• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
Why does society seem ok with allowing so much suffering? Not talking about the obvious suffering caused by war and its consequences, which is horrendous.
I'm more venting about the way society watches people fall through the cracks and then claims help is out there. People can't afford access to quality healthcare, food, transportation, housing. But "they" spend time and money shutting down options for peaceful ctb and instead encourage spending money on therapy and "self care". It's easy to say stay positive and it'll get better when you have money in your pocket and a functional body to find employment.
I wish we could apply for assisted dying for 18+ without a terminal diagnosis. Perhaps a short waiting period with some counseling to help one clarify their reasons? Paperwork that protects the providers from lawsuits by bereaved family? It would be a slippery slope deciding who gets access for sure.
But providing peaceful, accessible ctb options had to be better than the way society forces people to live in declining health and drawn out suffering. It's like society is being built to cause mental illness.

Reactions: CosmicPaperCut, sserafim and enduringwinter
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
You're right it makes no sense. The main motivation for society to be against ctb I see are that it relies on population to function and that human are inherently afraid of loss and death. But men/the elites/idek who to blame are constantly waging war and killing off entire populations. So why all this fuss about euthanisation and suicide.

I've said before that it's a Western thing, and has only become ubiquitous globally recently. I think it's because granting someone authority over their death makes them god (of their own fate), and that doesn't sit well with or Christianity (I'm really not familiar with this religion, just my guess), and those who fancy themselves authorities. It's similar to the sentiment against abortion: granting women full authority over bestowing life is subconciously upsetting to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: wanttodie12345, CosmicPaperCut and sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
The truth is most people dont give a damn about others sufferings, only a small percentage care

Reactions: Hunter2005, Nikitatos, aslank98 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, it truly is so terrible how people suffer so much in this cruel, undesirable existence with no painless way out, anti-suicide truly does just lead to way more harm and torment. All I wish for is a peaceful death like never waking again to free me from all pointless suffering in this existence I never would have chose in the first place that caused nothing but pain, I only find comfort in death.

Reactions: Hunter2005, sserafim and wanttodie12345
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
You're right it makes no sense. The main motivation for society to be against ctb I see are that it relies on population to function and that human are inherently afraid of loss and death. But men/the elites/idek who to blame are constantly waging war and killing off entire populations. So why all this fuss about euthanisation and suicide.

I've said before that it's a Western thing, and has only become ubiquitous globally recently. I think it's because granting someone authority over their death makes them god (of their own fate), and that doesn't sit well with or Christianity (I'm really not familiar with this religion, just my guess), and those who fancy themselves authorities. It's similar to the sentiment against abortion: granting women full authority over bestowing life is subconciously upsetting to them.
I'm also not very familiar with Christianity (or any religion really), but it does seem like a power/control thing. Like, the church/capitalism/authority figure needs workers to support the elite, but the workers are suffering and no one cares until the workers want out, then "oh no! We don't have enough workers, the elite will suffer!"
I kinda feel that wanting a painless, quick death is less of a drain on society than slowly suffering until the body eventually gives out. But to be clear, this would be an individual request as opposed to advocating that anyone with certain situations should request euthanasia. Everyone's circumstances, abilities, and desires are different - I think everyone should have the opportunity to decide what a peaceful life/death should be for themselves, without the judgement and interference of those in power.
That being said, I do see reasons for restricting access somewhat - I don't want anyone to feel coerced, and I could see euthanasia meds being used on unwilling/unsuspecting individuals if just anyone could access them, which would also be bad - but I wish there was a safe and accessible option for those of us that have considered our choices and are deciding our own fate.

Reactions: avalonisburning, enduringwinter and sserafim
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
I think it's a case of the minority forcing their opinions on other. Parents who have lost a child to suicide are understandably very hurt. People like that are often the ones who make a big stink about it in public. Seems like most families have someone where they would have been better off with an earlier, humane death rather than years of misery to end their life.

Cancer, Parkinsons, etc, etc. are often better off dying earlier.

Reactions: enduringwinter, wanttodie12345 and divinemistress36
mckf

mckf

Jul 25, 2024
Each person's suffering is so complex and most of society, especially those who are having normal lives can't understand or empathize others. Neither do they like to hear stories of sadness as it ruins their own mental health and find it bothersome. They are quick to blame the individual for being "lazy" or making "excuses" and try find a quick solution like "go see a doctor" which in most times doesn't help at all.

Reactions: avalonisburning, sserafim, enduringwinter and 1 other person
T

Tarrasque

Apr 4, 2024
I don't think people understand what it's like to be so hurt that you seek death. They can't begin to process the idea that choosing oblivion over life is a reasonable choice to make, which I guess is understandable. I wouldn't know how to communicate this to a normal person so that they properly get it.

I also think that people misguidedly try to treat the symptom rather than the cause. Someone is miserable enough to kill themself, and people prevent them from having the ability. Since suicide is caused by misery and we prevented a suicide, they think they have managed to de-escalate the misery, but now you just have people who are trapped and miserable. This is one of the reasons I really hate that suicide rate is used as a statistic for the wellbeing of a population and a target metric for governments, one of the easiest ways and most direct ways to reduce the suicide rate is to restrict the freedoms of people who aren't happy rather than fix the problems that make them miserable.

Reactions: divinemistress36, avalonisburning and wanttodie12345