are treated as subhumans.
Exactly!
The causes haven't been researched enough. Major depression is twice as common in women, and they attempt twice as much.

A cross-national study on gender differences in suicide intent - Europe
Study you linked is only for Europe which is eliminating most of the world and most countries with high suicide rate like South Korea, Japan , India , China and so on

There are so many research about why men commit suicide more than woman and many news channel have listed it often what are the reasons

Woman attempt suicide twice as much as men but mostly men are successful in their first attempt which doesn't mean woman die more, more men commit suicide than woman in Europe, suicide ratio is 4:1 which is crazy, 4 men die by suicide for every 1 woman death by suicide , this ratio shows something sinister going on with this world!

Last edited:
Reactions: WretchedDreams
Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Considering that the question really arises if more suicides could be prevented if people would only reach out. But yet, advising someone to exhaust all methods before deciding to ctb is looked down upon here :/
Most definitely, a problem. I have noticed that essentially all of my friends are mentally fucked, so I can't really burden them. My closeted friend, whom, I have confined in had an enormous mental breakdown, because she couldn't handle it mentally because of her own problems. My other friends are either as emotional available as a brick wall or have their own problems.
But yeah, I agree.

• Love
Reactions: Valky
dwindlingfirst

dwindlingfirst

Too worthless to live, too scared to die
Apr 24, 2023
Well, sometimes it comes down to people who don't want to die and just want people to know how depressed they are, which are called suicidal gestures. Most men who attempt are sure they want to die and use a method that works effectively. Again. This isn't everyone at all, but some people just want attention

• Informative
Reactions: Alex Fermentopathy, ManchildLoser, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
More impulsive in violence/violence is more tolerated or encouraged as boys grow up (other than the fucked societal standard of men not being able to show feelings). It's why men both kill themselves and others at such a high rate
"Violence is more tolerated or encouraged as boys grow up" from where you got this statement, I was a boy many years before whenever I was violent my parents will whoop my ass and it is applicable to my friends too, so I don't know how you concluded this statement ?

Reactions: WretchedDreams
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
The life of a man is full of suffering, we're born into this world where no one cares for us, no one wants us, we have inherently negative value so we must fend and contribute value to the society in order to find respect and basic human dignity, unlike women men have no halo effect. View attachment 111491 The day a man stops being a productive member of society he is essentially dead for the society. We're forced to do this things against our will, forced conscription, drafts, forced labourer. Men make most of the homeless population, they take up most of the dangerous, filthy and labour extensive body crushing jobs such as sewage cleaning, mining. We make up most of the workplace deaths, Unlike women who are considered women from the very start, men have to prove their value to be seen as men, that's why we find toxic masculine proverbs such as be a man to be so common. We're discouraged from expressing our true feelings and told to suppress them under the guise of "maning up". Men also face far more troubles dating and finding a partner. All of this culminates into a misandrist culture where men are treated as subhumans.

its funny how people will look at any other animal species and conclude that the lowest ranking individuals are always male. But accepting this fact in regard to humans is considered taboo.

Reactions: WretchedDreams, DeletedAccount0864, Tobacco and 1 other person
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
I think that's a little bit shortsighted to say. Natural selection doesn't just randomly choose people to remove, its way more complex than that. Also, have you ever heard anything about someone being genuinely happy and committing suicide? If not (which I'm guessing), How can you say it's not about emotions and/or depression?
I mean it's not like men commit suicide more often because they're not allowed to express their emotions. And it still is complex, I didn't say it's simple. Natural selection choose the weakest/unworthy/unwanted people to remove. With some inaccuracy, ofcourse.

BlueBaby

BlueBaby

Everything's terrible
May 16, 2023
I mean it's not like men commit suicide more often because they're not allowed to express their emotions. And it still is complex, I didn't say it's simple. Natural selection choose the weakest/unworthy/unwanted people to remove. With some inaccuracy, ofcourse.
I kinda see what you mean, and I guess in a sense you're right. But natural selection and emotions can be very intertwined. So like what you said, natural selection gets rid of certain people. But it indirectly does that by making the (in this case) mentally least fit feel fk terrible/depressed. I think that's a nice middle way.

Reactions: limerance1
suicidalcatlady

suicidalcatlady

May 7, 2023
"Violence is more tolerated or encouraged as boys grow up" from where you got this statement, I was a boy many years before whenever I was violent my parents will whoop my ass and it is applicable to my friends too, so I don't know how you concluded this statement ?
In the US growing up we were told "boys will be boys" when boys in elementary would be destructive or violent to others tbh but each culture is different
Exactly!

Study you linked is only for Europe which is eliminating most of the world and most countries with high suicide rate like South Korea, Japan , India , China and so on

There are so many research about why men commit suicide more than woman and many news channel have listed it often what are the reasons

Woman attempt suicide twice as much as men but mostly men are successful in their first attempt which doesn't mean woman die more, more men commit suicide than woman in Europe, suicide ratio is 4:1 which is crazy, 4 men die by suicide for every 1 woman death by suicide , this ratio shows something sinister going on with this world!
At least y'all have rights in every country lol. Something sinister Is happening to humanity in general, it isn't just a male problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Elio24, Aisley and Skathon