S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Everywhere it is said, give yourself 30 minutes to ensure death from hanging..why is that the case? Working Group on Human Asphyxia, reports last body movement 5 minutes after hanging..which should result in death in 5 minutes..which should be the case if it was a homicide..nobody strangles someone for 20-30 minutes to ensure that they are really dead..

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
The 20-30 minutes are for making sure you aren't discovered I believe. Also everyone's body is different. It took that American cop almost 9 mins to murder Floyd. Also movies and tv probs add a lot of misinfo here.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I think the suicidal is done in the upper part on the neck. I watched some videos about Jeffrey Epstein's autopsy in which this is explained very well. Gotta find them.

Last edited:
S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
I think the suicidal is done in the upper part on the neck. I watched some videos about Jeffrey Epstein's autopsy in which this is explained very well. Gotta find them.
Can you share them here?

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Everywhere it is said, give yourself 30 minutes to ensure death from hanging..why is that the case? Working Group on Human Asphyxia, reports last body movement 5 minutes after hanging..which should result in death in 5 minutes..which should be the case if it was a homicide..nobody strangles someone for 20-30 minutes to ensure that they are really dead..

They are extremely different. In a homicide there's someone who applies pressure, usually with both hands around the neck and the human grip can be extremely strong, it's very common for a victim of strangulation to end up with their necks completely crushed.

While on hanging, there's only gravity and a rope, the rest depends on your weight and body shape. The reason why a minimum 30 minutes are recommended is because this method is extremely inconsistent, some people die in minutes, but if things go wrong it can take you even more than half an hour to die. Not to mention that getting saved from this method almost always ends up in brain damage unless they save you almost immediately.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, foxdie, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person